Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 1:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by akf018
Hello! I am having a problem with the CC hairs that I have downloaded from various different sites. The hair will look fine while in CAS, but when I go into live mode these strange highlights appear on the hairs. I've tested each different hair, and tried different hair colors with the same results each time. I have tried changing my graphics options in game to see if the issue was low quality, but no matter how high I jack up the settings the highlights persist. I play on a Sony VAIO with Intel Core i3 330M / 2.13 GHz, dual core.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Im having a simmilar issue but instead of higlights i have danger tape looking things and i dont have laptop mode checked
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 1:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by azure-neon
Ok, so I realize this thread is old and probably dead, but I'm experiencing a similar issue.

I made a custom recolor of kijiko's ragamuffin hair for sims 4, and it looks fine in CAS, but when I go into Live mode it looks blonde. Like entirely. But if I zoom in I can see the color underneath as tho the blonde is some weird overlay.

I also tried all the suggestions in this thread and can't get it fixed.
Please help?

Screenshots provided below:

Can someone please help? I have tried everything I can think of and all the "solutions" that people have mentioned for similar problems don't work. I still can't fix it!

All of the Kijiko haircolors work, but my recolors don't. What am I doing wrong???
Test Subject
#28 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 3:29 PM
I don't know how to help you but this same problem happened to me as well after the October patch.
I am bumping it, maybe someone else knows what to do
Smeg Head
#29 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 7:31 PM
That looks similar to effect when sims are sneakily wearing a hat or headband CC that is not meant to go with the hair. Check to see if they are wearing something form the hat category. Also check to see if CC jewellery, accessories, even shoes, are clashing. All of these can also streak CC hair in such ways.
Test Subject
#30 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
That looks similar to effect when sims are sneakily wearing a hat or headband CC that is not meant to go with the hair. Check to see if they are wearing something form the hat category. Also check to see if CC jewellery, accessories, even shoes, are clashing. All of these can also streak CC hair in such ways.

I tried your suggestion and it did not work, there is no CC or accessories conflict. And as I mentioned before, the base haircolors for the CC hair work, but my custom recolors don't.
Scholar
#31 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 9:34 PM
Perhaps post in the CAS section under the create tab at the top of the page. Someone with more knowledge may be able to take a look at your package file. I have no idea on hair creation..... What coolspear1 said is also correct as i have a CC ring that affects some clothes and swimwear but i have no idea how to fix it and neither does the creator, LOL
Test Subject
#32 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 10:09 PM
I am getting help from the cc creator now. Hopefully they can help me resolve this issue. Thanks for the suggestions, tho.
Test Subject
#33 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 6:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by azure-neon
I am getting help from the cc creator now. Hopefully they can help me resolve this issue. Thanks for the suggestions, tho.

Problem solved!

Kijiko helped me fix the texture file.
Test Subject
#34 Old 15th Nov 2016 at 9:04 PM
i have this problem aswell but after a while you get used to it its weird but whatever
Test Subject
#35 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 6:07 PM
Default Solution
Quote: Originally posted by Daeneiracorn
i have this problem aswell but after a while you get used to it its weird but whatever

I had the same worries, I turned off laptop mode and the hairstyle returned to normal
Test Subject
#36 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by akf018
Hello! I am having a problem with the CC hairs that I have downloaded from various different sites. The hair will look fine while in CAS, but when I go into live mode these strange highlights appear on the hairs. I've tested each different hair, and tried different hair colors with the same results each time. I have tried changing my graphics options in game to see if the issue was low quality, but no matter how high I jack up the settings the highlights persist. I play on a Sony VAIO with Intel Core i3 330M / 2.13 GHz, dual core.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
how to fix hair:low medium setting turn off laptop mode
Test Subject
#37 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 3:41 AM
Default CC hair issues
I have been having the same issue. Just turn OFF laptop mode!

~SimReviews
Page 2 of 2