Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 10:15 PM
Default Poor puppy had to wee inside because of my foundation
Awwwww...
I started a new family, just 1 woman living on her own, I moved her into the secret little house on the edge of Pleasantview.

She had a want to have a puppy or kitten so I adopted a puppy for her company.

The little thing is sooo cute, and in the middle of the night got up for a toilet break.

The poor little thing wimpered at the door and went outside a few times before resorting to peeing inside, oh how it tried to to it right.

Im guessing theres no way to solve this apart from take it for a walk, but i dont think u can do that with puppies anyways?

Visit designit botan the new site and new url! no really... its new new!!!!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 10:18 PM
Actually, I don't think that taking it for a walk solves anything but if you praise it for going outside and scold it for going inside it'll eventually learn to stop peeing inside the house.
Alchemist
#3 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 10:18 PM
When they start whining about having to pee, have one of your sims pick it up and put it on the ground outside. They'll do their business and they can be taken back inside. Realistic, huh? That's what I did with my puppies...

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 10:26 PM
thanks whatzombie, but I am refering to puppys and them not being able to walk down stairs... and taking a dog for a walk actually fills the dogs bladder bar, thus u dont have to clean up a puddle.
Its fustrating cause my sim had just done a double shift and in the red energy, I didnt feel like waking her up yet I dont want my puppy to lear bad behavious.

Scholar
#5 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 10:33 PM
ya its hard with puppies...as soon as a sim gets home i usually try to stick the puppy outside if hes anywhere near half on the bladder meter then my sim can go sleep or watere ...and if hes gettign hungry just move the bowl out side ...but i dont hae too many foundationed homes anyways so its not too bad for me

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Test Subject
#6 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 10:44 PM
Oh, sorry, I've only had one puppy so far and the families house only had one floor and no stairs.
#7 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 11:26 PM
I felt so sorry for them when that happened to my puppies. I trained them by scolding them for peeing inside (even though they had no choice) then they'd go between the front and the back doors whining because they didn't want to go inside and get told off for it.
I ended up using moveObjects
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 11:42 PM
If you've got OfB, you have the option to ban the pet from certain rooms, or the whole house until it's fully housebroken (learned to potty outside).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 11:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyJade6480
If you've got OfB, you have the option to ban the pet from certain rooms, or the whole house until it's fully housebroken (learned to potty outside).

Once again, this doesnt really apply with puppies bbecause on a foundation house they can go down the steps to go outside...

Stupid people are stupid
#10 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 5:54 PM
My sims live in a house with a large porch in front of it. The puppy would go and sit there and it still was outside somehow...
Test Subject
#11 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 8:47 AM
If their bladder bar is at half I usually watch what they're planning to do next. When I see the puddle icon I quickly let one of my sims pick up the puppy and take him outside.

@Trissle: You are soooo mean lol I just can't scold puppies when they don't know any better yet and especially not if it's my own sims' fault.