Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Wanderlust, a new Sims 2 building contest - posted on 3rd Feb 2018 at 3:19 AM
Replies: 5524 (Who?), Viewed: 177661 times.
Page 221 of 221
Scholar
#5501 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 4:08 PM
if tara kat absolutely needed a father does anyone think brad burb could be her father?

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
cats are better than humans and shall takeover earth in a couple of centuries after they evolve.
Forum Resident
#5502 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 4:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogz2007
It really irks me that Maxis killed off Lyla... I wish that they would've just moved her into the family bin. This is almost implied in the storytelling images, so why did she end up in Olive's yard? Gosh!

That woman apparently abandoned all three of her children with a guy like General Grunt, she got what was coming to her...
Scholar
#5503 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 4:34 PM
but being a romance sim it's unlikely she wanted any kids;and since she had nowhere to go it'd be a bit bad to bring her children with her.

cats are better than humans and shall takeover earth in a couple of centuries after they evolve.
Forum Resident
#5504 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 4:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald1234
but being a romance sim it's unlikely she wanted any kids;and since she had nowhere to go it'd be a bit bad to bring her children with her.

Actually while they are being apprehensive about birthing children, Romance Sims tend to be pretty involved with any kids they do manage to get past the Toddler stage, and if she didn't want them she shouldn't have spawned any larvae in the first place. Now they were there and her responsibility.

And leaving them with an abusive father who likes to beat up his neighbors (and is a racist) is even worse.
Theorist
#5505 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 6:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxon
I thought everybody did that?

Really.
You just made my day.
Scholar
#5506 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 8:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphalesion
That woman apparently abandoned all three of her children with a guy like General Grunt, she got what was coming to her...

I've always looked at Buzz as a guy who loves his kids more than anything, but he doesn't necessarily know how to "show it", in a sense. That, and obviously his parents (and grandparents, and probably even farther back in the family tree) all were raised with the"military" lifestyle, and obviously in stereotypical depictions of military settings (military school, primarily) you'll see they don't do anything that's considered "non-manly" such as playing with toys, or whatever else and they are very strict and are all business. The Grunt family totally fits this whole stereotype perfectly; Just like how the Smith family ,in my mind, fits the "oddball family" stereotype you see sometimes in movies / shows.
Instructor
#5507 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 8:34 PM
Quote:

In my hood, Buzz has been jailed for life for murdering Lyla. His memories show that they had a fight and broke up, and she died right afterwards, so it doesn't seem an unreasonable storyline. She just managed to drag herself as far as Olive's house but died of her injuries (Olive is not a murderess in this hood; she's a death doula - she helps 'birth' people into the Otherworld only when their time has come).
The Great AntiJen
staff: moderator
#5508 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 9:32 PM
Housework is over-rated Essa. I have a friend (an American friend which is unusual for me) who says: one day when you die, you'll be buried in dirt so you better get used to it.

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Scholar
#5509 Old Yesterday at 12:33 AM
i have 5 toddlers in a household right now and i've just realised that's why i use cheats

Field Researcher
#5510 Old Yesterday at 1:07 AM
I once played a household with 9 toddlers (the nine muses) and it was hell Toddlers are my least favorite life stage. I wish I could grill those instead of infants in the omgwtfbbq.
Mad Poster
#5511 Old Yesterday at 1:32 AM
Pideli...Go to your room.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)
Scholar
#5512 Old Yesterday at 3:34 AM
I hate to say it, but why the hell do people even use such a disgusting mod? I know it's a game, but my God...
Forum Resident
#5513 Old Yesterday at 3:48 AM
I'm just wondering whether it's good for the longevity of the neighbourhood to kill off and grill baby sims...

The game didn't intend for Sims to be able to die in their larval stages, and even with child ghosts there are some problems...so how does the game deal with the dead babies caused by that mod?
Do they get a gravestone? Does it cause corruption?

I'm confused....

And no, I don't particularly want to try it for myself
Scholar
#5514 Old Yesterday at 3:51 AM
Quote:
I'm just wondering whether it's good for the longevity of the neighbourhood to kill off and grill baby sims...

The game didn't intend for Sims to be able to die in their larval stages, and even with child ghosts there are some problems...so how does the game deal with the dead babies caused by that mod?

I'm confused....

