Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 8:23 PM
Default Pet Stores?
I tried to make a pet store, but it won't let me set a price on any of them! what's wrong? it's at home, is that why?

Cammy Parker - 1st Place Miss Prom Queen
<3<3<3 Thanks To Cpowell For My Awesome Avatar! (which I resized so It looks weird! lol) <3<3<3
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 8:25 PM
I think pet stores need to be aon a community lot...

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
#3 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 8:30 PM
You need to dial on the phone to start a home business. Then you should get the icon tools in the top-right corner, and use the icon that chooses the price to click on the pet display. Then go back into play mode and there should be pets visible for sale in those display units.

You can change the breed and price, at least you can on a community lot.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 8:36 PM
so I set the display for sale? not the actual pet? I'll try that, it still won't let me sell birds and gerbils though

Cammy Parker - 1st Place Miss Prom Queen
<3<3<3 Thanks To Cpowell For My Awesome Avatar! (which I resized so It looks weird! lol) <3<3<3
#5 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 8:40 PM
Yes, set the display for sale and a pet will appear once you switch back and unpause 'live' mode.

I haven't tried selling birds or womrats, but my guess is that you have to buy one to put it into the cage before you can sell one? Or you might just be only able to sell the enclosures for them.
If you're trying to sell a pet which you own and control in your family, click the person you want to sell to and select "Sales... Pet..."
#6 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 11:03 PM
I purchased 2 birds and 2 womrats and couldn`t set a price for them once they were live in the cage, so I set them all free and set the price on the cage (nice waste of 1k!)

Once you set the price on the cat and dog display boxes, the animals pop up, and you can change their breed.

I`d be interested in hearing if anyone can sell puppies or kittens, or find out a way to sell the birds and womrats (since it kind of feels that you are selling the cage, ya know?)
#7 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 9:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Leyla
I`d be interested in hearing if anyone can sell puppies or kittens, or find out a way to sell the birds and womrats (since it kind of feels that you are selling the cage, ya know?)

I know that you can't sell puppies or kittens in the display unit, in the same way that you can't buy them from a Pet Store.
However, you can use the "Sales.." interaction to sell a puppy or kitten, I believe.
#8 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 5:38 AM
Hopefully someone hacks the display boxes .. =)

I think I might try getting Puppies/Kittens to my Pet Shop, and selling them there, just having them run around versus in cages though
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 4:43 PM
I tried and tried to buy a bird from a pet shop but couldn't. Finally I read the Prima game guild and it said you buy the cage from the catalog and have your sim stock it. In other words the cages play just like the aquariums.

Another thing, Birds aren't like the fish that you can feed every three days. I had my sim buy a cage and stock it then fill the feeder and I found the bird dead the next day. I really doubt if my puppy scared it to death and that's the only other animal I have in the house. So I figured it starved while I was messing with the puppy.

Really I'm finding having a bunch of new pets is too much trouble. You need to stagger your acquisition of them until they are trained.
#10 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 5:16 PM
Did you try using the whole sale icon. I have a pets store, and I used the whole sale icon the the cage, and the option of what type of bird to put in & the name. The same for the little animal thing. My sim's store is a community store also. While you have the wholesale icon, you can price the pets at the same time.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Faithlove13xxx
Cool thing I found.

When running a buisiness, and one of your sims comes in and buys a dog.

When you go back to the customers home, it asks you if you want to accept "Webster" or w/e into your home.

It's really thoughtful! Glad my sims won't go pet shopping all willy nilly, but also that it's realistic.

I watched one of my playable sims look at a cat for 5 minutes in a pet store then buy it. Later when I went to her lot the game asked me if I wanted to accept her purchase I said yes. Problem is I got another dog. Since I didn't want another dog I quit the game without saving and then logged in again and this time said no.

The good thing about the game asking you if you want to accept is you haven't played for an hour. Since you've just signed in it's easy to just sign out and by in and not lose anything important.
#12 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Will Galen
I tried and tried to buy a bird from a pet shop but couldn't. Finally I read the Prima game guild and it said you buy the cage from the catalog and have your sim stock it. In other words the cages play just like the aquariums.

Another thing, Birds aren't like the fish that you can feed every three days. I had my sim buy a cage and stock it then fill the feeder and I found the bird dead the next day. I really doubt if my puppy scared it to death and that's the only other animal I have in the house. So I figured it starved while I was messing with the puppy.

Really I'm finding having a bunch of new pets is too much trouble. You need to stagger your acquisition of them until they are trained.

Yeah, once they are trainer they are cake.

I think it's cool that your playable sims can buy pets when you aren't playing with them. I love adding pets to my families, and this is a fun way to just "wing it" and see what kind of pets come up.