Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#626 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 12:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phoenixfire88
Uhm....the World is Semi-Open from where I stand. You can still run all over the common area of a neighborhood, just when you enter a lot there's loading.

Ney.

Not in my book. All the lots in each neighbourhoods require a loading screen apart from the public spaces. A semi open world to me would mean that I wouldn't have to be smacked in the face with a loading screen when ever I want my sim to visit the gym that might be right next to my sims house... Open public spaces don't make it a semi open world...
Advertisement
Test Subject
#627 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 12:15 PM
I really want townies to be able to make the first move, and initiate mildstones such as going steady or marriage, or even initiating woohoo. Even just the first kiss.
Alchemist
#628 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 12:29 PM
Oh, I know one. Make CAS easier to use than it is. It's just silly to add difficulty to something like that.
Field Researcher
#629 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by susieeg
I really want townies to be able to make the first move, and initiate mildstones such as going steady or marriage, or even initiating woohoo. Even just the first kiss.

In addition to this - noncommittal, flirty, Casanova townies. Ones that could cheat on you? (Only the ones with appropriate traits). It would be interesting to see them around town with multiple partners, getting caught, or just add an extra dimension to the relationship - if you want your sim to snag a sim of that type and be cheated on, it'd be nice to set precedent before you move that sim in and get control yourself. The only way to do this atm is to deliberately send 2 or more of your own Sims after one townie.

Check out The Moore Legacy, a Sims4 legacy blog.
Also - Stranded on Sixam Challenge... Can your sim live long-term on an alien planet?
Forum Resident
#630 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 12:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plumbobot
Ney.

Not in my book. All the lots in each neighbourhoods require a loading screen apart from the public spaces. A semi open world to me would mean that I wouldn't have to be smacked in the face with a loading screen when ever I want my sim to visit the gym that might be right next to my sims house... Open public spaces don't make it a semi open world...

Okay, then what is the difference between a Semi-Open and a Fully Open World to you? I'm not trying to fight with you, I just want to understand where your coming from with this.

....so says the Phoenix! ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Forum Resident
#631 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 2:19 PM
Okay, then what is the difference between a Semi-Open and a Fully Open World to you? I'm not trying to fight with you, I just want to understand where your coming from with this.

Sorry, if you two want to discuss that just between yourselves, but i agree with plumbobot. For me, semi-open would mean, that you don't have to load lots in your five-lot neighbourhood (because, what is the point of such few lots, when you have to load everyone of them anyways?) and just have loading screens, while visiting other neighbourhoods in the world (formally known as "neighbourhood"). They kind of made that with sims 3 pets on ps3 (only sims console game i've ever played, so i don't know, if it is the same with oher console sims games.).
Test Subject
#632 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 2:28 PM
The option to ask another sim a question. "What is your job? Are you single?"
TS2 and TS3 had this but it should be expanded on.
"How old are you?" would be helpful now it seems teens and adults will look more alike.

Sims should be smart enough to know what is appropriate attire...like, DON'T wear your hospital scrubs on a date. Actually I don't want to see sims in their work uniforms at all, unless they are at work.

I'd like to see some age restricted community lots. Like a hangout place for teens.
Field Researcher
#633 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 2:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mondenkind
Sorry, if you two want to discuss that just between yourselves, but i agree with plumbobot. For me, semi-open would mean, that you don't have to load lots in your five-lot neighbourhood (because, what is the point of such few lots, when you have to load everyone of them anyways?) and just have loading screens, while visiting other neighbourhoods in the world (formally known as "neighbourhood"). They kind of made that with sims 3 pets on ps3 (only sims console game i've ever played, so i don't know, if it is the same with oher console sims games.).

Having never actually adopted TS3 and its open world, I have to say I don't mind that much about loading screens - but I agree with your definition of "semi-open world". I'm still a bit confused about when exactly loading screens come into play in TS4, I've read the article but can't quite picture it in my head. I guess I'll figure it out when the game arrives.

