Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#51 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
That was a ridiculously low level of detail for 2014 and it's even more pathetic now. No wonder I never noticed it :v

Indeed. TS2 had more graphical fidelity than TS4, for cryin' out loud.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 14th Apr 2018 at 7:01 PM
How a similar object looks in The Sims 2.

This is shot by the game camera and converted into PNG, as the forum does not accept the format BMP. This object, which showed @sleepyrose it is official from the developers?
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#53 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Liza
This object, which showed @sleepyrose it is official from the developers?

Oh yes. Embarrassing isn't it?

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Field Researcher
#54 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 7:07 PM Last edited by Liza : 15th Apr 2018 at 10:06 PM.
Then this is:

https://etgeekera.files.wordpress.c...epalm.jpg?w=750

I'm not struck by the fact that the texture of the tree is not like a tree, but the fact that the boards of which the table is made is one texture. Unlike TS2, where the boards are separate 3D objects, as I showed in the screenshot above.
Top Secret Researcher
#55 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 9:53 PM
Atrocious textures aside, although they were one of the many reasons I didn't get TS4.

My keyword for a new Sims game is CHOICE. Take that Sandbox feature to the next level!

Traits, the more the better, with distinct behavior and reactions to the environment that change depending on life stage. they also should influence each other. For example, a proper sim who is social will focus more on the social parts of being proper while a proper sim who isn't will focus more on being dressed properly and would not be caught sleeping without pajamas.

Aging/height a la Consort's aging/height mods or if that's too much, more life stages. 2 parts per stage. Which means, 2 elder stages, two children, two teen, maybe a third adult stage (20s young adult, 30-40s adult, 50s middle age).

Open World, the better your computer, the larger the world and/or the more can be simulated. Players should be able to scale that like they can with graphics detail. And if you really don't care, then turn the open world feature off and spend the time with a loading screen to get across the street if that rocks your boat. Or stay in one house because you're really just building today anyway.

Story Progression. Obviously, NRAAS has shown what is possible. What features can be implemented and tweaked. THIS is what Story Progression should do. With the option to turn it off completely if TS2 rotational style is how you want to play.
CAST and better sliders, obviously.
Rabbitholes. With Zerbu's mod, I can choose between letting sims disappear in their rabbithole and control some parts of their work day or I can make a workplace that lets me control what they do during their work day. So, this should be a choice as well. Same with restaurants and the like.
Multitasking, routing, and the usual suspects, better connection between expansions. Water should behave the same. Rain should water plants and have sims get wet on a bicycle, and maybe be dirty sometimes because there might be pollution.

And for Heaven's sake, 64bit!

Not that I think this will happen with EA or any time soon, but a girl can dream?
Test Subject
#56 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 10:35 PM
The only thing I really like about Sims 4 is that is runs well. Sims 2 ran ok until I ended up with 12GB of CC. I love Sims 3 but I can only play with lowest graphic settings and no more than two expansions. With Sims 4 I have all of the expansions and packs installed, 8GB of CC, and medium graphics and it still runs great.
Mad Poster
#57 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 11:13 PM
Have I mention very CUSTOMIZABLE story progression (with tick boxes preferably). From Marriage to children and adoption, from households moving across houses to transformation and occurrences of supernaturals.

Gradual growth and hair graying, like the mods that exist for TS3.

Speaking of hair, two categories for it: Natural and Dye. Latter will override the appearance, formal the genetics. You could have pink hair that passes down through generations (suits in a fictional storyline/universe) and brown here that stays on the mother/father or vice versa. Simple, right?

Island Paradise showed the possibility for houseboats, so why not take that step further... well smaller, but still further: functional Campervan/motorhome/recreational-vehicle.

Allowing sims to talk over across distances when they're in the same room. Actual multitasking: while a sim is opening a refrigerator or making food when he she talks with the sim on the couch while the one is watching the tv... and without stopping (looking at disproval at you >_> TS4 ).
Forum Resident
#58 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Liza
How a similar object looks in The Sims 2.

This is shot by the game camera and converted into PNG, as the forum does not accept the format BMP. This object, which showed @sleepyrose it is official from the developers?

Yes I just chose a random object with Sims4Studio and extracted the bump map and mesh. I think it's the outdoor table that comes with the base game.
What a huge difference compared to the TS2 table, isn't it? In TS2 the objects have so much more detail and the textures look realistic.
Theorist
#59 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 4:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Have I mention very CUSTOMIZABLE story progression (with tick boxes preferably). From Marriage to children and adoption, from households moving across houses to transformation and occurrences of supernaturals.

Gradual growth and hair graying, like the mods that exist for TS3.

Speaking of hair, two categories for it: Natural and Dye. Latter will override the appearance, formal the genetics. You could have pink hair that passes down through generations (suits in a fictional storyline/universe) and brown here that stays on the mother/father or vice versa. Simple, right?

Island Paradise showed the possibility for houseboats, so why not take that step further... well smaller, but still further: functional Campervan/motorhome/recreational-vehicle.

Allowing sims to talk over across distances when they're in the same room. Actual multitasking: while a sim is opening a refrigerator or making food when he she talks with the sim on the couch while the one is watching the tv... and without stopping (looking at disproval at you >_> TS4 ).

What I don't understand is if Twallan could manage his story progression mod on his own in his spare time, for free, while holding down a job... How the fuck is the entire team actually being payed to make the game as their career unable to even come close...
Field Researcher
#60 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 6:47 PM Last edited by thevogel : 17th Apr 2018 at 10:54 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
What I don't understand is if Twallan could manage his story progression mod on his own in his spare time, for free, while holding down a job... How the fuck is the entire team actually being payed to make the game as their career unable to even come close...

RIGHT!!??? Thank you for saying that.

These whiny little bitches that go on and on about how they can't do anything extra in this game because.... "it's too hard". And yet have time to make a stupid fucking talking toilet. They can't fix bugs, can't make lounge chairs (they make every other kind of chair) and can't design any programing or modifications to the game they created... that would give a simmer an immersive gameplay experience with workable content. So they are basically getting paid to do the bare minimum, and players are paying out the nose for it.

I bet Twallan could create an entire sims game that is 10 times better than TS4.
Forum Resident
#61 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 9:46 AM
I would request that sims 5 make virtual items such as a single hamster less expensive than purchasing an actual living hamster. I know.. I know.. wishful thinking. Ah well.. we can dream.

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#63 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 10:33 AM
I think this thread can be closed now. Doesn't look like there's gonna be a Sims 5 going by latest news.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#65 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Doesn't look like there's gonna be a Sims 5 going by latest news.

Pretty much the Sims 4 would be the last of the franchises from the looks of it.

Comments on reddit from a former SimGuru
https://www.reddit.com/user/fashionpolice2001/comments/
Top Secret Researcher
#66 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 6:52 PM
With a whimper, not a bang.
Page 3 of 3