Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#6451 Old 24th May 2018 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Liza
I watched the video:
It's just copy-paste from Sims 2. And the trailer proves the rule: everything new is a well-forgotten old. Graphic effects of weather at the level of the game itself: nothing exciting.

Overall I definitely agree. But, to be fair, I see some details that are neat. As I mentioned in my previous post, the storm animation for the trees is actually pretty good.

The snow looks pretty disappointing, though. Like The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 had really nice snow effects and animations. Here there's apparently not even really any effect of accumulation, just a texture change. The snow animation itself is... not as realistic as TS2 or 3, but eh. Whatever.

The accumulation just being a texture leads me to question what other details have been removed versus The Sims 3 Seasons. I wouldn't be shocked if gradual seasons are gone, too. In fact, I'd be shocked if they were actually in watching how they just show the seasons so distinctly apart, like in The Sims 2.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6452 Old 24th May 2018 at 8:01 PM
Something to be concern about: weather having an emotional effect on your sims. Flirt atmosphere during spring (valentine?). Focused during Fall/Autumn? Energized in Summer? Something in Winter?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Forum Resident
#6453 Old 24th May 2018 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
Sounds like a lot fun, but hopefully EP would mention a new world, because if all those additions are true, I need MORE Space!
I'm not good with recognizing backgrounds, so maybe someone else can clarify, but these two screenshots don't look familiar to me? Especially the one with the crane.
Instructor
#6454 Old 24th May 2018 at 8:13 PM
Shamelessly linking to my post on the officials here because I think it highlights how piss poor the actual differences between the Seasons are: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...omment_16489712

Look at ANY furniture object in the snow of that trailer. They aren't covered with snow.
Scholar
#6455 Old 24th May 2018 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeservedCriticism
Shamelessly linking to my post on the officials here because I think it highlights how piss poor the actual differences between the Seasons are: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...omment_16489712

Look at ANY furniture object in the snow of that trailer. They aren't covered with snow.

Maybe it's a glitch. ...

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Instructor
#6456 Old 24th May 2018 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
Maybe it's a glitch. ...

Legit though, there's two trashcans and one mailbox exposed outside during winter in the entirety of the trailer. Neither has snow buildup on it. It actually seems like snow buildup might not exist and they've tactically hidden this from the trailer.
Mad Poster
#6457 Old 24th May 2018 at 8:19 PM

Kinda predictable.

Scholar
#6458 Old 24th May 2018 at 8:19 PM
So.... Seasons for TS4 is finally here. Okay....

To be fair, the trailer looks good. It looks promising. It looks like it might even get me interested to try (for the hundreth time!) to get back into the TS4 game I have, and find something fun to do/play around with. I'll even go so far as to say the bunny costume is kinda cute (that gnome, though, is nightmare fuel!)

However, I will reserve further judgement until actual gameplay is shown, and LGR lets us know his thoughts, before I get any money ready to purchase this thing; so far, I've managed to stay away from buying anything else with TS4 on it since Cats & Dogs, and if this particular expansion turns out to be a dud too, then no monies from me...

It's a waiting game until then....

...Titanium white...
Mad Poster
#6459 Old 24th May 2018 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
I'm not good with recognizing backgrounds, so maybe someone else can clarify, but these two screenshots don't look familiar to me? Especially the one with the crane.

I think these two are from Willow Creek- I don't think there's going to be a new world included with Seasons.

The thing surprising (or unsurprising) is how much of this pack feels similar to TS3 and TS2- I wonder why they'd do a reprise of the florist career from TS2, rather than try something completely new.
Scholar
#6460 Old 24th May 2018 at 8:22 PM
It's funny you mention Spring having 0 special effects going for it. I've pretty much felt that way about Spring in every The Sims game with Seasons so far. The 'gimmick' of Spring has always been rain and thunderstorms, every single time.