Is anyone actually holding them to their promise of loading screens being 30 secs only in TS4? :P

Also - Stranded on Sixam Challenge... Can your sim live long-term on an alien planet?
Forum Resident
#634 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jendra9311
Having never actually adopted TS3 and its open world, I have to say I don't mind that much about loading screens - but I agree with your definition of "semi-open world". I'm still a bit confused about when exactly loading screens come into play in TS4, I've read the article but can't quite picture it in my head. I guess I'll figure it out when the game arrives.

Is anyone actually holding them to their promise of loading screens being 30 secs only in TS4? :P

I've needed a long time to get it, too, but it is actually quite simple (they just don't really want us to get it). So, say you take your sim on a walk. When you step outside your door and onto the street, leaving your property while doing so, you don't have a loading screen and you can walk on that street and use any objects in it's surroundings without loading them, as long as you stay in your neighbourhood. You can go back inside your house without loading, too. But when you want to visit your neighbour on a different lot, even though you see his house, you will get a loading screen and if you want to visit the park or whatever community lot, the same happens.

Edit: For me it seems as a mixture between TS3 and TS2, with a little more TS2 here. The difference to TS2 would be: time passes, while visiting other lots and you can walk on the street before your lot, so to say.
Field Researcher
#635 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 3:44 PM
I've needed a long time to get it, too, but it is actually quite simple (they just don't really want us to get it). So, say you take your sim on a walk. When you step outside your door and onto the street, leaving your property while doing so, you don't have a loading screen and you can walk on that street and use any objects in it's surroundings without loading them, as long as you stay in your neighbourhood. You can go back inside your house without loading, too. But when you want to visit your neighbour on a different lot, even though you see his house, you will get a loading screen and if you want to visit the park or whatever community lot, the same happens.

That's... Weird. Really close to being a semi-open world (by the above definition) and yet not quite there.

Going off onto something else - I wonder if we'll have that thing from TS2 (and TS3?) where, on your Sims birthday, you also grow up any NPCs the birthday Sim knew...

Field Researcher
#636 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jendra9311
That's... Weird. Really close to being a semi-open world (by the above definition) and yet not quite there.

Going off onto something else - I wonder if we'll have that thing from TS2 (and TS3?) where, on your Sims birthday, you also grow up any NPCs the birthday Sim knew...

TS3 didn't have that; it had global aging and so will TS4. They've already confirmed you have the option to turn it on (everyone* not in the family you're playing ages automatically) or off (no one ages at all like TS2). People are pretty upset they have this and not story progression and even though I loathe SP with every fiber of my being, I agree they should be upset because one doesn't really go without the other. I once played TS2 with SP off and aging on and it was pretty ridiculous because the hood ages and suddenly everyone is an adult or elder and they die off and no one replaces them. In TS4 if you turn aging on you'll have to go into all those other aging sims' homes and make them have children in order to continue the neighborhood.

* I'm not sure about townies (AKA homeless sims). I don't even know if there were any in TS3 because I didn't play it very much.

-I think a lot of us were looking forward to a semi-open world, where each district was completely open (no loading screens) but it would take a loading screen to venture off to a different district. That way venues/community areas could be full and bustling, unlike TS3 where they weren't because the game had to process the entire open world and couldn't send too many sims to one lot.

At this point I say we scratch this thread and move on to 'Simple thing you want in Sims 5' since nothing we really want appears to be in TS4.
Scholar
#637 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by susieeg

A nice idea, but I'd be worried with the developers going over the top with it, especially making the first move. Sort of like in The Sims 3 where half the town was sending my sim creepy stalker messages and wanting to get to know them better.

