Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 1:57 AM
Default Short Story(Horror): Who's the DUMMY Now?
Hey guys, this was a story written by me a few months ago. It was inspired by a nightmare I had (which was scary!) and has some writing styles like some horror books I read. It was, oringinally, going to be longer, but I just got lazy and shortened it. Enjoy =]. Constructive Comments are appreciated.

~~~

Who's the dummy now?

Dummies were always a big fear in Bridget Berg's life. Something really frightened her about the thought of one and now here she is with her friend Rachel, browsing through a puppet store. It wasn't all those killer doll movies or stories that freaked her out, it was something about dolls and dummies that sent a chill down her spine. Was it the small size? Or the beady eyes that follow your every move? Or just Bridget's imagination?

"Ventriloquist? Are you sure? Why can't you play an intrument or something?" Bridget said.

"I don't know. They seem cool. Look, I really like this. Is that hard for you to accept?" Rachel stated bluntly.

Bridget remained silent. She just wanted to get out and have nothing else to do with Rachel's plans. Rachel Porter was Bridget's best friend and was always into odd hobbies. They came across a dummy with curly black hair and deep blue eyes, wearing an old fashioned dress.

"Oh! I really like her. Lets get her." Rachel exclaimed.

Bridget glanced at the dummy. The dummy stared into Bridgets eyes and seemed to smile at her. The clerk at the counter seemed to be disturbed when Rachel was at the counter.

"Are you sure you want this one? There are many other fine puppets." the clerk said.

"This one's fine."

Bridget shuddered. " Lets just hurry, please?".

"I think I'll name her Jamie." Rachel said happily.

A week had past since the purchase and Bridget suddenly recieved a phone call at night.

"Bridget... Can you come over?"
"Rachel? What is it? Whats wrong?"
"I'm scared. The dummy... It's coming. It's... Alive!"

The line went dead. Bridget grabbed her coat and ran out the door. She was worried about her best friend. What did she mean about the dummy? All these thoughts in her mind made Bridget dizzy. Her vision was suddenly blurred. When her vision cleared, Bridget realized she had arrived at Rachel's house. The front door was unlocked and Bridget made her way up towards Rachel's room. "Rachel? Rachel, I'm here." Silence. The whole house was silent and dark. Bridget reached towards the door knob and pushed open the door. Bridget frozed. Her jaw dropped, nothing could come out of her mouth.

There in Rachel's room was Rachel's body bloody and cut. Rachel's eyes were staring at the ceiling, her face was pale and cold. But what frightened Bridget the most, was Jamie sitting next to the body. With a bloody knife in one hand and a huge evil grin on her face.

Somehow, Bridget found the strength to take off. She couldn't believe her eyes. The sight of her friend's body was flashing in her mind. Bridget arrived home and slammed the door shut and locked it. Her face was sweaty and her body was trembling. The house was dark and eerie. "M-mom?" Bridget managed to get out. No answer. She made her way toward the hallway, but something caught her eye. A small shadow was at the end of the hall. Something or SOMEONE was around the corner. Bridget's stomach churned. She slowly turned the corner. She gasped...

"Who's the dummy now?"
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 2:08 AM
I like it!
Really creepy, I would be freaked out if that actually happened.
Reminds me of dreams I had when I was younger.

The First Time I saw him....I knew he was the one.
Currently:A Model.
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 2:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PixieDust_fairy
I like it!
Really creepy, I would be freaked out if that actually happened.
Reminds me of dreams I had when I was younger.

I would always have dreams like those when I was younger. I was an easily scared kid. hehe
Scholar
#4 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 2:24 AM
Same here.
I remember the ghost bumps shows and they always had that creepy puppet.
When I was about 6 years old I dreamt that he was hiding in my pantry and he jumped out and attempted to kill me, pretty creepy for a dream to have at six.

Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PixieDust_fairy
Same here.
I remember the ghost bumps shows and they always had that creepy puppet.
When I was about 6 years old I dreamt that he was hiding in my pantry and he jumped out and attempted to kill me, pretty creepy for a dream to have at six.

Omg, I know! Slappy is really scary. Lol. I watched the Night of the Living Dummy when I was little and ever since then dolls and dummies would scare me.
Scholar
#6 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 2:33 AM
That's exactaly who I was talking about I just forgot his name.
He always gave me the creeps. And like you I've hated dolls and dummies eversince. Sadly some teddy bears scared me, because they look like they're always angry.

Makes me laugh that I was afraid of teddy bears. I'm now 16 and I have a few from ex-boyfriends and they're so cute.