Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#4651 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 11:13 PM
Thank you, Peni. I don't want anyone disappearing, so I guess I will leave it alone
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#4652 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 12:02 AM
Sims will want to ask each other home even when they're on vacation and literally cannot. That want is honestly so annoying.
Mad Poster
#4653 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 12:41 AM
"Home" for purposes of the want is just whatever lot the sim's being played out of, though. Date someone out of your hotel or vacation home, ask back to my place, bring date to hotel or vacation home.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#4654 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 4:32 PM
One of my dormies is no longer reciving any bills. The mail girl was there but just walked by. Stupid scumbag pre-corrupted uni subhood. (I have seen it before and won't even care).
Mad Poster
#4655 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
"Home" for purposes of the want is just whatever lot the sim's being played out of, though. Date someone out of your hotel or vacation home, ask back to my place, bring date to hotel or vacation home.

I suppose that would work if my sims actually had a vacation home. Mine tend to stay in hotels or campgrounds. Also, does the "ask home" thing even work if the sims already share a home?
Mad Poster
#4656 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 10:44 PM
Do you not see the phrase "hotel or vacation home" repeated twice there? It works if you take them back to the hotel, back to the campground, back to whatever active lot you're playing from. And it works if they live in the same place, too. I have done this hundreds of times. It always works. Always. If it doesn't, you've got a mod conflict.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#4657 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 10:53 PM
Do you not see the phrase "hotel or vacation home" repeated twice there?

No...I actualy did not. More fun with dyslexia for me...

It works if you take them back to the hotel, back to the campground, back to whatever active lot you're playing from. And it works if they live in the same place, too. I have done this hundreds of times. It always works. Always. If it doesn't, you've got a mod conflict.

I've never seen the option. Glad to know it works fine for you.
Mad Poster
#4658 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 11:40 PM
I never get the "ask home" option if the two Sims already live together. So I just fulfill that want with boolprop and clicking on it, since duh, they are coming home with you because newsflash you live together. I could be annoyed by it, but I choose to see it as them expressing a wish to keep living with the Sim and that they enjoy the fact that they get to go home with them every day. A "I'm so glad we live together" if you will.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Forum Resident
#4659 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 5:16 AM
I didn't actually discover this today but, I used to think that back rubs were only romantic actions available for Sims who are attracted to each other or are already in a romantic relationship. I didn't know that siblings can appreciate each other with back rubs. I have a set of twins in my game and the sister is always giving her brother a back rub. This behavior startled me when it first happened; I thought something had gone terribly wrong with my game. I checked to make sure the family flags were still in place. In all the years I've been playing it's the first time I've seen this behavior displayed autonomously among siblings. I also find it a bit strange that the option is also available for Adult children to appreciate their parents and grandparents with a back rub.
Mad Poster
#4660 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 5:25 AM
Stinky Skunk can have bouts of running around crazily. I guess they didn't fully change the cat code.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#4661 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 6:33 AM
I think backrubs aren't romantic at all. Every sim can give backrubs to friends. I used to use that a lot to bring up LTR scores quickly when I didn't want them to fall in love
Mad Poster
#4662 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 1:24 PM
That snowing (and presumable other precipitations) are happening on your screen, rather in game. By that I mean the position of each droplet follows your screen. I notice that when I pause the screen being weirded out by a big two snowclouds that followed the camera before realizing it's just an snowing affect. Pretty expected since it's best take on saving up running resource without putting a strain on a computer, but I never thought about it
Scholar
#4663 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 1:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enebya
I think backrubs aren't romantic at all. Every sim can give backrubs to friends. I used to use that a lot to bring up LTR scores quickly when I didn't want them to fall in love

but its a bit strange when siblings backrub each other

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#4664 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
but its a bit strange when siblings backrub each other

Not in real life it isn't. It's just weird in ts2 due to the animations.
Mad Poster
#4665 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 1:31 AM
So much depends on your family's physical contact culture. In some families it would be distinctly weird; in others it'd be weird not to do it. I had one friend in whose family backrubs were a routine intimacy, and if you were really close and the family member had acne you'd also pop each other's zits. I'm glad that's an interaction nobody thought to model in the game!

