Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 10:48 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life
Default Family Tree Breaks Upon Travelling
I'm at the midway point of a legacy. The family has been traveling to Egypt about once a generation or so since Generation 3. For the most part, the issues had been minor until recently. However, one of my sims was married in Egypt and brought the spouse's family back to the home world, although when they loaded the relationship between the parents and their child had been broken. But they were townies, so it wasn't a serious issue. This time it is an issue.
One of the parents whose relationship with their son was broken before was still in my household when I sent the family back to Egypt. But after arriving, ErrorTrap started firing near-constant errors and resetting her whenever she tried to interact with other sims. I eventually decided to just send her home and I thought the game was stable enough after that. But it turns out that when I sent the home, all of their relationships had been completely wiped. None of the four children acknowledged their siblings as brother or sister, their father and mother weren't married, and the rest of the legacy sims had no connection to them either.
After reloading, I confirmed that the family relationships were actually breaking during the first day of my sims visit to Egypt. By midnight at the latest they would all lose their relationships.

I can't think of any solutions at the moment. I want this trip to happen. But I can't delete the .nhd file and create a fresh Egypt because I would lose the vacation home my sims have there, lose the relationships my sims have there, and then I'd have to delete the extra copies of all the sims I've moved to the main town. And no matter what configuration of sims I send (i.e, leaving behind the sims that were originally from Egypt, leaving behind all the sims that already traveled), the relationships always break.

I'm using ErrorTrap and Overwatch, but not Traveler or any other Nrass mods. I am curious as to whether or not Traveler might help with these glitches, but thought I'd come here for more general advice before trying anything. Any suggestions?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 1:06 AM
Traveler together with ErrorTrap and Overwatch that you already have to prevent the glitches and, for the few that might still sneak through, MasterController and MC Cheats to fix the broken family relationships.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 5:52 AM
I've just added Traveler, but unfortunately I'm having the exact same issue; the relationships still break come midnight.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 11:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Spamaccount
I've just added Traveler, but unfortunately I'm having the exact same issue; the relationships still break come midnight.

Sometimes it can take a few sim days or a game reload before changes kick in. Did you remember to clear your script cache after installing Traveler?

Something else to consider:
Quote:
On occasion when loading up the homeworld after a vacation, the game isn't loading the homeworld properly. Some effects are, inactive Sims not going to work, carpool system broken, not getting mail and other various problems. You will need to Install DebugEnabler to fix this.

Whenever you arrive home from a vacation use:
CityHall / Computer> Nraas> DebugEnabler> Options: CityHall / Computer> Sim> Fix Homeworld

This usually corrects any errors during the loading of your homeworld.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 2:50 PM
If the script errors and family tree breakage persist beyond clearing the script cache, I would suggest zipping up some of those script logs and uploading them to us at NRaas so we can help interpret them. This is not typical travel behavior with the mods in play.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/How+To+Upload
(free Wikispaces account and NRaas membership required to upload and open up a support thread)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 4:50 PM
Thank you for the suggestions. I didn't delete the script cache, but noticed the new options in the travel interface so assumed I was good to go. I will try sending them one more time after clearing the cache.