Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 1:48 PM
Default Social/Fun
Ok, so I know this whole project is supposed to be fun, but it seems very... formal...
so I figured I'd make a new thread to we could just chat, I'm old fashioned like that!
So who are you guys? :D

I'm the sexy guy with half an orange in my face ;)
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 4:04 PM
Oh, this might save me a whole lot of yapping in the official threads, as I tend to get carried away sometimes.

Who am I? Well, that's a good question!
You can cal me Sleepy, you can call me Rose, but you can also call me Mel, or Melanie.
My first name is Melanie and my gran's name was Roos (which is Dutch for Rose). My parents named me after her and because SleepyMel didn't sound all that good, I choose SleepyRose. The sleepy part is because I'm an insomniac, but when I sleep, nothing wakes me up, lol.

So, I live in Holland and I'm 35 years old. I don't have any children, but do have 2 very sweet cats, Oscar and Nicky. Oscar's named after my favorite writer, Oscar Wilde and Nicky is just a cute name. When they want attention, they often sabotage my writing, by sitting on the keyboard.
Before I fell ill, I used to work as a social worker, which was a wonderful job, but also sad sometimes.
I have many interests, music, reading, movies, art, going on vacation with friends, and of course the sims. (surprise!)
Oh and I also love chocolate and ice cream very much, lol!

Now I'd really like to know who you are!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 4:15 PM
well, I'm Craig and I'm 20. I'm from Norfolk in England, and I live in a tiny village, when I'm not at uni studying Architectural Technology. Which is the hardest but most fun thing I've ever done!! Right now I'm on my summer holidays, which is why I've suddenly appeared on MTS. I build stuff all the time, I just never had the time or patience to actually upload them or do anything like this :D

I go to the gym, swim, read, watch a LOT of films, and simming! Much to my parent's disgust haha
I tell them it's part of my course at uni :P

Lab Assistant
#4 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 5:24 PM
Hi there,

Great idea introducing the CAW cast. Nice meeting you all. My name is Nick, (almost like Rose’s cat name, lol). I’m 29 years old, almost married, Dutch from origin and I live in Madrid, Spain.

I work in finance and in my free hours I spend time Photoshopping, reading, searching on wiki/google, having a walk through the park/city, travelling once in a while, going to the cinema and of course playing the Sims 3,….. just ordinary.

So now you know something about me 
Wiki Wizard
#5 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 5:54 PM
Why hello everyone! :P

Well my name is Hamilton (yes that's my first name not my second! ) I'm currently at school and i'm 17, i have one more year before i head off to uni! (woo) I live at home in Oxfordshire in England, and i plan to study English at uni!

Personality wise i am a bit crazy (well a say a bit, LOL! Biggest understatement of the century ) I think i'm quite fun and i'm always happy (never a dull moment in my life ), i love playing badminton and tennis, i like swimming too! I also love watching films, whether at home or the cinema, i just love films! I enjoy going out with friends, and also sims, ooh and i like reading too.

And finally, as if i haven't bored you all to death already, my parents (like craggles) deeply frown upon my obsession with sims, so i just say i'm 'working' Oooh on the topic of working i also have a part time job as a cashier and shelf stacker!

Soooo that's about my life story!

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 6:55 PM
It's great to know more about you all!

Craig, Architectual technology might come in very handy when building for the sims. And it seems that the sims also come in handy as make-believe study work, lol. "Trust me mom and dad, it's not a game, it's an architectual program"

Nick, you're from Dutch origin? Did you move to Spain a long time ago? I've always wanted to visit Madrid, but haven't had the chance yet. I'd love to see the Escorial. Congratulations on almost being married! When is the date, if I may ask?

DD, I had no idea that your name was Hamilton. That's a beautiful name, btw! I'm so happy to hear that you're always happy, lol! Where are you planning to study English? At Oxford?
Scholar
#7 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 7:21 PM
Great idea, (: i will write mine soon, haha. just busy at the moment!

Call me Tyu. (:
Wiki Wizard
#8 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 9:09 PM
Oh i WISH i was bright enough to study at Oxford, that would be a dream, but alas no! I will probably go somewhere like durham, bristol, that sort of place

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 9:21 PM
dude you should apply to nottingham trent! its where i study and it's AMAZING!! haha and with the creativity you have you should do interior architecture or something =]

Wiki Wizard
#10 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 9:37 PM
I know i always wanted to be an architect, but then i moved away from it when i got a bit older, it is something i really enjoy but i dunno, i don't think that there is enough money in it for me personally (LOL how rich do i wanna become? Answer: very ) But lol i can come keep you company at nottingham! :D

Forum Resident
#11 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 9:42 PM
Lol! How rich can you get from studying English?
Wiki Wizard
#12 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 9:45 PM
Haha, when i graduate i want to go into business, it doesn't matter if i do economics, maths, or english, i could go into business with any of them And i like english the most, hopefully one day i will be a CEO of a large company that's the BIG picture!

