Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 11:16 PM
Default Pet goes INSIDE pet bed instead of ON
Hi guys!

Well... the title is sorta right. I spent about 2-3 hours looking at the forums for an answer, but couldn't find one. Not sure if I'll ever get it, but who knows, considered how there are still some genius modders lurking around still. Now, I customized the slot so the pet eventually gets on the pet bed but that's easy. The hard part and something I guess goes beyond my knowledge of object creating (Which is already quite limited :P) Is to get a specific part of the animation to go on the same height of the bed bed, so to speak. Take a look at the images...

Looked at them? Good! As you can see the dog in this case (This also happens to cats and big dogs) it goes straight into the pet bed, which leads to some painful examples as seen below. I'm wondering if there's a way to fix this without having to alter a CLIP file or make one myself, or even have to script it in?

Looking forward to learn more about this
Screenshots
Advertisement
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#2 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 1:30 PM
Have you looked at the bed's rig? There may be a target bone that needs to be moved.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 10:00 PM
From the looks of it, it doesn't have any IKChains or anything to do that. Not sure if the offset bone would do anything (which I don't believe will fix that issue at all, since every RIG has one). So, I had been looking at whether changing the jazz script could do it but that (from what I can find from my research) is only possible by re-scripting the entire thing... so guess I'll either keep it this way, unless there is a way to make some sort of custom Jazz script for an custom object in that way?