I think I'm mainly paranoid with them ruining my own plans for my Sims, because I'm a complete control freak with it all.
Scholar
#638 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrChillgood
I actually want the Comfort motive back, much as I hated it in TS1 when I had a constantly-achy Sim spiral into the usual depression / house fire / burning to death un-fun. You sleep the same amount on the Backbreaker 9000 as the Cloud Nine Hover-Foam Mattress, but the Backbreaker leaves you achy and unable to do much physical activity. Always thought it was somewhat broken to have the best bed allow you to sleep five hours a night without any ill effects while the cheapo beds required you to sleep nine hours to avoid the morning-wrecking "Bad Night's Sleep" moodlet..

I do miss the comfort and environment bars. They were a pain in the ass but they made the game more challenging, and since decorating is my second favourite thing in the game to do, it was a pretty big part of the game for me. I was reading this article about the Sims only being there to test the house originally and it made me all nostalgic for Sims 1 again. That seems to be happening a lot these days.

As for something simple that I would like to see in the game....I love the fireflies in the swamp in Twinbrook. They add a lot to the atmosphere and probably don't take too much work on the development end.
Forum Resident
#639 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 5:52 PM

Ah, I understand, thank you.

Scholar
#640 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suelorcha
The option to ask another sim a question. "What is your job? Are you single?"
TS2 and TS3 had this but it should be expanded on.
"How old are you?" would be helpful now it seems teens and adults will look more alike.

Didn't TS3 have the option to ask about Age? Although that may have come with an EP or patch...

C-A
Scholar
#641 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 2:23 PM Last edited by DrChillgood : 25th Jul 2014 at 9:12 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
Didn't TS3 have the option to ask about Age? Although that may have come with an EP or patch...

C-A

Would actually be useful in TS4 seeing as we have school-adults.

There should not be a hard line between friend and non-friend. It was always annoying to get "Lost A Friend" because of a joke that fell flat or being unable to stay in touch during the week because of conflicting work schedules. Now combine that with the emotions system - your Sim goes into full-on Mope Mode for a day*.

It should be more gradual. No longer will a relationship at 39.5 mean an Acquaintance you keep at arm's length while 40 means a Friend you can trust. It's just as you go from 0 to 40, you would have a higher chance of more "close-friend-only" socials being accepted out of context, and as you go from 0 to -20 (which is where "Disliked" kicks in), it gets easier and easier to make an enemy.

If they bring back the Friend Requirement, enemies should count too.

*The best thing to do would be to get rid of relationship decay altogether. The second-best thing would be to not have this load-of-crap moodlet in the first place. The third-best thing would be to make it much shorter-lasting and weaker, especially for friendships lost to relationship decay as opposed to arguments.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Test Subject
#642 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 7:46 PM
Everything just plain more realistic.
Lab Assistant
#643 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 8:11 PM
I want the Sims game put back into 4. I do not want Leisure Suit Larry PG13. Past mad, now into bitter. Oh goodie for munchkin game design, EA you should know better, Atari never came back from when they did that. You as a company know that, you won the crown from then and now here you are doing the same shit just a different day. Sad, and bitter yes I am.
Top Secret Researcher
#644 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 8:13 PM
Family interactions. Siblings autonomously playing with siblings, the house pets, getting into arguments, parents playing with kids, etc. From everything they've shown off, and the lack of toddlers and teen heights being the same as adults, I sincerely feel like they don't *want* you to play families. They want you to have party sims and hip roommates and throw crazy shindigs. No, EA. Not everyone is 18-21 and looking to have a freakin' kegger. I *love* playing families and you're pretty much giving me every reason to dislike TS4.

I LOATHE the fact that teens are the same heights as adults. This throws me off completely. With that said, I would love to see things like in previous games. Helping with homework, scolding them when they do bad things or sneak out during curfew etc. The height thing in general makes it feel like teens don't have an identity of their own. They're just adult-children. Buhhhh.
Forum Resident
#645 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DDOAndora
I want the Sims game put back into 4. I do not want Leisure Suit Larry PG13. Past mad, now into bitter. Oh goodie for munchkin game design, EA you should know better, Atari never came back from when they did that. You as a company know that, you won the crown from then and now here you are doing the same shit just a different day. Sad, and bitter yes I am.

