Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th May 2017 at 4:44 PM
Default The Magical Kingdom Challenge. (Supernatural Required)
* despite the name, this challenge has nothing to do with the Disney Theme parks.

Backstory: Hundreds of years ago, There was a magical kingdom full of Witches, Faries, Werewolves, Vampires, and so much more! But an evil Real Estate agent thought that all these magical things would lower property values, so he and his evil cronies set to work getting rid of all things magical. The magic folk fought back but were defeated, forcing them all to flee. The Real Estate agent got his wish of a town without magic but died alone and miserable.

Now, Princess (insertnamehere), the last heir to the old magical kingdom, has returned to her ancestral lands to rebuild the ancient city and once again make magic free for everyone.

Setup: Create Princess (insertnamehere). Make her a young adult Witch or Fairy. She can have any traits or looks. Now, Plop her down in a town without a "native" supernatural population. (Any town except Moonlight Falls or Bridgeport). Make sure that your settings are set so Occult types won't randomly spawn in the game. Princess (Insertnamehere) only starts off with the money provided in game, but you may want to reward her for every "conversion".

Gameplay: The goal of this challenge is to make at least 75% of the sims in town have occult statuses. The only way to do this is through Princess (Insertnamehere)'s Alchemy set. She is the only sim in town allowed to have access to the Alchemy set, but if you'd like, you can still build a potion shop for easier access to ingredients. You cannot "convert" any sim until you know all five of their personality traits. Friendship is an easy way to learn those five traits. Once learned, You can convert a sim into the Occult type you think best suits their personality.

Rules:

-No "force relationship" cheats. You have to actually interact with the sims in town to befriend them.
-If Princess (Insertnamehere) wants to have babies, her partner MUST be the same occult status as her. It would be pretty embarrassing for the heir to a magical kingdom to be a muggle.
-As stated earlier, Princess (insertnamehere) is the only sim with access to the alchemy set. If you want to make it available to certain other sims, they must join the active family.
-Magical Rabbitholes like the Gypsy wagon, the Arboretum, or the Archive may be added, but ONLY on a property belonging to the Royal family.
-It's okay for a "nonmagical" town to have things like Ghosts, mermaids, aliens, or plantsims. You're only concerned with the Occult types that can be created through Create-a-Sim. You can use the Alchemy station to create any Occult type available to you, but none of the pre-made "occult but not really" sims add up to the grand total.
-The Royal family may have any pet they desire, but the royal family is the only family allowed to own a unicorn.
-Despite being a princess, Princess (Insertnamehere) does not need to live in a fairytale castle. She can be as rich or as poor as you desire, and she can live wherever you'd like her to. It is recommended she has a full-time, non-skill job through.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 8:59 AM
Well I decided to try this one. I like all things supernatural, so why not. So here is Lux Apis, though I decided to go for more of a scenery/lore setting rather than a functional house. (I have attempted to post screenshots, but they are apparently too big).
My question is: do only occults from supernaturals count towards the score, or do genies, mermaids and plantsims (anything non-robot) count? (As long as they are turned via alchemy).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cejanek
Well I decided to try this one. I like all things supernatural, so why not. So here is Lux Apis, though I decided to go for more of a scenery/lore setting rather than a functional house. (I have attempted to post screenshots, but they are apparently too big).
My question is: do only occults from supernaturals count towards the score, or do genies, mermaids and plantsims (anything non-robot) count? (As long as they are turned via alchemy).

The only "proper" supernaturals allowed are the ones introduced in Supernatural. Fairies, Witches, Vampires, and Werewolves. You can make other occults like simbots and plantsims if you want to, but only the "big four" add to the score.
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 6:27 PM
If there is a potion I need on sale at a consignment store, may I use it to change a sim in the town, or is it considered "cheating" because my sim didn't make it?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OliviaPie
If there is a potion I need on sale at a consignment store, may I use it to change a sim in the town, or is it considered "cheating" because my sim didn't make it?

It's perfectly fine to use store-bought potions. The only thing that matters is that your sim is the only one using them.