Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#1676 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 11:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by invisiblgirl
(Quote snipped for brevity) - I love the cat standing right in the middle of the dish. That's certainly realistic

this is my friends bengal (and a meme I made about him)

(Diego)

I'd say it's fairly realistic. Bengals are crazy cats.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#1677 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 2:32 AM Last edited by Rarr : 5th Jan 2018 at 2:44 AM.
I figured out how to access my screenshots! They're so nice in this game, TS2 always required an external capture! I love reading the posts here, so I thought I would give another update.

My sim Kit Taylor started dating a guy Omari Dunn from the first neighborhood, where he's a librarian. She went on a few dates with another guy, who was both a slob and a bro, while Omari is a bookworm and neat.

After a few days of dating, I had her propose, and since she doesn't know a lot of people I had them elope at the Oasis park.

At the end of my time playing with them, Kit gave birth to a baby boy Noah Taylor! I'm planning on decorating the nursery next time.
Scholar
#1678 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 3:57 AM
Okay! So

I guess the rags-to-riches challenge is also over because Ewan and Jade_2 were able to afford teh family sized house boat, unfurnished. I furnished it myself with bare minimum and will upgrade as they get more $. The boat itself looks great except for the fact that the games shadows show through the boat. ><

These effin' kids are getting out of control. When my sim opens his store, the sims generate here, including child customers.

Another one! Seriously.
Mad Poster
#1679 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 1:22 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 5th Jan 2018 at 8:44 PM.
This is embarrassing...Bill initiated WooHoo with my simself. Ended up very uncomfortable.

You think that the programming could be made to recognize better health. Then again, I didn't make him very physically active.

I underestimated that EA doesn't accurately portray individual behaviors for any kind of Sims, and it's somewhat insulting to realize that certain traits are still cookie cutter in execution. My grandfather is almost 90 and he's very active and has a sound mind and body. So, when a man of about 60 is unable to WooHoo without a death threat in the moodlet description, that's not right. (This is coming from experience of playing all 4 versions of The Sims over the years.)

Either way, I snapped a few screenshots of Bill and my simself giving the overly dramatic Passionate Kiss to each other. I'm going to upload to photobucket later after dinner.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Forum Resident
#1680 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
Okay! So

I guess the rags-to-riches challenge is also over because Ewan and Jade_2 were able to afford teh family sized house boat, unfurnished. I furnished it myself with bare minimum and will upgrade as they get more $. The boat itself looks great except for the fact that the games shadows show through the boat. ><

I love the house boat!! I may have missed this, but what world do your sims live in?
Scholar
#1681 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rarr
I love the house boat!! I may have missed this, but what world do your sims live in?

They live in Brindleton bay (Cats and Dogs) to the left of the pier. The house boat is found here http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=604933 I basically furnished it myself though, because they could only technically afford it unfurnished.
Mad Poster
#1682 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 12:02 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 7th Jan 2018 at 9:52 PM.

This is the screenshot I took.

It was weird that Dana Carvey was cheering Bill Nye on.

My room is normally cutesy.

I was supposed to upload last night, was very tired from my long day.

Edit: FINALLY FIXED! (I have likened the process to pulling teeth. I figured out imgur photo hosting and have a few shots on there now.)

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Scholar
#1683 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 8:12 AM
Heyyy Pandaqueen you should try photo hosting at Imgur, because your photo bucket isn't letting you hotlink. I did get to see your pick before it turned into a upgrade warning though...thanks for sharing!

Anyway.

Ewan finally feels like he's in a good place in his life. He's living in a beautiful dream house boat. He's got the wife of his dreams.,..and although he still struggles with the gloominess that made him lose his job and become homeless in the first place...

He finally feels like he has things to look forward to that make life worth fighting for.

Ewan and Jade_2 are expecting their first child together. I already know its a boy. Excited to see who the baby will look like, because in my alternate reality save, when Jade had six kids with Henry, they all got their dads eyes.
Mad Poster
#1684 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 7:48 AM
Well, I moved Neil DeGrasse Tyson and Michio Kaku into the house my simself and Bill Nye have. So far, Neil made friends with Gingko Kingyo, the Japanese Bobtail cat who ended up staying after Dana Carvey left. She sometimes begs for cheeseburgers in the nearby park.

Also, somehow...My simself and Bill are now soulmates. Weird...they meshed where the odds said they'd grind. Then again, this is not a perfect simulation so I forget about those margins of error.

