Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #3 - posted on 20th Oct 2017 at 10:54 PM
Replies: 112 (Who?), Viewed: 114099 times.
Page 5 of 5
Test Subject
#101 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 10:04 AM
Have we learned how to encode yet? i need to replace the ingame radio soundtrack lol
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeathervsFlower
Have we learned how to encode yet? i need to replace the ingame radio soundtrack lol
Is it like you want to replace music in the Sims 3 with a custom track? Isn't it better just to put some MP3s into the CustomMusic folder and play this station?

Quote:
mornings just hate me + i hate them. thus we avoid each other all together.
Test Subject
#103 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 8:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wojtek
Is it like you want to replace music in the Sims 3 with a custom track? Isn't it better just to put some MP3s into the CustomMusic folder and play this station?

i can't stand having so many genres playing on a single radio station
Test Subject
DELETED POST
8th Mar 2017 at 1:52 AM
This message has been deleted by snicks.
Test Subject
#104 Old 1st May 2017 at 8:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeathervsFlower
i can't stand having so many genres playing on a single radio station

I gotta agree, not just for keeping genres together but also for community lots. If you have a lot that plays a specific station, and you want it to play your custom music, it would be nice to just shove your tunes in the respective station and be on your way. And sometimes, you just want to listen to one particular type of music anyway, and having them, all in the right station just makes it easier to listen to that band, or that album or whatever.

Having more options to do anything can be a good thing, despite if half the users have no reason for it, the other half do.

"Look, I haven't paid my taxes in six years, I'm not getting busted by some sandwich" Master Shake, Aqua Teen Hunger Force.
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 1st May 2017 at 6:25 PM
Here's the tutorial: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...963#post5200963

Quote:
Test Subject
#106 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 11:06 PM
Does anyone know how to decode .audtun files?
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 2:06 PM
@texter241, why do you want to decode them? They carry no sound data.

Quote:
Test Subject
#108 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 5:44 PM
@Wojtek Do they not? Based on the name of the files, some of them should have voice audio in them.
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 1:00 PM
@texter241, _SNS and _SNR files have audio. Depending on the way they're coded, they come in different combinations. The most common one is a SNR file, which contains audio, with an AUDTUN. Short sounds are usually coded this way. You can also have a SNS, SNR and AUDTUN files. In this case a SNS file contains audio data, a SNR file somewhat "points" to SNS. It's possible to replace SNS and SNR files with custom sounds. See page 4 of this thread.

Quote:
Test Subject
#110 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 6:10 PM
I did read through the whole thread a few times before.
But there are some AUDTUN files that follow the same naming pattern as SNS and SNR files that contain voice audio. For instance, one of the SNS files I've converted to .wav is named this: S3_01A527DB_001407EC_00C5929C3C4C71E1_vo_bed_talk_listenaA_fa22%%+_AUD. The two letters and numbers before the percent indicate that it is a voice file, and which voice it is. b=baby, p=toddler, c=child, m=male voices teen--elder, f=female voices teen--elder. a--c is voices a, b, or c.
Knowing this allowed me to know which SNR and SNS files I needed to convert to .wav files. But there are AUDTUN files that follow the same naming pattern, so it really seems like there should be voice audio in there. For instance, one of the files is named: S3_8070223D_001407EC_82D1F5AB32CAE95A_vo_btrap_toilet_trc_cb%%+AUDT. So it should have a Child Voice B file in there.
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 6:52 PM
No, AUDTUN files (Audio Tuners) seem to contain some properties of SNS and/or SNR files they reference to, but no audio as such.

Quote:
Test Subject
#112 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 7:44 PM
Oh, okay. Thank you very much for the information.
Sorry for being so stubborn!
Test Subject
#113 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 3:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernus Animositas
Here are the two loop tracks FFMPEG can't decode completely. Anyone got any ideas?

http://www.mediafire.com/?i2cz1ey1fuzay1b

I know it is an old topic, here's what I found, once you export the file, use a Hex Editor to modify the first 2 digits to be "00" and save it.
And this worked for me.
Screenshots
Page 5 of 5