Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#226 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 5:56 AM
Wow! Thanks so much for explaining this! xD It was so simple after following your instructions!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#227 Old 3rd May 2008 at 5:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by izazu
My photo studio is greyed out..I can't choose it Please help, I really want to create different paintings...And do I need CEP files with re colours of paintings? Thanks, izazu

This happened to me too. Yes, you need CEP for Photo Studio to work.
Test Subject
#228 Old 9th May 2008 at 5:01 AM
This tutorial looks real easy for a beginner like me to use. Thanks.

Though, I do have a question or two though.

Now, I recently downloaded SimPE (Never have before just getting into CC) and it's the new version and downloaded the SimPE Photo Studio Template I assumed was needed.

So, I went to follow your tut, but Photo Studio is grayed out? I'm not sure why though. I read the thread a bit and saw some people having a similar problem. Is there something else I'm suppose to download or was that it?
Test Subject
#229 Old 11th May 2008 at 10:13 AM
Wow, great tutorial! Thanks a lot! And.... Somebody asked how to change cost and description and other.. Just google a program named Sims 2 Catalogiser. Very useful program!
Test Subject
#230 Old 14th May 2008 at 11:48 AM
I would like to do panting recolour, but not on maxis mesh, is there any tutorial how to do it? can anybody help me here?
Instructor
#231 Old 15th May 2008 at 2:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyKynia
This tutorial looks real easy for a beginner like me to use. Thanks.

Though, I do have a question or two though.

Now, I recently downloaded SimPE (Never have before just getting into CC) and it's the new version and downloaded the SimPE Photo Studio Template I assumed was needed.

So, I went to follow your tut, but Photo Studio is grayed out? I'm not sure why though. I read the thread a bit and saw some people having a similar problem. Is there something else I'm suppose to download or was that it?

Look at post #227

You can find more of my stuff here: http://www.blackpearlsims.com/downloads.php
Lab Assistant
#232 Old 17th May 2008 at 11:28 PM
What other paint studios can you use? I don't want to use Corel or Adobe's PhotoStudio or Paint Shop.

cytö Sims Division
Questions or Comments?
Websitecytö
"Life is Short, Live Life Better"
Lab Assistant
#233 Old 16th Jun 2008 at 7:17 PM
I cant use photo studio either! Its not selectable !
Now I cant make my own paintings
please help me !
Test Subject
#234 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 11:41 AM
Help!!!! How exactly do I get to the picture under number 4??? Where can I find the basises from the sims2 game? All I can do is select the picture I want to replace the original with - but where are the originals???

Please, anyone? Thanks in advance!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#235 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 12:02 PM
The picture in Step 4 shows the list of available "templates". The templates should be automatically downloaded and installed when you first run PhotoStudio, but in any case you can manually download them from the download page at SimPE site.

The original textures are just shown in the selector (to let you understand which painting you are going to recolour), but can't be extracted using PhotoStudio. You have to clone the painting using Object Workshop, if you want to extract the original texture.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#236 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 4:24 PM
Thank you so much Numenor, for this tutorial and for your quick help! I officially made my first custom painting and it looks great!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#237 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 6:12 PM
Congratulations! I'll share your thanks and compliments with CynicalChick, who wrote the tutorial -

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#238 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 3:28 PM
I got the new CEP, I even got the new SimPE, and my PhotoStudio option under tools is still greyed out. Any ideas?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#239 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 4:07 PM
Try resetting the file table in Extra -> Preferences -> File Table.
Also, run the tests in Extra -> Preferences -> System Check.

Test Subject
#240 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 4:44 PM
OK, I installed the latest CEP, SimPE, and DDS Utilities. I made painting recolors fine, they show up in my game beautifully. Now, however, I can't build dxt in object workshop! I only downloaded and installed nvidia DDS utilities after I found that out, but it didn't help. Help?
Test Subject
#241 Old 1st Jul 2008 at 12:19 PM
Thank you for this tutorial! Now I have my own paintings! ^^
At first I had the photostudio option grey out too, but I installed the latest CEP and it worked nicely.
Test Subject
#242 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 12:43 AM
Thank you so much!
Now I can look at Kyle Burns and play the sims at the same time!
Haha!
(:
Lab Assistant
#243 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 6:44 PM
Thank you, Numenor!
Test Subject
#244 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 2:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mynxie
you shouldn't need photoshop to create them just photostudio in the SimPE, any paint program would work so long as you can resize the photos in it to make them the correct size for the template, which I think you can do even in MSpaint.

ya MS paint should work, I used to use it and a similar method for custom paintings in sims1. Just use the rectangle thing to re-size once you have up loaded pic to MS paint :D
Test Subject
#245 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 2:23 AM
I have either the 8.0 or 8.1 vers of CEP, I just used the autoinstaller file from this site. And my photo studio is still grey in the simPE. Any idea where I can get the latest CEP? The CEP thread mentions 8.1 briefly but I don't think I was able to get it.
Deviant Savant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#246 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 8:11 AM
Looks like the version linked there is fine... make sure you have _EnableColorOptionsGMND in your Downloads folders and the Photo Studio templates installed. That should be all you need.

"I guess I should warn you: If I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I said" - Alan Greenspan
Test Subject
#247 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 6:21 PM Last edited by Xajemm : 16th Jul 2008 at 6:23 PM. Reason: mispelled
thank you so much, before I knew how to do this I was just getting my sims to do custom paintings on the easel and hanging them up :D
Test Subject
#248 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 9:44 PM Last edited by simskater88 : 16th Jul 2008 at 9:54 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CynicalChick
Looks like the version linked there is fine... make sure you have _EnableColorOptionsGMND in your Downloads folders and the Photo Studio templates installed. That should be all you need.

Yep this was the problem. Thanks for your help.

There is only one Race. The Human Race.
Test Subject
#249 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 4:48 AM
AHHHH! when ever i try 2 download SimPE it works then wont open CAN ANYBOADY HELP MEEEE!!!!
Test Subject
#250 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 3:54 PM
I have always wanted to create my own custom content, You have pushed me in the right direction, I will be sharing what i have made =)

Thankyou!!
Page 10 of 13