Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 3:40 PM
I am a little confused, where do I find all the instructions to read them, if anyone can tell me please? I apologize if I asked in the wrong place as well.
Advertisement
Instructor
#77 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 5:22 PM
Cmar, I've edited a mesh and want to change the shadow, but don't have the faintest idea where to start. Could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks, JD.
Test Subject
#78 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 5:36 PM
Default Can't clone non-default eyecolor
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Thanks for letting me know. I'm also using the limited edition from disk, so this is very strange. Would you mind if I post your hat package in the CAS parts create forum so I can ask more people to test it and maybe get some idea of why this happening?

Right now I have no idea what's causing it since it works fine for me. Let me see if I come up with anything.

I'm having the same issue as lucidsim with eyecolor. Default clone works fine.

Details:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at XMODS.Form1.CloneGo_button_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34014 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
S4CASTools
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Andrea/Desktop/Sims%204%20Programs/S4CASTools_0_3_0_0/S4CASTools.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34003 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
s4pi.Package
Assembly Version: 1408.22.1802.23466
Win32 Version: 1408.22.1802.23466
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Andrea/Desktop/Sims%204%20Programs/S4CASTools_0_3_0_0/s4pi.Package.DLL
s4pi.Interfaces
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Andrea/Desktop/Sims%204%20Programs/S4CASTools_0_3_0_0/s4pi.Interfaces.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34230 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
XmodsDataLib
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Andrea/Desktop/Sims%204%20Programs/S4CASTools_0_3_0_0/XmodsDataLib.DLL
s4pi.Settings
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Andrea/Desktop/Sims%204%20Programs/S4CASTools_0_3_0_0/s4pi.Settings.DLL
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#79 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 6:04 PM
I tried to debug the non-mesh items cloning problem and it seems to have fixed itself somehow. Maybe the version I uploaded previously was a bad build. Very strange! Could everyone who had the makeup/eyebrow/etc. cloning crash please download again and let me know if it works?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#80 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 6:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ♥BabydollKissesXo♥
I am a little confused, where do I find all the instructions to read them, if anyone can tell me please? I apologize if I asked in the wrong place as well.

If you mean instructions for using this tool, there aren't any. Everything for Sims 4 is still in development, but at some point there will be tutorials.

Quote: Originally posted by JosephTheSim2k5
Cmar, I've edited a mesh and want to change the shadow, but don't have the faintest idea where to start. Could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks, JD.

The shadow image is the other image that displays in the s4pe preview and can be exported to DDS, as you may already know. You can do that (export to DDS) and modifiy it, and import it back from DDS using s4pe. However, when I tried this I got weird black lines at the neck, wrists, and ankles and don't know what caused them. You'd just have to experiment.

Also, I'm glad you got the goatee working! Yes, the way bone assignments work is different between the game and the CAS Demo, so you can't use the same meshes. Inconvenient, but there it is.

@MyreMylar: Could you try cloning that hat again with the sorta-new version of CAS Tools? I'm wondering it there was some kind of strange bug in that build. Sometimes compilers can have bugs too.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Lab Assistant
#81 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 7:00 PM
No matter what I clone, the cloned mesh gets distorted ´:'( I dont even edit the mesh/export or import something new. I just want to clone but it doesnt work :c

Im probably dumb.

♘ visit my tumblr here
Instructor
#82 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 7:03 PM
The shadow image is the other image that displays in the s4pe preview and can be exported to DDS, as you may already know. You can do that (export to DDS) and modifiy it, and import it back from DDS using s4pe. However, when I tried this I got weird black lines at the neck, wrists, and ankles and don't know what caused them. You'd just have to experiment.

Also, I'm glad you got the goatee working! Yes, the way bone assignments work is different between the game and the CAS Demo, so you can't use the same meshes. Inconvenient, but there it is.

That's great thank you, I've found it and edited it.

Can't wait to get back into game to get some stills of my completed meshes for upload. but now, it's the weekend and I need a pint!

Thanks again,
JD
Instructor
#83 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by trap lorde
No matter what I clone, the cloned mesh gets distorted ´:'( I dont even edit the mesh/export or import something new. I just want to clone but it doesnt work :c

Is that in CAS Demo or game?

JD
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 7:06 PM
In game :'0

♘ visit my tumblr here
Lab Assistant
retired moderator
#85 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 7:50 PM

It looks EXACTLY like what happens when export a mesh from the demo, and import it into the main game. Maybe you're accidentally exporting from the wrong game's package?
Test Subject
#86 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 9:01 PM
I can confirm that the makeup/eye issue is fixed for me after the new download! Thank you SO much for everything that you do!! You rock!
Test Subject
#87 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 10:41 PM
Confirmed makeup is now working Thank you for fixing this so quickly.
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 11:11 PM
Just cloned and edited yfBottom_SkirtCalfCircle. As soon as I try to hover over it, or the one I cloned it from, the game crashes. =/ I'll let you know if this happens with anything else.

Edit: That was with ver 3, I'll have to try out ver 4 tonight when the internet works properly.

