Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 5:43 AM
Default Japanese
Okay Im born n raised in southern Us in alabama so do you think its weird that some people like japanese pop more than american ? My 2 fav singers are Utada Hikaru and Ayumi Hamasaki.Im a rocker at heart too. Everyone in my family arr country music freaks (which i love alot of it ) but im the only multicultural like person and they claim im not their child. But anyway I was wondering if anyone else liked foreign language music.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 9:53 AM
Absolutely. I love:

L'arc en Ciel, Yoko Ishida, ELT, Ali Project, Monoral (Japan)
DJ Doc (Korea)
Hameed Al Shaaree (sp?) (Algeria, I believe)
Hisham Abbas (India, I believe)
Gjallarhorn (Finland)
Gypsy Kings (Mexico)
Zap Mama (Belgian, African sound)

I often find a vitality and degree of innovation with overseas groups and performers that is too often lacking from 'domestic' music lately. Besides, music is a great way to begin understanding other cultures, so, go you, basically.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 1:26 PM
I love foreign music. I know the feeling, I'm from Chicago, urban Chicago and I'm a minority. My family claims me not to be of their blood when I'm listening to J-pop, J-rock, and Middle Eastern music. Though they tend to like J-rock as long as they aren't scream like in the song Kodou by Dir en Grey (Which is one of my favorite), they seem to accept Asian kung-fu band and Big bang though.
#4 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 2:29 PM
In my opinion, people in general are weird, LOL. Actually, I believe music is universal and transcends language barriers. It's great to see people who step outside the norm to discover something that speaks to them personally... even if they can't always understand what it's saying. ;D

Some of my favorite artists are Japanese: ART-SCHOOL, Quruli, Kokia, FAKE?, Salyu, Monoral, the Back Horn. I'm not so much into visual kei anymore, but I was a huge fan of Panic*CH, Phantasmagoria and PuppetMammy. Nothing against visual bands whose name begins with a different letter, of course.
retired moderator
#5 Old 23rd Jul 2008 at 10:31 PM
No more drama and off-topic-ness in this thread please! Thanks.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Banned
#6 Old 23rd Jul 2008 at 10:34 PM
*posts on topic now* Namie Amuro, Koda Kumi, Gackt, BoA....and I know there's more but those are the ones I like most currently and in that order, the order used to be different lol I also like music from other countries though I couldn't name an group/artist or really any song unless I was actually listening to it, Yay for techno :D
#7 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 5:29 PM
I love foreign music! I'm a huge music-lover so honestly, I don't think that the language really matters.

For Japanese music I have albums of Utada Hikaru and Ayumi Hamasaki but I'm not a huge fan of either. Orange Range is pretty good!

I'm more of a taiwanese fan. Fahrenheit, S.H.E, etc!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 1:49 PM
I love Japanese music, mostly because of my love for anime. My current favorite bands are Do as Infinity, The Brilliant Green, and Ikimono Gakari. All three bands have awesome female leads.

As for solo artists, I like YUI and Nana Kitade. I'm also starting to like Stephanie, because of Gundam 00.

Most of the Japanese artists I listen to are female, mostly because I'm a singer and I'm thinking of joining a Japanese music cover band, but I also listen to male artists/bands with male leads, like L'arc en Ciel, UVERworld, etc.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 11th Jan 2012 at 7:42 PM
The japanese music I like is most Jrock or Visual Kei.. but my favourit Jpop singers are Ayumi Hamasaki and Mika Nakashima.
When it comes to Jrock/Visual kei my favourit band must be Versailles but I like so manye bands xD It's all from An Cafe and Aicle to Matenrou Opera and ScReW so yeah I listen to a lot of bands in the Jrock/Visual Kei genre. x3
I also like korean pop music but that doesnt belong here xD

�Hanna. Come over to the J-rock side, we have men looking like women.
Proud Cafekko, ELF, ShaWol and S♥NE x3
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 11th Jan 2012 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eowyn24
The japanese music I like is most Jrock or Visual Kei.. but my favourit Jpop singers are Ayumi Hamasaki and Mika Nakashima.
When it comes to Jrock/Visual kei my favourit band must be Versailles but I like so manye bands xD It's all from An Cafe and Aicle to Matenrou Opera and ScReW so yeah I listen to a lot of bands in the Jrock/Visual Kei genre. x3
I also like korean pop music but that doesnt belong here xD

Mika?! DID YOU SAY MIKA!? WOOO WOOOOOOT!

Japanese music is the SHIZZ! I love Japanese music. And foreign music ^.^

Japanese: Mika Nakashima (I FREAKING LOVE HER! Don't be judging), Utada Hikaru, Ayumi Hamasaki, Nakahara Mai, Ai Shimizu, Gackt, Hyde, Dir En Grey, The Gazette, An Cafe, and Versailles

German: Rammstein

Korean: Big Bang, f(x), SNSD

But yeah, there are TONS more Did I mention I love Mika Nakashima? o.O

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 7:36 PM
Lots of J-Rock and JPop that I hear watching anime

Been downloading like crazy...so many great creators here! Neglecting forums...will be back soon...ish.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 11:22 AM
I am from the UK and Kpop and Jpop is my life. most notably BIGBANG, 2NE1, SNSD, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, AKB48 and Vocaloid!

Just had an awesome house party

ON THE SIMS
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 1:04 PM
When it comes to Japanese music, Angela Aki is my favorite. She is the voice behind FFXII's ending theme "Kiss Me Goodbye", Blood+'s ending theme "This Love", and recently Uchuu Kyoudai's ending theme "Kokuhaku", to name a few. She writes songs and plays piano (sometimes guitar) while singing and I found that amazing :lovestruc

btw my avatar is a Sim version of her
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 2:43 AM
Hmm I think I enjoy listening to japanese music more then any other though I will state I am versatile. Still a special place in my heart for Jpop, Jrock and I totally love my japanse vocaloids. . .on and did anyone say Mika!? Also any anime soundtracks. Can not get enough of it. Their guitarists our fricking gods at the art and their drummers too.

The New Face of the DAE Firms Is Lasira
Field Researcher
#15 Old 20th Dec 2012 at 5:18 AM
Crystal Kay is my favorite Japanese artist, and will always be my favorite. I listen to mostly R&B influenced artists that have a ting of Pop in them.

Now, you can hear the KPOP influences in JPOP which is okay, but a bit sad at the same time.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 27th Dec 2012 at 3:51 AM
I listen alot to trance myself, but i also like some tracks of ayumi hamasaki. Now i have to say that some tracks got remixed by above& beyond, ferry corsten, rank 1, armin van buuren, etc. There was also a cd released called ayutrance on the avex label, which contains remixed versions of some tracks of Ayumi, like Far Away.
Also, Ayumi has collaborated once with Ferry Corsten. He produced the track Connected, which was then released under the name ayu. Actually the track was first going to be released under an alias of ferry called east west, but then it was decided to team up with Ayumi. I like Connected and Kanariya myself. Too bad that Ayumi has something with her ears, somekind of disease or so.
I also like Yoji Biomehanika, but that;s a japanese dj and producer. Like his track A theme from banginglobe (especially the remix ferry did under his system f alias)
Theorist
#17 Old 27th Dec 2012 at 9:28 AM
I hardly listen to my "local songs" - and so does most of my classmates, so I don't see why it's weird to like a foreign artist more than local ones. My favorite Japanese artist is probably Vocaloid... though they don't count on the basis of not being real people