I LOVE it when people are psychic and know already exactly how the game is going to be even though its not released yet and nobody even had the chance to play it. Quick tell me the next set of lotto numbers ! And wasn't the downfall of Atari a bit more complex than that?

On topic I want to be able to bath the babies in the sink again, that animation was adorable!

Lab Assistant
#646 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 9:05 PM
I actually like the way they seem to have streamlined movement between lots and things in general. I just think it's going to hurt a lot to leave all the features we had in Sims 3 in the end behind - similar to the transition between Sims 2 and 3. As for a simple thing I'd like to see: less annoying AI-automated actions such as putting toddlers in the wrong bed (oh, wait a second, I'm actually 100% sure that won't happen), watching TV while someone is sleeping in the same room, playing PC without end...

What would be cool would be if they made eating together easier - with Sims actually given the ability to wait until everyone has a plate or setting up the table for everyone. It's a really weird little feature to request, but considering interactions over supper or lunch are a big deal in real life, this could make chats between sims a lot less stilted.
Top Secret Researcher
#647 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by monsterfurby
I actually like the way they seem to have streamlined movement between lots and things in general. I just think it's going to hurt a lot to leave all the features we had in Sims 3 in the end behind - similar to the transition between Sims 2 and 3. As for a simple thing I'd like to see: less annoying AI-automated actions such as putting toddlers in the wrong bed (oh, wait a second, I'm actually 100% sure that won't happen), watching TV while someone is sleeping in the same room, playing PC without end...

What would be cool would be if they made eating together easier - with Sims actually given the ability to wait until everyone has a plate or setting up the table for everyone. It's a really weird little feature to request, but considering interactions over supper or lunch are a big deal in real life, this could make chats between sims a lot less stilted.

Totally agree with this! If they're part of a family and all sims are in the home at the same time, maybe they can do a "Call to meal", and they can sit and wait until all sims are at the table before eating. I would love that.

In TS2 / TS3 I have to plan out "Okay, you're making dinner, and you take a shower. That'll be just enough time for you to maybe make it to the table at the same time."
Forum Resident
#648 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rinarunine
Totally agree with this! If they're part of a family and all sims are in the home at the same time, maybe they can do a "Call to meal", and they can sit and wait until all sims are at the table before eating. I would love that.

In TS2 / TS3 I have to plan out "Okay, you're making dinner, and you take a shower. That'll be just enough time for you to maybe make it to the table at the same time."

But in Sims 2, Sims do set the table and there is a "call to meal function". Sims 3 was the one where Sims cook a meal for the whole family....and then take a plate for themselves, leaving the rest on the kitchen counter so that each Sim had to walk there and get in a giant traffic jam around the kitchen counter, while the first Sim finished their meal and left. And people talk about Sims 4 looking unfinished, Sims 3 was shoddy as hell!

Top Secret Researcher
#649 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 9:28 PM
But in Sims 2, Sims do set the table and there is a "call to meal function". Sims 3 was the one where Sims cook a meal for the whole family....and then take a plate for themselves, leaving the rest on the kitchen counter so that each Sim had to walk there and get in a giant traffic jam around the kitchen counter, while the first Sim finished their meal and left. And people talk about Sims 4 looking unfinished, Sims 3 was shoddy as hell!

I was more thinking about TS3, you're absolutely right. There is a call to meal for TS2 and I love that about TS2. They even put a plate of food down for each family member. I don't want a repeat of colliding sims in TS4 when they're all starving and can't get to the meal. It's the little things, EA. The little things is why I play TS2.
Test Subject
#650 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 4:11 AM
One Word - Toddlers. I've heard there won't be any toddlers in TS4 !!! I love teaching and playing with toddlers, I thought they were so fun! This is a bummer for me, I might not even consider buying the game if there aren't any toddlers. Although I probably will anyway.
Page 26 of 29