Lab Assistant
#1685 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 11:54 AM
My senior Sim, Alex, had long ago achieved her writer aspiration and was stuck in the Renaissance Sim aspiration because I didn't want her to change careers. Happily, I discovered the Grilled Cheese aspiration (unlocked when your Sim eats three grilled cheese sandwiches in a row), and she now has something to work toward in her salad days. Meanwhile, her daughter is trying to collect frogs (not my choice of collectable, but it seems to be the only thing she ever finds). I can't imagine that Alex is thrilled about all the damn frogs in the house.
Scholar
#1686 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 4:08 PM
Ewan and Jade_2 became proud parents to Dylan (who is now a toddler)

Then I finally found a hairstyle that suited Ewan without being conservative

*whimpers* (Hairstyle is by Kiara Zurk. She has some of the best hairstyles but watch out, pop ups and adfly.)

Jade reveals they are expecting after trying for baby. They would like to add a little girl to their family. (They are having a girl)

This save is my alternate reality save, its an old save of my current save (over a year and a half old) so many of the townies that survived culling are in their original state here, the premades are all in their original state, and my self sim and her husband are literally in their original state, except I decided to change the arrival of their children from much later to much earlier. It's like getting to start all over again but because you wanted to, not because your damn game borked.
Mad Poster
#1687 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 9:43 PM
My simself missed the Romance festival with Bill Nye, because she spent 12 hours, overnight waiting to be seen at the Vet Clinic to spay Gingko Kingyo. In fact, people behind her were being seen before here and somehow, a vampire creeped his way around the hallway in the exam areas. So, my simself is upset she had to cancel her date to sterilize a cat and it's 7:30 the next morning and still no service.

Field Researcher
#1688 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 10:31 PM
I adore Wallace. He's adorable and he sleeps near the baby (now toddler)'s bed and likes to be around everyone.
He aged up into a senior, so I aged him back down with a treat because I'm not ready to accept that he'll be gone soon.

Scholar
#1689 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 2:13 AM
WALLACE IS SO CUTE!

Speaking of cute, I love this picture of Ewan holding his new baby girl Kaylyn. He just adores her.

If you're in the least bit curious as to why the background in the first pic is red, I'll tell you. It's because they live in a houseboat, and the shell of the boat fits over the house. So that means there is some clipping into the walls. In their bedroom, the hull of the boat rests. But oddly, you cannot see it in live mode or build mode, only in camera mode (Jade taking pictures of him holding the baby) does it ever show up!) Its strange and I cannot explain why its only in that mode. Oh well, when I hang the baby photos on the wall I pretend that the red is a lovely backdrop that Jade hung up. I can try..
Lab Assistant
#1690 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 2:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Natashenka
I adore Wallace. He's adorable and he sleeps near the baby (now toddler)'s bed and likes to be around everyone.
He aged up into a senior, so I aged him back down with a treat because I'm not ready to accept that he'll be gone soon.

BTW the last pictures death stare
Field Researcher
#1691 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CallistaTheSim
BTW the last pictures death stare

His face is the best part of my game.

Mad Poster
#1692 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 12:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Natashenka

His face is the best part of my game.

What breed is Wallace? He looks like a Himalayan, which is just a color point Persian but they're fricking awesome. My simself's cat I received from Dana Carvey, Gingko Kingyo is a female Japanese Bobtail with odd eyes in blue and yellow, representing silver and gold and has calico marking. She loves attention and sings requests.

Lab Assistant
#1693 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 11:58 AM
Taylor is down to two missing frogs - supposedly, there should be a one-in-four chance of breeding the missing frogs, but she's only getting bullseye frogs. Meanwhile, Alex has randomly stopped two strangers to discuss grilled cheese and achieved the first step of her Grilled Cheese Aspiration. She needs to eat five more grilled cheese sands to get the second step. Meanwhile, she's still trying to get promoted to 'fan favourite'. Last night, the computer broke while she was doing her 'homework' and despite the neatness trait, she didn't complain a bit. I suspect her ambition may be lacking.
Field Researcher
#1694 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
What breed is Wallace? He looks like a Himalayan, which is just a color point Persian but they're fricking awesome. My simself's cat I received from Dana Carvey, Gingko Kingyo is a female Japanese Bobtail with odd eyes in blue and yellow, representing silver and gold and has calico marking. She loves attention and sings requests.

He is a Himalayan <3
Scholar
#1695 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 2:23 AM
OKAY! So I mentioned earlier that I'm playing an old save which is actually pretty much a year and a half old, the exact age of my current game. I consider it an alternate reality.

