Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 3:37 PM
Default Teen sim rigs for Blender?
Why arent there rigs for teen sims for Blender available anywhere? They have slightly different height and proportions compared to YA/A sims so that creates problems when one makes poses in Blender and have to use the Adult rigs, especially multi-sim poses. For individual poses it's usually fine just to use the Adult rigs, so maybe it "wasn't worth to bother" to extract the teen rigs from the game? I can make poses but have no idea how to get the rigs out from the game, so maybe someone who knows how to do it could look and maybe make teen rigs for Blender?
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#2 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cororon
Why arent there rigs for teen sims for Blender available anywhere? They have slightly different height and proportions compared to YA/A sims so that creates problems when one makes poses in Blender and have to use the Adult rigs, especially multi-sim poses. For individual poses it's usually fine just to use the Adult rigs, so maybe it "wasn't worth to bother" to extract the teen rigs from the game? I can make poses but have no idea how to get the rigs out from the game, so maybe someone who knows how to do it could look and maybe make teen rigs for Blender?

You can resize the adult rigs down, I'm not sure how much, but the poses will work like that. There are no actual teen rigs in the game, since EA's animations have a sort of special IK bones that makes it so teens can use adult's animations without stretching or being out of place. The only animations that are for teens is ones that adults can't do, like with Generations, teens can pull pranks, but adults can't so they have their own animations. That's also why if you look in the fullbuild.package file you won't see any t_ animations except for the ones who they can only do.

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 9:14 PM
Aw, too bad. Thanks for explaining. I have seen tips on how to resize the rigs in Blender, but hoped that there were real teen rigs to find somewhere.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#4 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cororon
Aw, too bad. Thanks for explaining. I have seen tips on how to resize the rigs in Blender, but hoped that there were real teen rigs to find somewhere.

There may be, however, a teen body and face in the fullbuild.package file. But no teen rig as far as I know.

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 12:56 AM
Do you need these rigs http://modthesims.info/t/411795