Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th May 2013 at 9:42 PM
Default .animation add on problem?
I installed Blender 2.66 first because that was the newer version but it was reading the io_sp3y_animation.zip as a milkshape plugin or whatever. I went and installed an earlier version--2.57b which I believe was the Blender version I had a while ago. I installed the file as it is installed but the option is grayed out on blender! I followed the tutorial that was moved to wordpress. I believe it's by orangemittens but I'm not sure?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 3rd May 2016 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Felquish
I installed Blender 2.66 first because that was the newer version but it was reading the io_sp3y_animation.zip as a milkshape plugin or whatever. I went and installed an earlier version--2.57b which I believe was the Blender version I had a while ago. I installed the file as it is installed but the option is grayed out on blender! I followed the tutorial that was moved to wordpress. I believe it's by orangemittens but I'm not sure?

yes the io_sp3y_animation.zip is so the game will recognize the format for the animation. Don't unpack manually. Go under your Blender preferences, Add on, and scroll down and see if the file is selected if not present. Type it in the box hit the add from file then select the zip file. save and close then blender will be able to import and export .animation files for TS3. Good Luck.
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#3 Old 3rd May 2016 at 2:42 PM
The original post is from 2013 and the OP hasn't been active in six months; they're probably not too worried about it anymore. Don't bump ancient threads, please. Topic locked.

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: Necro from 2013.