Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 7:08 PM
Default Weird Static Across Screen!!!
Okay so I got TS4 about a month ago, I played it for a while and it was fine, then I was having problems with my computer so I got it fixed. When I got it back TS4 was being laggy (it was really bad) so I asked the repair guy and he apparently put more RAM on. So I loaded up the game, and when the Sims 4 logo came up there were all these lines and static across my screen! (My monitor is fine I think) Then the game loaded up and I got into CAS, I was picking out a skin but when I clicked on it suddenly my whole screen was the colour of the skin. This was happening with the clothing colour swatches as well. Then when I was picking out the traits and there were little lines across the pictures for the traits as well! Then when I was picking out a house for her, the whole neighbourhood had the static as well! I didn't try the gameplay yet. Someone please help me out!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 7:58 PM
Are your GFX drivers up to date?
Instructor
#3 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 11:47 PM
Could be:
- TS4 need to be repaired in the origin client "right click TS4 icon -> select repair game"
- graphics card not sitting correctly in the slot
- monitor dvi/hdmi cable not connected correctly to either monitor or gpu
- buggy memory
- graphics card fried from static contact
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 9:30 AM
I play on dual monitors and I noticed that if there is flash running in the other monitor it makes sims on my main monitor flash and tear. I closed everything and restarted, it was fine.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 9:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lodakai
Are your GFX drivers up to date?

Thank you a LOT, that got rid of most of the stuff- my CAS is no longer buggy but there's still static at the Sims 4 logo and the pictures on the traits and moodlets still have lines across them, and my neighbourhoods are still pretty much covered in lines and static. It doesn't do anything but it's REALLY annoying. Do you have any ideas as to how to fix this?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 9:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MissBrick
Thank you a LOT, that got rid of most of the stuff- my CAS is no longer buggy but there's still static at the Sims 4 logo and the pictures on the traits and moodlets still have lines across them, and my neighbourhoods are still pretty much covered in lines and static. It doesn't do anything but it's REALLY annoying. Do you have any ideas as to how to fix this?

Post a screenshot?
Scholar
#7 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 2:34 PM
Dying video card.
Test Subject
#8 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 4:11 AM
run, its slender man in the sims