Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 7374 (Who?), Viewed: 247614 times.
Page 295 of 295
Instructor
#7351 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 8:00 AM
I got Lothario XD Don't think I agree.
Alchemist
#7352 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 9:23 PM
They should've had more families, that's all.

Because clearly, if we were any one TS2 family, mine would be the Ottomas! (And Mom would be permaplat off of six grandkids . . . that would be really nice.)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#7353 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 12:29 AM
I wish that the want "Have 10 Kids" was a LTW without going through the whole SimPE thing. It'd be just the thing for Samantha Ottomas or Ana Patel.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

If you have any questions about YOPD, feel free to PM me. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Welcome to Oakbrook.
Field Researcher
#7354 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 12:57 AM
What's up with peoples obsession with the Ottomas family? They are crazy to me. Dora's crazy, Peter's crazy, the kids are crazy, and Samantha is manipulated by Dora to have 1000 kids. Which she doesn't mind, but the family can't afford 1000 babies, especially after Dora dies. The Ottomas are straight up madness.

Maybe I'm not a big fan of them, because I basically ignored them when I got seasons years ago.

Currently Playing:
Beginning of Pleasantview by Marka93

Want Danies-simsational-blog's Sunset Valley hood as a subhood? Download it here.

Alchemist
#7355 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 12:57 AM
I find doing the Marry Off 6 Children LTW hard enough. I've never filled it, although since I'm loosely doing Amuras Alien meeting point challenge I'm going to try to fill the LTW for the first couple. (Both Sims want to marry off 6 children, and actually doing it would help towards populating the town with alien hybrids.)
Field Researcher
#7356 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 1:00 AM
The Ottomas are one of my favorites, I find Samantha incredibly pretty. They're a handful family to play but so much fun, too. Dora often fights with everyone she meets but usually falls in love with Luis Aspir. I like to get her and him married before they pass.

Each to their own though, eh? :P
Mad Poster
#7357 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 1:44 AM
@Fyren5 - Dora and Luis Aspir are also a couple in my game! Though Luis is trying to work up the courage to pop the question...

I like the Ottomases because they're a challenge to play.

If you have any questions about YOPD, feel free to PM me. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Welcome to Oakbrook.
Field Researcher
#7358 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 1:52 AM
He didn't hesitate in my game when they went on a date, it's cool how dates push Sims to proposal and marriage! :P
Mad Poster
#7359 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 1:54 AM
In my game, Dora ran off in the middle of the date because she had to pee. It would've gotten to dream date otherwise.

I just noticed that in my testing hood, that iteration of my self-Sim has "woohoo 20 sims" as her LTW. I'm laughing.

Forum Resident
#7360 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 2:03 AM
I get very frustrated with Samantha and her endless obsession with having more babies while not caring for those she already has, but Tommy is my all-time favourite Sim so I have to play them to play him. This time around, I aged Peter and Samantha up to a proper age for them to be David's parents, which meant no more babies after the twins. Much easier!
Mad Poster
#7361 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 2:10 AM
I was setting up a photo-shoot for my Secret Santa gift (shhhhh!), but things went slightly wrong when I accidentally selected "reign of fire" on the Sim Manipulator instead of snow.

The mailman gave a jaunty wave as he walked right through the flames.

Scholar
#7362 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 8:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyren5
The Ottomas are one of my favorites, I find Samantha incredibly pretty. They're a handful family to play but so much fun, too. Dora often fights with everyone she meets but usually falls in love with Luis Aspir. I like to get her and him married before they pass.

Each to their own though, eh? :P

I like the Ottomas Family as well. I don't think they are that hard to play from what I can recall, I have not played any of them recently.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#7363 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 8:20 AM
They get a bad reputation because the babies Samantha is pregnant with often turn out hideously ugly.
Instructor
#7364 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 8:40 AM
LTWs are so unbalanced! I've tried fulfilling the 50 dates one, but gave up halfway 10 kids isn't a ltw while maxing 7 skills is. (Which one takes more time?!) Reaching the top of one career apparently equals FIVE FREAKING TOP BUSINESSES. The "having 3 children graduate from college" doesn't even fulfill properly.
I think EAxis rushed this game
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7365 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 9:51 AM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 14th Dec 2018 at 10:07 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketching
Just for fun, I took this test to see which TS2 premade family matches my personality and...
When I finally got the test to load I got

The Oldie Family

You've taken up knitting, rarely stay out past 10pm, and love a good cup of tea.