I'm collecting Disagrees, see.
Test Subject
#89 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 11:30 PM
Makeup and Eyes work for me now!!! But I made some eyes and now I can not find them in the game...do I have to make default replacements for eyes?
Test Subject
#90 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 12:41 AM Last edited by simeleon24 : 13th Sep 2014 at 12:51 AM.
Hey Cmar, is there any way to bring the body parts with correct joints into Milkshape? What can I do when I get the error:"Hashed bone 0x... not in skeleton"?
It would be great to use the basic Sim body meshes and add different hair and clothing meshes to create animations in other programs

Someone managed to rip single pieces with joints and put them together:
http://malik-hatsune.deviantart.com...l-Rip-477369977
http://malik-hatsune.deviantart.com...-Done-480969429
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu9Z...eature=youtu.be
Is there any tutorial for that?

Thank you
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#91 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 2:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by violablu
Makeup and Eyes work for me now!!! But I made some eyes and now I can not find them in the game...do I have to make default replacements for eyes?

Sorry, I haven't done anything with eyes and don't know.

Quote: Originally posted by simeleon24
Hey Cmar, is there any way to bring the body parts with correct joints into Milkshape? What can I do when I get the error:"Hashed bone 0x... not in skeleton"?
It would be great to use the basic Sim body meshes and add different hair and clothing meshes to create animations in other programs

Someone managed to rip single pieces with joints and put them together:
http://malik-hatsune.deviantart.com...l-Rip-477369977
http://malik-hatsune.deviantart.com...-Done-480969429
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu9Z...eature=youtu.be
Is there any tutorial for that?

Thank you

At this time we don't have a plugin to import TS4 meshes into Milkshape, and TS4 has some bones that weren't in TS3 and can't be handled by the TS3 plugin. It's going to take more time for plugins to be written and the rigs to be made available.

Test Subject
#92 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 2:58 AM
Default Thanks!
If you mean instructions for using this tool, there aren't any. Everything for Sims 4 is still in development, but at some point there will be tutorials.

Oh okay! Thank you! I did not know if you had meant tutorials or if you meant there were instructions on the tool. I will head to the tutorials section then and see if it's something I can get into. Thanks again.
Test Subject
#93 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 7:18 AM
So, my sims 4 isn't in the default location. So I keep pointing it to the client folder in the data folder. But then it says there's no TS4 packages? Am I pointing it to the wrong folder, or do I have to pick a package? I know with colormagic I had to point it to the resource in that folder. I know I must be doing something really dumb wrong here.
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 8:25 AM
@MyreMylar: Could you try cloning that hat again with the sorta-new version of CAS Tools? I'm wondering it there was some kind of strange bug in that build. Sometimes compilers can have bugs too.

Downloaded the new version but it still seems to be happening for me sadly. I'll investigate more when I have time, see if I can narrow it down any.
Test Subject
#95 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 8:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Araenna
So, my sims 4 isn't in the default location. So I keep pointing it to the client folder in the data folder. But then it says there's no TS4 packages? Am I pointing it to the wrong folder, or do I have to pick a package? I know with colormagic I had to point it to the resource in that folder. I know I must be doing something really dumb wrong here.

I'm having this problem too except it's now happening with the default location as well. Not sure what's going on. From what I'm gathering as well if you open up say ClientFullBuild0.package and try to clone something it ends up with missing resources because it only grabbed stuff from the one package. The resources seem to be spread out between all of the ClienFullBuild packages so I'm at a loss for doing any cloning myself atm until Cmar can help us out.
Test Subject
#96 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 9:01 AM Last edited by oruda : 13th Sep 2014 at 10:03 AM. Reason: edit
Sorry guys, i am new to the mesh thingy. How do i get a .simgeom into Blender? There is no open nor import for that file type, no matter if it is Sim 3 or Sim 4?!?
Or do i HAVE to use another, certain program for that?
Test Subject
#97 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 9:59 AM
Hi ! I'm currently trying to duplicate a mesh and just recolor it, the point is we can't edit the DDS that correspond to the color selection for the recolor clothes.

@simeleon24, I'm not sure that's what you are looking for but you can download male and female body meshes to use in milkshape : https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=2e26...060D2FF66%21122
Instructor
#98 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 10:25 AM

Are you edits all LODs?
Instructor
#99 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 10:28 AM
@CmarNYC some feed back for you. First thanks for working on such a simple to use tool. I was able to use it straight out of the box with no trial and error practicing first,Good work!

Yesterday I re-created my working corset that I made for the Sims 3, using version 0_2_0_0 of your nifty mesh tools. Everything went ok, no problems, fabby tool. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=534238

This morning I tried doing something similar with a dress, to create a corset dress. I used the new version 0_4_0_0, but the resulting package crashed the game. I duplicated my steps exactly using version 0_2_0_0 again and this time it worked fine as before.

FifthAce2007

My Sims 2 creations are no longer supported. Regardless of what the individual post says, feel free to clone, recolour, chuck on a bonfire or mix in a blender! Just credit me/this site with the upload, and upload here only, thanks
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#100 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 1:25 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 13th Sep 2014 at 5:52 PM.
@Araenna, DFMcLeod: other people seem to have this problem too. Make sure you're using the Settings (File/Settings) to point to the folder with your FullBuild packages. I'll look into it also.

@FifthAce: Could you upload the package that causes crashing and the one that doesn't?

Locked thread | Locked by: CmarNYC Reason: Tool now in Downloads - comments should go there.
Page 4 of 36