IRL, Spring is more than rain and thunderstorms. A number of trees blossom before they grow leaves. EA has failed to implement that in the game every single time, yet they have twice (now with The Sims 4 Seasons trailer) teased at it by placing the eternally blossoming trees in Spring shots, meaning that they know that trees are supposed to blossom for Spring, but they never implement it. What in the world, EA!

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
Scholar
#6461 Old 24th May 2018 at 8:29 PM
Legit though, there's two trashcans and one mailbox exposed outside during winter in the entirety of the trailer. Neither has snow buildup on it. It actually seems like snow buildup might not exist and they've tactically hidden this from the trailer.

Someone just replied to your post on OF saying we should cut the devs some slack because there seemed to be alot of objects in the EP. I can't even with these people. It's getting hilariously tragic at this point.

Simblr
Top Secret Researcher
#6462 Old 24th May 2018 at 8:30 PM
I don't really see anything that's new. Granted, I'm not the most attentive person when it comes to those trailers.

However, if you watch the TS3 Seasons trailer right after it, a lot is missing. In terms of added content/gameplay, it looks roughly comparable to TS2 Seasons.

Unless rain actually waters the plants, meh.

People on Youtube are going Gaga for it, so yeah! for TS4 players!
Mad Poster
#6463 Old 24th May 2018 at 8:32 PM
@DeservedCriticism kinda wish the flower arranging would be developed the way you requested it to be implement (If I recall correctly, something regarding specific flowers giving the power through your sim to manipulate the relationship of others?), but I know that very unlikely to happen.

Also guys, somebody on the forum mentions that greenhouses are in included in this expansion pack. Is that true?

Scholar
#6464 Old 24th May 2018 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
@DeservedCriticism kinda wish the flower arranging would be developed the way you requested it to be implement (If I recall correctly, something regarding specific flowers giving the power through your sim to manipulate the relationship of others?), but I know that very unlikely to happen.

Also guys, somebody on the forum mentions that greenhouses are in included in this expansion pack. Is that true?

There seems to be some sort of glass roof tool included.

Simblr
Scholar
#6465 Old 24th May 2018 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
Someone just replied to your post on OF saying we should cut the devs some slack because there seemed to be alot of objects in the EP. I can't even with these people. It's getting hilariously tragic at this point.

And now we have the "Wait until the game comes out to judge it" response.

Quick, someone make a bingo board of the usual, trite responses!

Scholar
#6466 Old 24th May 2018 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
And now we have the "Wait until the game comes out to judge it" response.

Quick, someone make a bingo board of the usual, trite responses!

Yes I saw that, like omg.

Simblr
Forum Resident
#6468 Old 24th May 2018 at 8:41 PM
It's pretty. But it's seasons. Necessary, but bland.
Scholar
#6469 Old 24th May 2018 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Unsearchably
I wouldn't get too excited about the holiday aspect, EA will probably find a way to PC-fy the crap out of them.

...Like how?

It doesn't get much worse than The Sims 3 Seasons where they didn't even include Santa Clause in any way, shape or form. It looks like he is included in this game, although it could just be a costume and not an actual visitor.

Complaining about "PC" isn't going to go much further with me, by the way. I am a non-Christian who celebrates 'Christmas' as the Winter Solstice.

Like everything that I want about 'Christmas' is looking to be present in this game - lights on the houses, decorated trees, lit up garlands and wreaths (incidentally something that has been lacking from previous The Sims games), etc.,etc. I couldn't care less about it being "PC".

Scholar
#6470 Old 24th May 2018 at 8:53 PM
Also, just saw this on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/SimGuruKate/sta...732859031056384

Apparently, there will be no new world.
Colour me surprised. Not.

Twitter is going mental - most of the posts I'm reading are people praising the expansion, saying how amazing it looks, the weather effects are spectacular, it's all they ever wanted and so much more, blah blah blah.... I had to close down the page before I stabbed myself in the eye with a fork out of frustration.

...Titanium white...
Instructor
#6471 Old 24th May 2018 at 8:55 PM
Normally I wouldn't "name-and-shame" someone like this but I actually love that Stormsview guy in my recycling features thread. Point out any recycled content in a new pack and this dude spams that thread to shit with completely irrelevant content.