Forum Resident
#4666 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 2:08 AM
I agree with you Peni about the cultural aspect of touching after giving it some thought. I have a Hispanic friend, the men in her family are very affectionate with each other. The men continue to kiss their sons even after they are grown with children of their own. Funny you mentioned zit popping - I laughed out loud because my mother would do that .. she'd have my brother and I running for cover when we were teens. Too funny!
just a girl
#4667 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 7:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
One of my dormies is no longer reciving any bills. The mail girl was there but just walked by. Stupid scumbag pre-corrupted uni subhood. (I have seen it before and won't even care).

It's a common glitch. It's said to get fixed after you have your sim receive any other mail, like greeting card after a date.
Inventor
#4668 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 2:03 PM
@ihatemandatoryregister You mentioned days ago that you found a want to be kissed by a grandparent. I discovered that kids can fear being kissed by a grandparent.

I saw a couple of others in-game that you mentioned but I forgot which one. Part of me thinks it's the fear of getting caught two-timing and the backfiring love potion, but I'm not sure.
Scholar
#4669 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
It's a common glitch. It's said to get fixed after you have your sim receive any other mail, like greeting card after a date.

Oh, OK. I do not recall if it was fixed the last time or not and I'm not going to care about the issue now. But your post was helpful.
Field Researcher
#4670 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 2:47 AM
5 freaking minutes ago, I discovered that there is an UFO animation for neighbourhoods. I was there, whistling to myself and adding a few community lots, when suddenly I hear this familiar sound effect and an UFO surrounded by blue light flies by, 'scans' that other crashed UFO in my custom neighbourhood... and vanishes in thin air. I just... could not believe it.

My jaw plummeted to my lap. Thirteen years and this game continues to surprise me.
Lab Assistant
#4671 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 6:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annorah
5 freaking minutes ago, I discovered that there is an UFO animation for neighbourhoods. I was there, whistling to myself and adding a few community lots, when suddenly I hear this familiar sound effect and an UFO surrounded by blue light flies by, 'scans' that other crashed UFO in my custom neighbourhood... and vanishes in thin air. I just... could not believe it.

My jaw plummeted to my lap. Thirteen years and this game continues to surprise me.

I had no idea that could happen!

Similarly, the other day I was in the neighborhood view and for the first time, I saw a giant pig balloon floating across my town. It was a cute surprise!
Field Researcher
#4672 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nukk
Quote: Originally posted by Annorah

I had no idea that could happen!

Similarly, the other day I was in the neighborhood view and for the first time, I saw a giant pig balloon floating across my town. It was a cute surprise!

It's a fun easter egg! The UFO was added in Pets (I think it spawns with the powerplant cooling towers that was added in the same ep but maybe it spawn on it's own too) and the Pig Balloon was added in Open for Business and spawns with the base game Water tower that has the The Sims 2 logo.
Instructor
#4673 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Prah
It's a fun easter egg! The UFO was added in Pets (I think it spawns with the powerplant cooling towers that was added in the same ep but maybe it spawn on it's own too) and the Pig Balloon was added in Open for Business and spawns with the base game Water tower that has the The Sims 2 logo.

It will also scan the UFO wreck! It happens in Strangetown all the time.

As for the pig balloon, I wish there was a mod to get rid of! I hate that creepy eyed pig, hovering through my hood...
Mad Poster
#4674 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 12:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by conversesneaker
As for the pig balloon, I wish there was a mod to get rid of! I hate that creepy eyed pig, hovering through my hood...

Isn't the pig summoned by one of the deco objects? Water tower or something? Could always remove the object, if you find it so bothersome. Or figure out hood deco creating and make a version of it that's based on something that doesn't summon pig

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Instructor
#4675 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 2:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Isn't the pig summoned by one of the deco objects? Water tower or something? Could always remove the object, if you find it so bothersome. Or figure out hood deco creating and make a version of it that's based on something that doesn't summon pig

It's the water tower. I love the water tower. I hate the pig that comes with the water tower
Page 187 of 445