You should play with the Oldie family on your next game of Sims and show the cute family of two how to party old-school.

I don't know about going to bed at 10 p.m. That's when I usually start up my game. And I think I typically choose to play a teenage Romance Sim looking for new friends to make out with.

[EDIT] I see it's "rarely stay out past 10pm", and I'd misread it as "stay up past 10pm". That is true; with an elderly parent to care for, I don't really have much choice. My Sims on the other hand go out to nightclubs at that time, take a powerful energy drink, and then bop till morning. . . .and probably make out a few times too. Myself, I think I've been inside a nightclub maybe twice in my whole life.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
DELETED POST
14th Dec 2018 at 10:50 AM
This message has been deleted by Bulbizarre. Reason: misread
Mad Poster
#7366 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pideli
LTWs are so unbalanced! I've tried fulfilling the 50 dates one, but gave up halfway 10 kids isn't a ltw while maxing 7 skills is. (Which one takes more time?!) Reaching the top of one career apparently equals FIVE FREAKING TOP BUSINESSES. The "having 3 children graduate from college" doesn't even fulfill properly.
I think EAxis rushed this game

@kestrellyn (faiuwle) made a mod to make some of them slightly less ridiculous:

Quote:
LTWNumbersTweaks: This reduces the number of things sims have to do to achieve certain LTWs. Specifically: 50 1st Dates/50 Dream Dates have been reduced to 30; 20 Pet BFs/Raise 20 Puppies/Kittens have been reduced to 10; Get 6 Grandchildren/Marry off 6 Children have been reduced to 4; Eat 200 Grilled Cheese Sandwiches has been reduced to 100. Sims who have already rolled these LTWs will be unaffected; cycle their LTW with the Lot Debugger until the correct one comes up. This hack conflicts with uni_ltws_sns. If you use uni_ltw_sns (from MATY), get LTWNumbersTweaks+UniLTWs instead, and make sure that uni_ltws_sns loads first.

Working link is in my signature.

Scholar
#7367 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 7:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
They get a bad reputation because the babies Samantha is pregnant with often turn out hideously ugly.

That is what plastic surgery is for.

BTW I use kestrellyn/Faiuwle/rufio's ltwnumberstweaks+uniltws Mod, it works well with Squinge's NewLTWEnabled Mod as well as with uniltws from Pescado. Have ltwnumberstweaks+uniltws Mod load after either Squinges' or Pescado's

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Field Researcher
#7368 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 6:00 AM
I did fulfill the 50 dream dates LTW once. The couple was pleasure and romance. I just sent them on a date every day, sometimes twice a day, and ended the date as soon as it maxed out.
Instructor
#7369 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 8:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbizarre
@kestrellyn (faiuwle) made a mod to make some of them slightly less ridiculous:
Working link is in my signature.

Thank you so much!
Through Faiuwle I learned that apparently you can get abducted using the dancing sphere :o I've never seen that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspiredzone
I did fulfill the 50 dream dates LTW once. The couple was pleasure and romance. I just sent them on a date every day, sometimes twice a day, and ended the date as soon as it maxed out.

Props to you! I don't have the patience!
Mad Poster
#7370 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pideli
Props to you! I don't have the patience!

Vampires... that's all I'm saying...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Alchemist
#7371 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 3:56 PM
People weren't kiddin that pets are underdeveloped.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#7372 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 3:58 PM

You know, I'm fairly sure that's not how you're supposed to run a business. Or play the game in general.

Test Subject
#7373 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 11:29 PM
I just noticed I was completely wrong when I mentioned that Risky Woohoo and Maternity for Young Adults wouldn't stack their functions with each other. I just had a young adult get pregnant by risky woohoo. I think I made something wrong in SimPE when I tested it by setting the Risky Woohoo odds to a 100% the first time. If anyone has read these posts of me, please ignore them.
Mad Poster
#7374 Old Yesterday at 2:44 AM
I finally have the opportunity to work in this game again, and I end up with writer's block on all my pre-existing projects, and blank-page syndrome for anything new that I want to start.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#7375 Old Yesterday at 4:19 PM
I had to update my most recent upload and I wondered if it sent a message to people who had already downloaded it. Apparently not, because I then checked my downloads and there was a whole page of 'has update'. Oops. XD
Page 295 of 295