Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Daily Save Mod

by temptest Posted 1st Oct 2014 at 3:46 AM - Updated 1st Oct 2014 at 3:48 AM by temptest : Hashtag update

59 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts, 30 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
#26 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 7:10 PM
Thank you!! Love this.
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 6:47 PM
For some reason this mod was working for me and now it's not. I didn't do anything different, but it's no longer saving every Sim day. It still says it's enabled, so I'm not sure why it's not saving anymore. I did an uninstall, clear cache, reinstall of the mod and it still isn't working. It saved once even though it's set to save 7 slots at 5 am. I tried disabling it and enabling it, still nothing. Is there a way to fix this?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 3:30 PM
thanks ,finally
THANKS POST
#29 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 5:56 PM
I was looking for some type of autosave! thank you so much!
Test Subject
#30 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 11:34 PM
So question, where does the data save then.. say if my game crashed where do i go to upload my data saved by this mod?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 3:34 AM
Well Done! I was expecting for this
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 5:49 AM
Love this mod, but is there a way to make it save multiple times in a day? I want it to autosave at least every 12 hours.
Test Subject
#33 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 10:31 AM Last edited by Pixy Polly : 28th Oct 2014 at 2:28 PM.
Hi! Thanks for a great mod.
Question, though. Do I need to enter the command every time I start the game? Because I got the mod to work but, after a crash, I found that there is no auto save of my last 5 hours play. I don't remember exiting and starting game but I suspect it might be the case.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 11:43 PM
This seems like a great mod, however, it does not work. I followed the directions in both your .txt file and in this post very carefully. My game crashed and there were no files whatsoever! When my game crashed, it had just hit 6 am in sim-time, so by all accounts, the mod should have saved and I should have had a slot to load into. I'm going to try this again, but if you think that there was something I might have done wrong, I would love to know.
Test Subject
#35 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 5:41 AM
I'm not sure why but this mod wasn't working for me. It only saved once (file name: Slot_00010000) and then it stopped saving. I tried deleting the mod and re-installing it in the mod folder but it still doesn't work.
Test Subject
#36 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 10:59 PM Last edited by talene : 10th Nov 2014 at 2:00 AM.
This mod never worked reliably for me (it would sometimes work and sometimes not, but I couldn't tell why or what changed), but now it isn't working at all. Typing daily_save in the ctrl-shift-c command line doesn't even do anything now. Maybe due to an update? In any case, I really would like something like this and I wish this thing would work!

Edit: the settings had reset to default and the game wasn't loading script mods. BUT, the other parts of the post are true. This mod kind of works, sometimes.
Test Subject
#37 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 1:37 AM
Sorry, mod not working here, lost about 4 hours of gameplay...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 1:42 PM
I lost 3 hours of progress because of Windows Update. I was so mad. I disabled automatic updates for Windows, but this will still come in handy for sure.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 3:08 AM
The mod did not work for me at first, but there are a few things I did to get it working and you should as well :
1. When you download the file, Right Click -> Properties -> Unblock before putting it in the Mods folder.
2. After unblocking, putting it in the mods folder, and enabling Script Mods, go ingame and open the console (CNTRL + SHIFT + C) and type "daily_save 7 5".
3. Restart Sims.
If it still does not work, you may have to run Sims as Admin (But unblocking it fixed it for me).
Ensure you have the Script Mod enabled. If you forgot to click Apply, its still disabled!
Test Subject
#40 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pixy Polly
Hi! Thanks for a great mod.
Question, though. Do I need to enter the command every time I start the game? Because I got the mod to work but, after a crash, I found that there is no auto save of my last 5 hours play. I don't remember exiting and starting game but I suspect it might be the case.

You actually don't need to enter it at all. It should work, if not see my post above.
Test Subject
#41 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 3:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Smiles391
So question, where does the data save then.. say if my game crashed where do i go to upload my data saved by this mod?

It should be just like a save in-game, so click Load Game. Its in your Documents, EA Games, Sims 4, Saves folder.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 28th Dec 2014 at 1:43 PM
Thank you so much!! It crashes all the time aaaaaargh!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 4:01 PM
Thank you so very much for this autosave, I really needed it :3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 8:25 PM
This is reall cool and so freaking handy! Thnx alot!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 7:37 PM
Awesome. Now i can play the game without worrying about saving all the time
Test Subject
#46 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 10:53 PM Last edited by Agnijara : 16th Jan 2015 at 11:12 PM.
Mod works nice, but after it makes a save, and I use "Save as" option to make another slot or rewrite the old one, the game freezes. The game doesn't make my save file, it is not in list, when I load from the menu.
But the mod's save file exists and loadable.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 8:42 PM
Very useful for me because I always forget to save!!! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 12:43 PM
lost 4 days play useing this mod it doesn't let the normal auto saves happen and defult settings not working. also tried to change settings nada. it needs to be updated
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 13th Mar 2015 at 12:51 AM
I guess the latest patches ruined the mod and the creator hasn't been active since Oct.12 2014. Toss the mod in my opinion.

Love dosen't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwile. - Franklin. P. Jones
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 13th Mar 2015 at 2:43 AM
yep I did
Page 2 of 3