Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 16645 (Who?), Viewed: 382049 times.
Page 666 of 666
Forum Resident
#16626 Old Yesterday at 3:07 AM
Well, all my sims have two aspirations, and it doesn't seem to matter which order you add them in (aside from determining whether you get all of the perks or just the first three, so in my game pleasure is always a secondary aspiration (and so is every other aspiration). I can never get the restaurant guide to work out, though, because I find it hard to maintain my sims' cuisine enthusiasm.
Mad Poster
#16627 Old Yesterday at 3:10 AM
Is it based on cuisine enthusiasm? I thought it was based more on the cooking skill.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

If you have any questions about YOPD, feel free to PM me. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Welcome to Oakbrook.
Forum Resident
#16628 Old Yesterday at 3:14 AM
All my sims have high cooking skill and no one has written a good restaurant guide. The game tells me they need more cuisine enthusiasm.
Instructor
#16629 Old Yesterday at 3:25 AM
Almost all of my sims have high Cuisine enthusiasm, but I've never figured out how to write a restaurant guidebook

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

SFS uploads

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16630 Old Yesterday at 4:09 AM
My chef writes 3K guides all the time, maybe its high cooking skill + enthusiasm? or maybe creativity instead of cooking skill, since it's a little like writing a novel.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#16631 Old Yesterday at 4:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
What's the hobby object that cost at least ยง3,000?

If you're talking about a game, it's probably the bowling alley. There was a mod that nuked that want, probably by TwoJeffs or Pescado.
Mad Poster
#16632 Old Yesterday at 4:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primavera
Almost all of my sims have high Cuisine enthusiasm, but I've never figured out how to write a restaurant guidebook

It's a FreeTime aspiration benefit for Pleasure sims. Since it's the third one, it'll also be available if you pick Pleasure as a secondary. Once it's unlocked your Sim can write them on computers. (I'm not sure if it's available on community lots, though.)

If you have any questions about YOPD, feel free to PM me. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Welcome to Oakbrook.
Instructor
#16633 Old Yesterday at 5:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbizarre
It's a FreeTime aspiration benefit for Pleasure sims. Since it's the third one, it'll also be available if you pick Pleasure as a secondary. Once it's unlocked your Sim can write them on computers. (I'm not sure if it's available on community lots, though.)

That explains it. I rarely pick Pleasure for my sims (both as a main and secondary aspiration) because all they wanna do is go on outings. They always have low aspirations because of this

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

SFS uploads

Mad Poster
#16634 Old Yesterday at 1:03 PM
I've actually found Pleasure one of the easier aspirations, because many of their wants are easy to fulfill. And going on dates is a pretty good way to fill both the aspiration meter and motives.

Field Researcher
#16635 Old Yesterday at 3:36 PM
Has anyone had a business so big that they needed to have a warehouse full of employees like the picture below?

I saw this last night and was like, "I've never had a warehouse center." How would manage all those employees? It just seems like they all would quit and you would constantly need to hire new ones.

Currently Playing:
Beginning of Pleasantview by Marka93

Want Danies-simsational-blog's Sunset Valley hood as a subhood? Download it here.

Mad Poster
#16636 Old Yesterday at 4:55 PM
Lots and lots of maxmotives.

Alchemist
#16637 Old Yesterday at 8:16 PM
Is there a Mod for keep tracking of rotation? I remember somebody once posted a one that shows how much each household have been played (by Pescado i believe).

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Alchemist
#16638 Old Yesterday at 8:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monijt1
Has anyone had a business so big that they needed to have a warehouse full of employees like the picture below?

I saw this last night and was like, "I've never had a warehouse center." How would manage all those employees? It just seems like they all would quit and you would constantly need to hire new ones.

Snapdragons? Coffee controllers?

Forum Resident
#16639 Old Yesterday at 8:24 PM
Quote:

Photoshop? I'd use Need Freak to control motive levels for something like that, if my computer could handle that.
Field Researcher
#16640 Old Yesterday at 8:29 PM
Quote:
Is there a Mod for keep tracking of rotation? I remember somebody once posted a one that shows how much each household have been played (by Pescado i believe).

Lot Sync Timer?
Theorist
#16641 Old Yesterday at 8:35 PM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : Yesterday at 8:58 PM. Reason: damned typos
I once heard of someone running a factory like that with vampire employees. The workers could work all night with no problems because their motives didn't drop like a normal sim's would have. You might be able to do that with servos too, but their needs don't freeze and you'd have to deal with that.
Mad Poster
#16642 Old Yesterday at 8:55 PM
Quote:

Pescado's lotsynctimer.

Alchemist
#16643 Old Yesterday at 9:06 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : Yesterday at 9:19 PM.
Thanks. Does the mod displays the info message pop thing in neighborhood view? Is the object required to be place down for that feature to work?

As for the corporal robot factory industry, theoretically speaking it's possible to set one. You would need certain mods that make running business as complex and as flexible as possible (simwardrobe's employee shift clock, limitless number of employees, display a list of all townies on the Hiring HUI, etc.) to establish something to that extent of the portrayed screen shot. Other than servo, I can imagine employing plantsims and setting up the workplace to be in suitable condition for them (I do wonder If hanging up the sun lamps above the robot benches with snapdragon boutiques would completely nullify their urges to tend to their needs (possibilly keeping them work 24/7 non-stop If the manager is capable of affording them)

Forum Resident
#16644 Old Yesterday at 11:43 PM
You place the lotsynctimer on each lot, click "install for family", and then you can set the day number to what you like. Every day at 6 the day number increases and you can see what day it is on all other lots in your neighborhood from the lotsynctimer object.
Mad Poster
#16645 Old Today at 1:07 AM
The Lotsynctimer also has several options: one of which is you can a future 'alarm' date for it to notify you when something special is supposed to happen in that family. I use it to make sure the teens grow up properly and get into college without trouble. Once there, I set it (manually on Uni lots) every day that time passes so it can keep in sync with the neighborhood.

Also, if you're comfy with SimPE, you can edit the text output of the timer to personalize it. I have and it's fairly easy to do.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Scholar
#16646 Old Today at 2:52 AM Last edited by lordtyger9 : Today at 4:00 AM.
Quote:

@monijt1
Use some Mods and it is not too hard, I don't have a Factory myself though. One does not need all of these. but they all help with Businesses. long list follows...

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Page 666 of 666