Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 9:30 PM
Default Question..
Hey!
I was just wondering something about Sims 2 University. If you fall in love with someone in your dorm are you able to get pregnant while still going to University? I hope that makes sense to all of you!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 9:31 PM
From what I understand... you don't want your sim to get preggers until they're a senior... as while your sims can woohoo and try for baby... they can't give birth ON CAMPUS/ IN COLLEGE.
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 9:33 PM
I know that you cant give birht in college.haha. that would be pretty funny. But thank you for the advice!
#4 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 9:46 PM
You can give birth in college. I've had several babies born on campus. Lucy Burb was the last student I played and due to a glitch she decided to keep right on having babies until I managed to force an error and stop her on five (so be warned)

This is Lucy with three of her kids:

It's a while ago but I'm sure I had to manually age them - I usually stop at the toddler stage as they can be quite self sufficient with the toddler blanket to sleep on and the everlasting bottle - just make sure you potty train them! Also once the mother graduates you have to have her 'summon' them to her new home and add them back into her family, otherwise they stay on campus quite happily - permanent Peter (and Petra) Pans. (I've played that way too)
#5 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 11:52 PM
My sim got pregnant on campus but didn't even belly bump until she got home, about 2 hours after so I know she didn't woohoo in between

Do you have inteenimator, or any other hacks that migh tle tyou do that?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 3:53 AM
No, you can not have kids in collage or get pregnant with out a hack!

If you have the InTeenimator then you can. You can get pregnant (with a bump), give birth and the children will age correctly. You need the InTeen for any of this. The InTeen is not yet updated for Pets though, so if you have that you will not be able to get it.
#7 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 4:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by moonluck9
No, you can not have kids in collage or get pregnant with out a hack!

If you have the InTeenimator then you can. You can get pregnant (with a bump), give birth and the children will age correctly. You need the InTeen for any of this. The InTeen is not yet updated for Pets though, so if you have that you will not be able to get it.

I don't have inteen... I don't have any hacks IIRC that would affect it. I got baby chimes, but then nothing happened until she moved home, where she immediatly got morning sickness to remind me and belly-bumped that first evening she was home. She gave birth a few days later (it was one of her professors').

EDIT: Wait, I do have Risky WooHoo, but I was pretty sure I'd been overly curious and clicked "try for baby"... anytime it shows up and I don't think it should I click it anyway just to see.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 4:28 AM
The thing is you shouldn't have a "try for baby" option. What Risky WooHoo are you using the one by syber spunk? Is it up to date? Do you always get "try for baby" option in college?
#9 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 4:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by moonluck9
The thing is you shouldn't have a "try for baby" option. What Risky WooHoo are you using the one by syber spunk? Is it up to date? Do you always get "try for baby" option in college?

It was a while ago.. now I should go play and test it out.

EDIT: Yup, I reproduced it, and I'll tell you exactly how:
1. Pick any female sim and get her to college, can be born in game (like the one I referred to earlier, my legacy heir) or CAS YA (like the one I used for this test)
2. Go to class. Meet male professor (havn't tried with other males)
3. Chat on phone, invite over, build relatoinship, go on date downtown.
4. Photo booth: Try For Baby will appear if WooHoo does. Click it. Repeat as needed until baby chimes.

I managed to get her pregnant first try. Played her in college 47+ sim hours (47 hours to final, not including time spent AT final and another outing downtown for fun). No baby bump. Had her drop out of college. She had morning sickness and "Am I pregnant?" within 12 hours; baby bump occured 25 simhours after moving in.
#10 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 8:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yamikuronue
My sim got pregnant on campus but didn't even belly bump until she got home, about 2 hours after so I know she didn't woohoo in between

Do you have inteenimator, or any other hacks that migh tle tyou do that?

Sorry for the delay, I've only just logged back on again!

I don't have inteen but I do have the insimenator. I presume it lets the pregnancy proceed. I also use it to age up the babies. I love having toddlers running about the dorms. They are always bugging the non-playable students to play with them.
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 9:17 PM
Okay I think I understand what is being said in here...Ill just wait until my sim is in Senior year.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 10:31 PM
Well, I didn't have any hacks when I did this: I used the testingcheatsenabled to get my male sim pregnant by an alien while he was still in college, then I turned the cheat back off. He grew a belly in college and graduated and everything, but never had the baby until I got him off campus and onto a lot. There he immediately went into birth and delivered a cute little alien baby boy and still lives there happily to this day.
Original Poster
#13 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 12:00 AM
^^Awww that's cute in a strange way!
Site Helper
#14 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 5:47 PM
The date downtown and woohoo in a photobooth works with any male. It can also occur in a car if an adult male calls the YA female and asks her on a date anywhere off campus. It can happen in a photobooth even WITHOUT "try for baby." They thought they were being careful.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Original Poster
#15 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sidneydoj
The date downtown and woohoo in a photobooth works with any male. It can also occur in a car if an adult male calls the YA female and asks her on a date anywhere off campus. It can happen in a photobooth even WITHOUT "try for baby." They thought they were being careful.
hahah. that's funny