Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 10:55 PM
Default Is anyone else's cat doing this?
My first created cat keeps 'yowling' (that's what the action says) at the TV while thinking about it. I thought maybe it was because he wanted attention so I tried having my sim give him lots of love. I even tried turning off the TV. He STILL did it. Any ideas what the problem could be? He doesn't have any toys or anything near the TV, either. :confused: It wouldn't be such a big deal except that he's doing it almost constantly. It's just odd.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 2:47 AM
yep, the pets seem to be disturbed by the tv for a while. I didn't see any way to scold them out of it, but eventually they stop and I did see a 'praise for calmly watching television' for one of my dogs.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 3:22 AM
Oh, okay! Makes sense. Thanks, guys.

I almost pre-ordered from Amazon myself, Minty. Luckily I chose Ebgames, and it got here on the 17th. I hadn't even had the 'shipped' notice when it came, so it was a complete surprise. Hope you get yours very soon!
Scholar
#4 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 7:53 AM
my cats do that with the stero alot not with the tv yet though

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
#5 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 11:19 PM
I have had cats that just yowl for the sake of yowling!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 12:09 AM
My cats yowl IRL if I don't make enough noise for them to know where I am :laugh:

As for in-game, try banning them from the room with the electronics (you have the option if you have OfB, and click on the door).

EDIT: My cats yowl, run around like crazy, tear sh*t up, and misbehave. I can't "train" them to do anything but use the litter box, so why would I do it in-game? :D
Test Subject
#7 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 7:17 AM
Yowling is tied to the "disruptive" behaviors a pet can do. Cats can also "run around crazily" if they aren't trained to be calm. Personally, I was praising the cat for acting that way since she was based off a real cat I once had who often did 'yowl' and indeed did 'run around crazily' every so often.

"Look, I don't need this, I inhaled my favorite whistle this morning."
--Simpsons