Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 MTS Calendar Contest - posted on 12th Nov 2017 at 8:48 PM
Replies: 632 (Who?), Viewed: 59188 times.
Page 26 of 26
Alchemist
#626 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 5:32 PM
Exam done. No more mid-terms!! I can finally relax and actually think about everything I've pushed back for the past 3 weeks.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Theorist
#627 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 8:40 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 18th Nov 2017 at 4:11 AM.
I think I made my part of the argument that our part of the county needs a second supermarket.

A little history: I live in a semi rural county of New Jersey. About 5 years ago, after 156 years of operations, the company owning A&P Groceries went out of business, and an A&P Grocery Store along Route 31, which is the main way into town either North or South (didn't matter which one you took, it was a road to services) and holds a state record for most fatalities (one knock at the reputation), was only in operation for a few years.

Now, the ShopRite, our only nearest grocery store, has unusually busy hours when growing families and elderly folks are shopping. It becomes crowded to the point it's like red blood cells going single file into a capillary.

Unfortunately, it has come to the point that we're running out of space to shop and time to shop.

My father might present an idea to corporate to build a 2nd grocery store along Route 31 where the empty A&P is still standing.

Then again, it's just something we've been musing.

I got to talk with my aunt Mary, who, although would be a candidate to become a veterinary doctor, it was the math she struggled with. I told her that raising feral cats into domestic ones is now a paying job. For a while, it was a volunteer job I used to do with my parents and my job was to handle feral kittens born to stray mothers to get them accustomed to human touch and my success record is 100% homed cats rate, which meant a 0% return rate. She came for her documents and we told her what happened in the 20 years since we left New Jersey. We mentioned stories involving our cats and wild animals, the various places we lived and our disdain for the corporate American office environment.

I made her some tea with a technique I picked up from Alton Brown (Mr. Brown, for the last time, I'm going to need more Knox Gelatine...Get me two cases and an empty industrial refrigerator and I'll have you a Gummy Zoo)

I told her of our talkative cat, Gemini and her first 4 years with us. She's definitely made her mark.

http://richinc.boards.net <--- My forum. Currently has a general talk board and a cooking board. Check back for more boards... please don't hurt me.
Theorist
#628 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 9:36 PM
I finally got new towels, I had a chance to bathe for the first time in a while, I took a walk to take in the autumnal colors and I got Gemini to play with the laser pointer. I swear she has the personality of a talking, laser-guided, heat seeking missile.

Either way, a great day.

http://richinc.boards.net <--- My forum. Currently has a general talk board and a cooking board. Check back for more boards... please don't hurt me.
Test Subject
#629 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 5:15 AM
I got 3rd chair in the All-City Honor Band. I play the trombone.
Theorist
#630 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 8:51 PM
Started yesterday evening when I finished my bag of stuffing. My dad made a joke of cannibals having me for dinner.

My family is under no obligation to be sane 100% of the time.

I did some window shopping online (I don't get money until the 1st, but I have a few options)
1. Buy Switch games and gear.
2. Buy gummi candy ingredients and gear.
3. Buy TS4 content in the available EPs, GPs and SPs.
4. Buy bath bombs.

I have my money set aside for my parents. I am getting them some things like a Grumpy Cat plush and AC\DC's "Back in Black" album for my mom (both my parents are hard rock fans) and a gift card for Amazon for my dad (my dad likes having options open)

But still having a main plan and backup plans to utilize as the morning plays out would be my wisest decision in planning. You never can tell what lies on the road ahead and forward.

Cheers to thee, my fellow Simmers as the year is on the final legs

Mad Poster
#631 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 9:19 PM
Jasper, that is an honor. I'm proud of you!

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Mad Poster
#632 Old Yesterday at 4:37 AM
Finally got my full unrestricted license

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Field Researcher
#633 Old Yesterday at 1:10 PM
Got our first snow of the year yay!!)
I just hope that it snows /rains ALOT this year
Page 26 of 26