He could not be more blatant about trying to derail and distract that thread. Initially it's annoying as fuck, but now? Now it's just god damned hilarious. It's like a freaking circus. It's like he's advertising the mod bias and how he can be blatant as fuck about derailing a thread without shit being done about it. I'm actually laughing cause it's so predictable how he responds and just looks so ridiculous.
Field Researcher
#6472 Old 24th May 2018 at 9:22 PM

Some are. Like the picnic table. What I think is not covered in snow are outdoor stairs/railings and fences on porches, for example. I think...

Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Something to be concern about: weather having an emotional effect on your sims. Flirt atmosphere during spring (valentine?). Focused during Fall/Autumn? Energized in Summer? Something in Winter?

Sadness/bored perhaps for mimicking seasonal affective disorder ?

Quote: Originally posted by 310175
I don't really see anything that's new. Granted, I'm not the most attentive person when it comes to those trailers.

Is there anything NEW in this EP that wasn't in TS1, TS2, or TS3? IMHO I wish they just came up with something innovative. Just one thing.

Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
Twitter is going mental - most of the posts I'm reading are people praising the expansion, saying how amazing it looks, the weather effects are spectacular, it's all they ever wanted and so much more, blah blah blah.... I had to close down the page before I stabbed myself in the eye with a fork out of frustration.

I'm somewhat hyped but also relate to your feelings lol.
Mad Poster
#6473 Old 24th May 2018 at 9:26 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 24th May 2018 at 11:04 PM.
Normally I wouldn't "name-and-shame" someone like this but I actually love that Stormsview guy in my recycling features thread. Point out any recycled content in a new pack and this dude spams that thread to shit with completely irrelevant content.

And yet the mods love him like... *thinks of an analogy* someone's children than their own (you), that's being a little small devil that does mischievious things while the blame gets put on you when all you're doing is being smart and following the rules to not get yourself in trouble. I swear, I wasn't that far off when I said the admins there are corrupt. Otherwise, he should have gotten a ban or something.

Then again, the other reason could be is that he's derailing it by giving the pack I good name. Here-a-the-comments-of-genuine-simmers-that-give-kisses-to-this-ep. No surprise of course. Well, at least you get a joy from reading his post. Doesn't add any value to the main discussion, but indeed lol to read it.

ETA: Okay, now in his next comment he got back on topic and defends the practice of recyclement by making an argument that the cycle of life and death is nothing more than a recyclement (I do get what his saying, but.... wut?) and once again starts twisting your context into his own narrative that the issue of reusing animation assets and mechanics into different forms is equivalent to reusing conceptual ideas. By the looks of how he is engaging in the forus, I'm starting to wonder If he really meets the demography EA is trying to win over (8-12yr olds) or he has the mind of a such-year-old child.

Field Researcher
#6474 Old 24th May 2018 at 9:26 PM

He could not be more blatant about trying to derail and distract that thread. Initially it's annoying as fuck, but now? Now it's just god damned hilarious. It's like a freaking circus. It's like he's advertising the mod bias and how he can be blatant as fuck about derailing a thread without shit being done about it. I'm actually laughing cause it's so predictable how he responds and just looks so ridiculous.

That. And the fact, in all honesty, I was watching the trailer and though it all looks bedazzling (as always) it struck me I saw so much that seems to come straight from Sims 3. So if anything so far the trailer advertises a lot of redos.
Forum Resident
#6475 Old 24th May 2018 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
Also, just saw this on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/SimGuruKate/sta...732859031056384

Apparently, there will be no new world.
Colour me surprised. Not.

Well, I am surprised. Thought we would get a new world, but I guess they had other things to prioritize

Btw, he glass roof from the greenhouse will be part of a free update shortly before the Seasons release.
https://twitter.com/xXTerminathanXx...745111906050048
Locked thread
Page 259 of 447