Forum Resident
#13 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 10:27 PM
Wow, I didn't know you could go into business with english! But yeah, that's definitely the best of those 3.
Sooo, I'm guessing your LTW is: Living in the lap of luxury, lol! :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 10:37 PM
hahahaha u guys make me laugh!! LOL as if architecture isnt gonna make you rich enough?! I plan on owning my own firm somewhere warm and not England haha :P

Forum Resident
#15 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 10:55 PM
That's the spirit, Craig! Where do you want to move? Dubai? If you score an architectual job there, you're probably settled for life.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 11:02 PM
hahaha thatd be great. but i cant smoke, i cant drink, and id get in prison for being gay, so its prob best to stay out of dubai... lol i dunno, spain, america, australia. just not england =]

Forum Resident
#17 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 11:08 PM
Yes, that makes no sense, especially because you are allowed to wear a dress :P
On a more serious note: what do you want to build after you graduate?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 11:11 PM
basically the sort of stuff im doing now, houses. either quite grand or weird and quirky. though I like all the eco building materials that we have available now, hay bales... weird lime plaster, all kinds of things!! haha i'm easily pleased.

Scholar
#19 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 11:24 PM
Hello everyone! I am Toyou1214, tyu, But my name is Connor, And i live in a suburb just north of the Minneapolis/ St.Paul area.

I got into sims about a year and a half before the sims 3 came out, and i was never really satisfied with the sims 2 because of that! haha. But i dont really spend that much time on the sims, or the internet for that matter, (until this project picked up speed, i need to be on here all the time to keep up with everything. (: ) Because i am to busy being a teenager. Im 15, and i will be a sophomore this year in high school. Im noticing i am much younger then most of the main creators, so i have had to work even more hard to create homes and buildings that would live up to those standards, When i grow up (haha love saying that!) i want to be an architect. I love to build the mcmansions that everyone here loves to hate, but are actually jealous they cant live in. And i want to own my own architecture firm. (im with you DD, no such thing as too much money) My dream is to have a company that sells the customer everything they need for a home or remodel, the lights, the paint, the siding, the granite etc. so that i make the profit! Bwahaha. I play in all types of sports, but i am more of a "stand out" in swimming, that is my main sport. I enjoy just being a teen, and being around my friends and/or family.

For character traits, im outgoing, athletic, exciting, perfectionist, compassionate, and good listener. -So i've been told.

And if you are still reading this...(yea i can ramble on for a longgggg time.) My parents also frown upon me being online very often, because they see the sims as a waste of time, and i see it as a way to prepare for a future in architecture. -a very simplified version of course.

Well thats me....in like a paragraph or so, any questios? (:

Its really great to meet you all, i really like how we are all completely different in ages, where we live, what we do, and stuff like that, but we can all get together here and create something spectacular, it still blows me away.

Call me Tyu. (:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 11:30 PM
WHAT?! please excuse the following language: the houses you build are fucking AMAZING for your age!! i was expecting you to be like 'yeah i'm 27 and im a designer' ahahah well done you!

Scholar
#21 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 11:34 PM
haha, no i am 15, and thanks. (: i guess the perfectionist in me is useful! hah, my mom is a home designer, more the decorating but she has done entire homes before, so i have learned a lot about that from being around her, we work really well together.

Haha, that will hopefully be me in 12 years? as long as the housing industry and the economy pick up, i certainly would not go to college for architecture now... which makes me sad. because its def. my passion.

Call me Tyu. (:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 11:42 PM
haha im here now, and by the time i finish it will've (hopefully) got better and I'll have a well paid job lol

Scholar
#23 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 11:45 PM
hopefully, is it bad in england? Because the housing industry here sucks at the moment, thankfully my family has not been affected by the recession. (:

Call me Tyu. (:
Forum Resident
#24 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 11:47 PM
Wow! I'm soooooo amazed too! You've got so much talent!!! You'll probably end up as a kick-ass mcmansion builder!

And all of the sudden I feel very old, Lol! But even though I don't live with my parents, they too frown upon me being online so much. But that's mainly because they can't understand where online is. :D

What interesting thing are in Minniapolis/St.Paul? I know you've got that arch, which is pretty cool. Do you have more stuff like that?

Craggles, I love your new avatar. You look so pretty in pink!
Wiki Wizard
#25 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 11:47 PM
is your course something ridiculous like 7 years?

Page 1 of 11