Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 MTS Calendar Contest - posted on 12th Nov 2017 at 8:48 PM
Replies: 6310 (Who?), Viewed: 279242 times.
Page 253 of 253
Lab Assistant
#6301 Old Yesterday at 6:32 PM
well that thread.. sure was a thing. maybe the OP reacted the way they did because they're roleplaing the toddler in their avatar? they do use first person when talking about it all

(✿ ❛ ▿ ❛)୨
Mad Poster
#6302 Old Yesterday at 7:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasubelly
Exactly. One time when I was playing Sims 2, I made one dude cheat on his girlfriend to get another one because she had higher chemistry. After they graduated his ex came to his house every morning while she was angry and stole the newspapers or kicked our trash can around. I had to buy my Sims a computer because they couldn't find a job any other way It was a very small thing, but I'd love to have situations like that in a Sims game again. Events like this made your actions feel like they really mattered.

Oh my God! That's one of the best parts of TS2. Enemies stealing newspapers and knocking over garbage cans. Loved ones leaving flowers on your doorstep. Meanwhile, in this game, I have to make my Sims act hostile to people they don't like. They see an enemy out at a community lot and the first thing they do is start up a friendly conversation. No, you idiots! I want you guys to hate each other!

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6303 Old Yesterday at 8:00 PM
Oh, that natural TS2 drama. It almost wrote itself sometimes. Sims fighting one another on sight? More of that please.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Lab Assistant
#6304 Old Yesterday at 8:03 PM
I've got a mail carrier in TS3 that throws my sims mail on the ground and get's all pissed off cause he can't get into my back yard to swim in the pool. Just Cracks me up!! That dude just kicks and swears, throws the mail on the ground and runs away. I love quirky shit like that. And if your sims doesn't like someone in TS3...then they don't like them, they don't try to make nice conversation... usually an argument.

Didn't TS2 have a segment where one sim could slap the shit out of another because they didn't like them? I know I saw that in one of the sims games.
#6305 Old Yesterday at 8:17 PM
Drops it on the ground? Interesting. In TS2, I had built a swimming pool moat around a house. The Paperboy just took a dive, swam to the island, and drop it next to the door, then swam back to the where he came from and left the lot with only trunks on.
Instructor
#6306 Old Yesterday at 8:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevogel

Didn't TS2 have a segment where one sim could slap the shit out of another because they didn't like them? I know I saw that in one of the sims games.

You mean the Sims in Sims 3 & 4 don't slap or beat each other up if they are enemies?

Though even in Sims 2 it's actually hard work from the side of the player to get two Sims to hate and assault each other.
Lab Assistant
#6307 Old Yesterday at 8:22 PM
In the the Sim 3 they do..... I don't know about 4. I thought that was "too sensitive & Triggering" for that game.
Lab Assistant
#6308 Old Yesterday at 8:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Drops it on the ground? Interesting. In TS2, I had built a swimming pool moat around a house. The Paperboy just took a dive, swam to the island, and drop it next to the door, then swam back to the where he came from and left the lot with only trunks on.

He doesn't drop it... he throws it. stomps around then runs off. Sometimes they will knock the trashcan over and make a mess. Just little quirky things like that. Those are all the things they took out of TS4.

I should build a moat around my mail box....hmmmmmmm wonder if I can kill the mail carrier by drowning..... Build a pool around the mailbox.....when he get's in...pause it... build a gate around the edge... Let him drown. That might be fun today.
Top Secret Researcher
#6309 Old Yesterday at 8:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
That person should have known better, that a highly advertised feature such as illness, of course, would have let the gameplay's to a somewhat gruesome direction eventually. At the same, I don't get the people who think they find it wrong or weird to feel emotional over a creative medium. While yes it is a game, I wouldn't say it's any different from as crying when watching a sad movie.
It's not healthy to get that upset over what's essentially a cartoon pet. If you're so emotional that you're on your second day of crying about it, it's difficult for you to write about what you saw, and you're not sure you'll get over it any time soon, you should really take a step back and get some perspective.

TS4 definitely lacks the depth of TS2's enemy system. I saw a Sim attack his own mother, and as soon as the dust cloud cleared, they were chatting like nothing ever happened.
Test Subject
#6310 Old Yesterday at 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bag2
Oh my God! That's one of the best parts of TS2. Enemies stealing newspapers and knocking over garbage cans. Loved ones leaving flowers on your doorstep. Meanwhile, in this game, I have to make my Sims act hostile to people they don't like. They see an enemy out at a community lot and the first thing they do is start up a friendly conversation. No, you idiots! I want you guys to hate each other!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
Oh, that natural TS2 drama. It almost wrote itself sometimes. Sims fighting one another on sight? More of that please.

Meanwhile in Sims 4, enemies ask you out for dinner to work out your differences when you have Dine Out installed
Instructor
#6311 Old Yesterday at 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emino
I'm wondering whether these people would bury their tamagotchi and gives it a funeral. XD

Hey! I've done that before...
Page 253 of 253