Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 2:27 AM Last edited by Commander81 : 2nd Oct 2014 at 1:56 PM.
Default New here and need some help
Good Evening Everyone. I am in need of some assistance on how to get mods in to my game. I have never done it before, and they always say, There is no time like the present!.

If someone could share a link that gives me the rundown on how to get this stuff in to my game that would be great. Im not a computer wiz but Im also not stupid when it comes to them. I just need a step by step layout to show me how to do it with out frigging something up.

So what I ask is where do I put my new mods and how do I go about making sure I have them in my game and I don't crash my game. If I have not asked the right amount of questions I am sorry. Like I said Im new to this whole Modding thing.

Thank you in advance.
Cheers
Commander81
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 3:04 AM
Put mods in the mods folder (my docs - Electronic Arts - Sims 4).

If your game crashes after you've added a mod, use process of elimination.

If you have other questions, check this area:
http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=691

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#3 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 3:12 AM
Moving to Help. Please post here with Help questions, not in Discussion.

Also, see the stickies.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 1:50 PM
Thank you. with being new to this I am lost and not sure where to start.
Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 3:00 PM
Your mods folder will be in my documents - electronic arts - sims 4 - mods.

Just throw your mods in there, if they are script mods they can stay in the zip folder unless the install instructions state otherwise, if they are clothing mods/hair/etc just unzip them into that folder. You can have subfolders in the mods folder but you can't have subfolders within subfolders. Then just run your game and you should see a list of mods installed at the start up.

If you install script mods you'll need to go into the game options and enable them.

If your game doesn't crash congrats, you've installed some mods, if it does crash, remove them and add them back one at a time until you find the one that causes the crash.

(an easy way to do this is to get the mod manager found in the downloads section of this site in game mods for the sims 4)