Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 2:32 AM
Default Adopting a toddler from a previous household?
[Sorry if this has already been asked somewhere, but I've searched everywhere and couldn't find the answer!]

I've been playing with one household consisting of several adults and a toddler, up until recently when all of my adult Sims mysteriously and tragically died (okay, maybe I killed them on purpose >.>). Anyway, after my adults died, my toddler went off to social services -- but I was hoping to be able to adopt her into another family, and now when I try the "adopt child" option in my new family, she's not showing up as adoptable. Is it possible to somehow get her into the adoption pool?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 2:43 AM
As far as I know, adopting a child who was taken from a playable family has only ever been a function of The Sims 2.
Someone else might know of a mod/cheat that fixes this, but otherwise, it was only in previous games that this was possible.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 2:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gremily_
As far as I know, adopting a child who was taken from a playable family has only ever been a function of The Sims 2.
Someone else might know of a mod/cheat that fixes this, but otherwise, it was only in previous games that this was possible.

Ack, that's aggravating. It's a good thing I saved beforehand!
Inventor
#4 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 6:30 PM
I think this option is included in MCCC. At least kinda. After the death of all adults, toddler wont be taken by social services, instead, will be adopted by other household.
Instructor
#5 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 2:47 AM
So do you have to turn that option on or pre-set which house they'll go to? Interesting. Never noticed that option! Which menu is it under?
Inventor
#6 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 8:17 AM
MCCC Settings > Gameplay Settings > Adopt Neglected Child