Pescado was a smart guy who always babbled on about corruption (as far back as 2005) so I think he didn't make it so it corrupts the neighborhood which the poor baby lived in. I think it kills them but doesn't give a gravestone since, as you said, child ghosts have issues by themselves, so obviously a baby would / could have even worse issues since the game would probably throw up (meaning it wouldn't know what the heck to do).
Mad Poster
#5515 Old Yesterday at 3:57 AM
Quote:

I'm confused....

And no, I don't particularly want to try it for myself

@Orphalesion
Someone just recently asked about how dangerous or not, this mod was..
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=607265

Field Researcher
#5516 Old Yesterday at 6:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogz2007
I hate to say it, but why the hell do people even use such a disgusting mod? I know it's a game, but my God...

You answered the question yourself. But also because it's really funny.
Btw, here's a collection of some of my favorite dead baby jokes: http://www.skrause.org/humor/deadbaby.shtml
#5517 Old Yesterday at 6:17 AM
Don't know how many of you guys have seen this it (was posted last year but I only recently stumbled onto it yesterday) but this is now pretty much the only Mortimer/Bella story I can even imagine. It's kind of long at 18 minutes but so worth it. This guy is amazingly talented.

Field Researcher
#5518 Old Yesterday at 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleClawDesigns
Don't know how many of you guys have seen this it (was posted last year but I only recently stumbled onto it yesterday) but this is now pretty much the only Mortimer/Bella story I can even imagine. It's kind of long at 18 minutes but so worth it. This guy is amazingly talented.

Oh yes, I love it! I think he gives a wonderful interpretaion of their story.

Check these two too:
#5519 Old Yesterday at 3:12 PM
Yea apparently it's a series, but the thing I love with Bella the last hope is that it can stand alone apart from that if it it the first one you see and still make sense regarding the two Bellas.
Top Secret Researcher
#5520 Old Yesterday at 5:07 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : Yesterday at 7:03 PM.
Simlogical reserved bed mod is so horribly design/ coded. Probably the reason why my pets tend to literally sink into the floor/ground and the fact I have to resell a double bed when I accidentally directed one wrong sim to slumber in it.
Mad Poster
#5521 Old Yesterday at 5:12 PM
I never felt the need for reservable beds. My sims will just go back to the bed I sent them to sleep in the first time I sent them. Easy...so I never understood the need for it.
Yes, sometimes, one sim will go sleep in another sim's bed. So? I cancel it, wait for him to be up..then direct him to his own bed. Maybe this would be much harder if I was playing a family of 23 sims, but I don't.

Top Secret Researcher
#5522 Old Yesterday at 5:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebine
I never felt the need for reservable beds. My sims will just go back to the bed I sent them to sleep in the first time I sent them. Easy...so I never understood the need for it.
Yes, sometimes, one sim will go sleep in another sim's bed. So? I cancel it, wait for him to be up..then direct him to his own bed. Maybe this would be much harder if I was playing a family of 23 sims, but I don't.

Mine never went to their respective beds. It's kinda immersion breaking that all children just occupy their parent's king size beds which is a kinda tedious task to shoo those every time when parents in need for their fun "play" time without the child disturbing them. Like get lost! You're not invited (and you really ought not to) to their game.
Instructor
#5523 Old Yesterday at 6:07 PM
Would TwoJeffs' Smart Beds work for you? It works fine in my game.

I used to have Inaccessible Beds too, but I couldn't handle sims making their beds 3 floors down, out in the lot corner in the middle of a storm.

My life is a series of incomprehensible sketches, illegible notes, and running away from angry reptiles. I don't enjoy that last one.
Forum Resident
#5524 Old Today at 7:11 AM
Hm, I don't know what this is but at my last play session I did send my sim of to a shopping center to look for new clothes. And I thought: while you are there, you can grab some foid as well. So she brought home dome food and did place it in the kitchen. But I could not make her place the food in the refridgerator so I thought it was full. But she did not have any "check food level" action either. OK, replace the refridgerator but same story. Placed the food in her backpack but what's going on there? Any ideas? I will play again this saturday and check if the problem is gone.
Scholar
#5525 Old Today at 10:33 AM
@Mrmo - pull out any food and/or fridge related hacks that you may have. If that doesn't help, you may have to do the 50/50.
Page 221 of 221