Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 5:14 PM
They are high enough in the air that it is easy for me to manage it out of any picture if I want to. So i have no real reason to get rid of them. That is pretty much my opinion about plumbobs.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 6:28 PM
If I have more than one Sim in the household and I want to take a pic, I'll switch to the other Sim and take a pic.

I need the plumbbobs.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#28 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 10:03 PM
I don't really play all that often - but I do "play" to take pics with Sims in them. When I do that I usually use the cheats to remove the plumbbobs and headlines because I don't want them in the screenshots. Going into build mode would get rid of them but sometimes it's easier to stay in live mode instead of switching back and forth. So.. away they go!

I do use a mod that makes the plumbbobs smaller and prettier. Can't remember who's it is though.
Instructor
#29 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
I don't really play all that often - but I do "play" to take pics with Sims in them. When I do that I usually use the cheats to remove the plumbbobs and headlines because I don't want them in the screenshots. Going into build mode would get rid of them but sometimes it's easier to stay in live mode instead of switching back and forth. So.. away they go!

I do use a mod that makes the plumbbobs smaller and prettier. Can't remember who's it is though.

One of these two, maybe? Those ones are what I found when searching for "plumbob" here. Honestly, I'm so used to sims with the standard plumbbob over their heads, it feels weird when it's not there. If I want to take a screenshot, I use the "plumbbob toggle" cheat to make it dissapear, and I use it to make it reappear when I end the photo taking.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 10:23 PM
Not a plumbbob fan, mostly because they don't look good in pictures. They don't bother me in regular gameplay, but I tend to use "Plumbbobtoggle off" a lot, whenever I do pics or just find them annoying. I usually leave it off the rest of the play session.
Scholar
#31 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 10:44 PM
I like to have plumbbobs on all the time, including in photos. As far as I'm concerned, it's part of what makes Sims Sims, rather than poor copies of humans. They don't wear their hearts on their sleeves, they wear them two feet above their heads. I've even downloaded a graphically-upgraded one, because I consider them that important to my concept of a Sim. (It also explains why my recent dream about a Sim losing their plumbbob and needing help finding it unnerved me a little).
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#32 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 10:52 PM Last edited by Simonut : 21st Mar 2017 at 11:23 PM.
@velvetina thanks for the smaller Plumbobs link the creator Joninmobile also known as The Ninth Wave mods are usually good.
Do any members use the smaller size Plumbobs ? I don't know why I have Plumbobs on my human brains these few days, do you think from years of playing the Sims so much, that I also have a Plumbob above my head ?

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Theorist
#33 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 11:17 PM
Last year, I modded out the sim plumbbob and the one that is over a home lot too. Prior to modding it out, I always used the plumbbobtoggle off game cheat (which was added to my user startup list) to remove the sim plumbbob during gameplay anyhow. So, it was not a big change to simply rid myself of it altogether. Removing the home lot one was just a bonus.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Field Researcher
#34 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 12:29 AM
I switch the plumbbobs off, but I don't use Ja's mod -- I turn them off with the cheat (well, "bob" is the alias I use for it). As I understand it, Ja's mod also hides plumbbobs in the neighbourhood view, and I have trouble enough finding my households without that extra complication!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#35 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 1:35 AM
That's why I switched to her mod, I got tired putting in a cheat all the time I loaded a lot. I use community lots a lot and that would always reset it. Sometimes though I wish I had a button to show them in hood view.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#36 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 1:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
That's why I switched to her mod, I got tired putting in a cheat all the time I loaded a lot. I use community lots a lot and that would always reset it. Sometimes though I wish I had a button to show them in hood view.

I admit neighborhood Plumbobs are useful to know who lives where.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Scholar
#37 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 3:23 AM
Eh, doesn't matter to me. Hate them in pics though.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Field Researcher
#38 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 4:19 AM Last edited by jain : 22nd Mar 2017 at 4:56 AM.
Ja has two different mods, one that removes the plumbbobs from the neighborhood view and one that removes them from lot view. You can use the lot view mod and leave the other one in there if you can't find your households. I get rid of them. They ruin my shots and don't do anything useful for me. I get rid of the headlines too though since I don't actually use the game for gameplay all that much any more. If I'm actually playing, I might leave the headlines on for a while.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#39 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 5:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by velvetina
One of these two, maybe?

Yes, thank you! I use Ambular's (the second link) - the plumbbobs are really pretty in game.
Test Subject
#40 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 10:01 AM
I love the plumb bobs and want to have them in my photos, too. It just holds a sentimental value to me that is intimately tied to the longevity of my love for the Sims, and they're precious to me.
Forum Resident
#41 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 2:25 PM
I barely notice the plumbobs in my game, but I'd be extremely displeased if they were gone. I rely on them completely to help me find my active sim in big households and on community lots! Sometimes - as with big Patrick and little Patrick, until I amend the names to be Sr. and Jr., it's hard to tell who's who...
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#42 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 11:30 PM Last edited by Simonut : 23rd Mar 2017 at 12:47 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
I used to like Plumbob until I realized it is bit redundant. The mood meter, needs panel, and image of Sim gives good evaluation of its current well-being. It was annoying to have to hide the Plumbob via cheat when I wanted take picture also, so eventually I found mod that removes them. I forget where I found it, but I do remember name of files having [JA] on them.

I think I see it.

@HarVee lmao hahaha OMG you can see it. That mean my Sims have use their magic and turn me into not a player anymore but a Sims. I think I need help to return back to myself as a player.

@mustluvcatz I try creator Ambular's plumbobs maybe it's just me, but I saw No different in the Plumbobs when it came to being more shinier than the original Maxis.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Page 2 of 2