Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 6:36 PM
Default Trees Everywhere!
I loaded my game and there's a tree explosion, there's trees everywhere even in the middle of the ocean. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to get rid of all these trees? I'm a tree hugger but this is ridiculous!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 2:40 AM
Of course try exiting out to the Desktop (or Origin if on Patch 1.69) and reloading to see if that clears things up. But you may have a "bad" game save there. When objects take on borked up and impossible location coordinates, they may appear just about anywhere and sometimes in multiple places at once -- in the ocean, off the edge of the usable map, hanging in the air, etc.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 2:18 PM
...Why is it always Sunlit Tides I have a problem with? Schools, Court house, Etc going missing? Sunlit Tides! Sims are labeled "Object - etc" Houses are labeled the same thing?! Sunlit Tides! Seriously didn't they test this world out?! Oh yeah and thanks.
Scholar
#4 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 11:34 PM
Is this a player made world? It sounds like you may be missing plants they used which is automatically replaced by the base game oak tree upon loading the world.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 11:47 AM
Sunlit Tides is a Store world. Why it messes up like that, I wouldn't know. I've never really played in it.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 2:33 PM
...Actually it's the world it's self. I started a fresh world, and all the trees are there too... and another same from the same world, you guessed it. TREES.
Scholar
#7 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 5:22 PM Last edited by pretenshus : 23rd Jul 2017 at 4:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Sunlit Tides is a Store world. Why it messes up like that, I wouldn't know. I've never really played in it.

Oh, thats odd. Welp if its any consolation OP that world is nearly unplayable anyway just in general.

EDIT
Sunlit and IP are different
Inventor
#8 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 8:12 PM
Just brainstorming here... you got this?
http://modthesims.info/d/516760
Mad Poster
#9 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 3:36 AM Last edited by igazor : 23rd Jul 2017 at 3:47 AM.
I use Sunlit Tides as a Traveler vacation world in my ongoing game and have never had these issues with it. Its layout is certainly different from most, but it plays just fine for me. To be fair though, never having used it as a homeworld, I guess I've only clocked five or six sim weeks of play there. Certainly no issues that rise to the level of say Isla Paradiso (unfixed) or even Bridgeport. Maybe the underwater trees are something I still have to look forward to on a future visit.

But in the meantime, perhaps a reinstall of the store world from a fresh download and/or a clearing of its world cache, if it produces one?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 4:02 AM
I played quite a lot in Sunlit Tides(unfixed, thanks for the link, chokolady)) and I never had any troubles. I'd say..re-download and re-install...well, what he said.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 3:16 PM
Yep, I've tried all that, tried the worlds fix, still trees, uninstalled and tried to reinstall, and it keeps telling me the world's already installed, and yet the trees remain.
Scholar
#12 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 4:46 PM
Oh! I got Sunlit and Island Paradise confused.
WHICH HELPS
That's an EA world not tied to an EP.
Sooo idk how you got it but whichever way you came into possession of it you're going to need to check for missing pieces
in this case the plants and trees

when you uninstall make sure you're also clearing the caches including the world cache fro an entirely clean start
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 10:01 PM Last edited by Squall41269 : 24th Jul 2017 at 10:38 PM.
AH HA! EUREKA! All the stuff that came with Sunlit Tides isn't showing up.... why could this be happening?! But I got if fixed, I extracted everything from the World file, and put it my downloads folder. If anyone else has this problem, I suggest the same solution.