My self sim and her husband are there, still young adults, still only half way through their careers. Originally I didn't let them have kids until they topped their career. In this alternate reality I let them have a unplanned (50% risky woohoo lol) pregnancy which resulted in a daughter named Iona. I'm giving the kids the same names as their alternate reality counterparts, but the thing is, they're not the same children at all because the timing of the births is different.

This is us

Baby coming!

This Colin got really fat (100%) when I wasn't playing him, where as alternate reality Colin was never fat. Although his fatness wasn't a problem for me, I did have him and myself sim work out together.

She's a beautiful toddler. She looks like my self sim, but with her daddy's nose. Oh and they're already expecting #2, a son who will be named Diarmuid. Is it crazy I can't wait to see what he looks like?!

We also have this cat. IN the alternate reality we never had pets until recently because clearly a year and a half ago, Cats and Dogs didn't exist.

"My what big ears you have"

The pure white cat is named Lacey and she was created in memory of my cat Lacey that died of skin cancer in 2003.
Mad Poster
#1696 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 9:28 PM
When I was last at the computer, my simself decided it wasn't worth waiting all night to get Gingko Kingyo spayed. So we left the clinic, which is next door to my simself's house.

So far, Michio and Neil are fine with the current living arrangement, but Newcrest is barely filled in the neighborhood. I have decided to have them move to an empty lot next to the MythBusters. After all, they're Science Channel regulars in running shows and reruns of their old work.

Besides, I plan to turn my simself into a crazy cat lady who has a nerdy boyfriend that plays weird sports and is extremely smart and at the very least handsome in her eyes.

Scholar
#1697 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 2:40 AM
Our son Diarmuid (Deer-mid) grew up to toddler so now we have two toddlers :'( he looks like me, except he has his daddy's nose, so actually he is the exact same as his sister, only a boy. He also looks very similar to his alternate reality counterpart (same name), except their noses are different.

Breakfast with daddy on the couch is fun times!

Daddy teaches his little bumble bee to dance

and because we just can't stop ourselves

One more!! (its a boy) And yes we have the same hairstyle from cats and dogs, except his is Custom content with less poof. I'm so lame.
Lab Assistant
#1698 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 11:54 AM
So, I decided to raise twin toddlers, and I have no idea how some of you do the triplets and quads and septs, because just two are enough to keep my single mom busy. It'll help now that both can use the potty by themselves, and the spinach plant has started to produce. (I've started growing a couple of veggies and fruits in every game for a quick hunger fix. The toddler needs to pee, and the mother wants to put the kid in the high chair - which she will do even though autonomy is turned off.)

However, it's very cute to see the toddlers interacting with one another, which, IIRC, they couldn't do very much in Sims 3. Get the two babling and hugging each other, and it takes care of their attention need without involving mom at all.
Top Secret Researcher
#1699 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 12:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by invisiblgirl
So, I decided to raise twin toddlers, and I have no idea how some of you do the triplets and quads and septs, because just two are enough to keep my single mom busy. It'll help now that both can use the potty by themselves, and the spinach plant has started to produce. (I've started growing a couple of veggies and fruits in every game for a quick hunger fix. The toddler needs to pee, and the mother wants to put the kid in the high chair - which she will do even though autonomy is turned off.)

However, it's very cute to see the toddlers interacting with one another, which, IIRC, they couldn't do very much in Sims 3. Get the two babling and hugging each other, and it takes care of their attention need without involving mom at all.

Awe I didn't know that. Time to break out the twins! (because yeah, toddlers are haaaard)

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Scholar
#1700 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 7:07 PM
Okay so I LEFT off playing the 'alternate reality' and went back to playing the REAL reality.... does that confuse? This is the reality where my self sim and her husband waited much longer to have kids (top of careers, almost adults) and then when they did they like had 6 and he had 2 by abduction. Anyway! Same family, different kids, different dimension? Whatever....

So first of all I played my young adult son, Cillian (Killian) and wife Veronica and their two sons. They're twins toddlers and its close to their birthday! Here is Cillian with his big brother Padraig (Paw-drig). Cillian lives on the big lot Hounds Head in Brindleton bay.

Then I jumped over to my family. That's my self sim's Husband Colin (#1) and their LAST *hopefully* child, Kerry. (Kerry is a boy but its the Irish spelling)

There is me with my real life cat, Kes.

and I grew my hair out a bit:

With Charlie. Charlie is friskie and mischievous just like real life and just like real life, I did not plan this, Kes and Charlie in game, hate each other. I try to make them talk it out but Charlie just hisses at her. Apparently some pets can never be friends in the game?
Page 68 of 104