Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 3:51 AM Last edited by mummy_001 : 27th Sep 2014 at 3:39 PM. Reason: solved
Default How do i find my game version.. { SOLVED }
Sorry for the seemingly idiotic question but where do I find my game version?
I've been looking for it so I can make sure it has been patched to the latest version. I've looked all through Origin settings etc. and Google has been no help.....Thanks in advance
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 4:19 AM
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\Default.ini
Open with notepad
Bottom section
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 7:11 AM Last edited by McCrea : 27th Sep 2014 at 7:56 AM.
or My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\GameVersion.txt
(The other is better tho, lol)
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 1:17 PM
Thanks so much for this information. You would think that the latest version info could be found on origin also but it isn't. I'm also having trouble trying to work out the latest patch version. Mine (Sims 4 version) is telling me 1.0.728.0 so I hope that is the latest version. On EA site it tells me about the latest patch and the release date but does not tell me the patch version.
I was trying to check and make sure my game auto updated via Origin....
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mummy_001
You would think that the latest version info could be found on origin also but it isn't. I'm also having trouble trying to work out the latest patch version. Mine (Sims 4 version) is telling me 1.0.728.0 so I hope that is the latest version. On EA site it tells me about the latest patch and the release date but does not tell me the patch version.
Yeah, that's right.