Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#126 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 9:14 PM Last edited by Tigger : 7th Apr 2007 at 12:09 AM.
Ok, many thanks to Emma for getting me interested in doing Custom Careers. I have spent conciderable hours working on this career now and am enjoying the experience.

I have run into a few snags that I just can not find the answers to.

1. I am not sure how to change the category that the job falls under when the Sim finds it in the newspaper or on the computer. Currently, it is set to "servants" career. I see 3 separate references to "servants" in the files, but am unsure if I can change any or all of them without damaging my brain cells with the results.

2. My sim obtained this custom career at Level 6. She is stuck in this level and refuses to get in the car when it comes. The command goes to queue automatically, but disappears just as fast. My sim just stands there and then goes off to do whatever she wants, only to be halted when the Go To Work appears in her queue again.

3. I have not been able to locate where to change the days of the week that the career levels should be assigned to.

4. Unknown, but wondering if it is possible that Seasons EP may be interfering with somethings. Each level tested, to level 3 is showing a GUID error.

5. All chance cards are appearing at every level, guaranteed so far. Promotions are given, with bonuses, regardless that the sim doesn't even meant half of what is needed to advance.

So, short of my current option of downloading someone else's career to peel back the onion layers and see what they did, I am hoping that one of you fine modders has some answers to help me with. I do appreciate all the help that is contained in the forums under the other Career Tutorials, without most of that, I would be in a really tight pickle jar.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  SRTW_PrimaBallerinaCareer.rar (25.9 KB, 14 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Test Subject
#127 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 8:13 PM
This is great; will try ASAP. Do you mean GUID instead of GUILD? The first time I read that, the thought of adding a career guild blew my mind!
Forum Resident
#128 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 7:45 AM
Thanks for this tutorial.
I'm almost finished with my career.

And that is when these problems comes up, no-one has asked this before, so maybe I'm just blind (or stupid)
How do I change picture on the career - you know I don't really want the servant pic :D
How do I change the name from TEMPLATE.Adult to my own career name - I tried, but it won't succeed.

Hmm, I think that's all for now.
Thanks again.

//HB

♥Adam Ant♥
No, I don't take request at the moment
11/7 -09 My beautiful niece was born!
Lab Assistant
#129 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 5:58 PM
Done my first career, thanks for the tutorial It's awesome! Soon I'm gonna upload it, when my friends test it to see if it's working fine...
Lab Assistant
#130 Old 26th Apr 2007 at 5:17 AM
ok thank you for this career tutorial but i have a question. i have seen this question asked before twice actually but no one has replied it and i think it is a good question in which is why im asking again and hope someone will reply.

ok... how can i turn your adult template emma into a teen/elder career or do i need to start fresh? can someone or anyone reply please and thank you.

TASH

http://passionssims2com.page.tl/

my own website. check it out
Test Subject
#131 Old 26th Apr 2007 at 11:00 AM
Great tutorial, I haven't had any problems.

PM me if you have a question and I'll do my best to answer.
Test Subject
#132 Old 27th Apr 2007 at 1:03 AM
OK no offense but in my versian of SimPE i can just click tools bidou's career editor and then all you have to do is fill it out. (i think, i havent actually made one) soi dont know if that is new(i just downloade a few days ago) but it seems easier
Test Subject
#133 Old 2nd May 2007 at 9:40 PM
Hi
I just wanted to know,how do I download the empty template?I have no idea what file I save it in!
Test Subject
#134 Old 3rd May 2007 at 8:20 PM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 4th May 2007 at 4:19 AM. Reason: edited to combine posts
you were right when you said it takes a while ive been doing chance cards for the past 2 hours im only on no.4. Or maybe im just slow.

i just noticed that someone else has done a ballerina carrer already i think mine is different is it still allowed?or does it count as copyright

-x-Mint-x-
Part-time Hermit
#135 Old 4th May 2007 at 4:23 AM
simmy9988, you need to download the attached template from the bottom of the first post in this thread. Save it to your desktop, for example, and extract with a program that can open rar files. In the folder there is a file called TEMPLATE. Adult.package that you need to open with SimPE.

MewMint20, nobody owns the copyright to all ballerina careers. As long as you make your own career and don't just copy someone else's file, it's fine.
Test Subject
#136 Old 5th May 2007 at 1:11 AM
It wouldn't even let me open the file in simPE!! This is what it did: http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/833/lllllih4.png
Test Subject
#137 Old 18th May 2007 at 9:58 PM
They earns money when they work but they doesn't earns money OR bonus when they being promoted. I would look inside the file.

But I want a answer.
Test Subject
#138 Old 25th May 2007 at 11:41 PM
I have a problem with my 1st custom career. I am not through with the chance cards yet, but I was testing my career. I get my daily pay as I should. When I get a home and got a promotion that day I get no pay or popup at all. Anyone know what is going on?
Test Subject
#139 Old 26th May 2007 at 9:06 AM
I have same problem like you Fat70Boy!

My sims only get pay when they DON'T got a promotion.
Test Subject
#140 Old 27th May 2007 at 2:11 AM
I fixed mine, if you edit on a career you have to restart the computer or it acts all weird.
Test Subject
#141 Old 27th May 2007 at 4:42 AM Last edited by monkeyz_and_turkeyz : 29th May 2007 at 9:21 AM.
i cant open the template career its a rar file???
Test Subject
#142 Old 29th May 2007 at 9:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by -love-sims-2-
It wouldn't even let me open the file in simPE!! This is what it did: http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/833/lllllih4.png

they same thing happens for me its so annoying

monkeyz and turkeyz in the
war of ultimate supremacy
Part-time Hermit
#143 Old 29th May 2007 at 9:33 AM
You can't open the rar file directly in SimPE, you need to extract the package out of the rar with a program like WinRAR or 7-Zip and then open the package in SimPE.
Test Subject
#144 Old 4th Jun 2007 at 3:56 AM
What if you want to make it so you get a promotion for a chance card??
Test Subject
#145 Old 4th Jun 2007 at 5:30 AM
i cant extract it its one file?its a ms word file what am i doing wrong
Test Subject
#146 Old 6th Jun 2007 at 9:35 PM Last edited by Otonin Chunin : 6th Jun 2007 at 9:45 PM.
My Resource tree has nothing in it
I downloaded SimPE and the template and opened the template in SimPE but when I go to the next step in the tutorial which is going to text lists in the Resource Tree, I have none! I tried redownloading but that didn't work. Is the file old or something? Please help.
I think I need a rar extractor, can any give me a link for a free one? I tried the one that Emma posted but the page isn' there any more.
Forum Resident
#147 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 9:01 AM Last edited by Hardy boyz : 7th Jun 2007 at 10:32 AM.
Just serch for WinRAR at google.

Edit: Have made a tutorial for you who's not really sure about downloading, extracing and open templates in SimPE.
Feel free to look here (just remember to klick on "Full size")

//HB

♥Adam Ant♥
Test Subject
#148 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 5:22 PM Last edited by Otonin Chunin : 7th Jun 2007 at 6:18 PM.
Thanks

Actually how do you put a icon next to your career?
Lab Assistant
#149 Old 17th Jun 2007 at 5:13 AM
Where can I find a .zip career template?
Forum Resident
#150 Old 17th Jun 2007 at 9:55 AM
You can't find it as a zip file, only as a rar file, in the beginning of this tutorial.

//HB

♥Adam Ant♥
Page 6 of 17