Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#676 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 2:42 PM
I would like to not have to use a hack to prevent sims from going upstairs or downstairs to use an object when another object they can use is on that same floor.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#677 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 5:20 AM
You should be able to have platonic relationships, frenemies and non-binary sims.
Scholar
#678 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 4:07 PM Last edited by DrChillgood : 14th Aug 2014 at 10:07 PM.
Another idea I just had - Friendships should work like Romantic Interests. They're forever until you break them off.

All Friends decay to Distant Friends, and at that point you can choose to re-connect (becoming Friends again) or go your separate ways (becoming Acquaintances again). No more mood-killing "Lost A Friend" "From Neglect" moodlet. It, along with the wish to "Be Friends With (Former Friend)", only served to light a fire under the player's ass to get back in touch with the former friend.

Or, you can do it the mean way, breaking it off in their face, with a "We're Through!" interaction. The target of this interaction receives the "Lost A Friend" moodlet and becomes a disliked or enemy. You will be the recipient of this if you rudely (instead of nicely) blow off invitations too much, insult them too much, or consistently act like a lout when over at their house.

Dolt keeps calling you but you can't stand him? "We're Through!" Oaf breaks your TV? "We're Through!"

You should also be able to nicely or rudely break off Romantic Interests. Your friend who you just can't see as a lover? Let him down nicely. The dirty old man who eyes up all young women? Break him!

Friendships decaying and them returning to people you keep at arm's length - one of the worst features of the series since the beginning.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Lab Assistant
#679 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:04 PM
dimples
acne
awkward piercings
option between smart phone and flip phone

yeah.
also it's already been said but i love sims rags to riches gameplay so "grunge" or "dirty" items would be really nice.
One Minute Ninja'd
#680 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 11:11 PM
Fun. They seemed to have omitted it in this go around.
Scholar
#681 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 4:27 AM Last edited by DrChillgood : 15th Aug 2014 at 5:21 PM.
The "Teens Looking Like Adults" is a problem. Hit on someone only to find the option doesn't exist because they're too young or too old for you...

Solution 1: Separate clothes by "teen" and "YA+", with the exception of stuff like plain shirts and pajamas which are not age-specific. Make it work like the outfit categories - even though you can cancel the "Formal" outfit filter to make your formal outfit a tank top and sweaty sweatpants, I doubt you will see NPCs/Townies/other unplayed Sims showing up to your dinner party in such an outfit (barring an "Inappropriate" trait). No more elders in teen clothes or teens in adult clothes unless you dressed them that way (you can still cancel the filter).

Solution 2: Make teens short again. This would also solve the problem of little children suddenly growing to adult height teens.

Solution 3: If we have teens look and dress like adults, we might as well have them act like adults. Drop out of high school (since all it does is send your Sim to the void and give him/her goals and homework), focus full time on the formerly part-time job, and allow WooHoo since they look fully mature. No more teens, now we have Younger Adults.

The ideal: Combine 1 and 2. Child -> short teen / middle school student -> tall teen / high school student that by default dresses age-appropriately.

And make the tall teens less lanky.

3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Mad Poster
#682 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 4:28 AM
Baby barbeques. Mmm... babies...

Oh, and pools, so you guys can finally get to drowning your sims because it's quite obviously impossible to drown them in the other three installments.
Scholar
#683 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 3:08 PM
Two more things:

- The problem with adults/elders not looking that much older than YAs - it's because YA skin is so flawless and youthful. YAs should have a mature skin texture, and adults/elders should have more aged skin. Looks like a job for default replacements.

- Food spoilage. We shouldn't go straight from good to rotten. Slightly off food should only cause nausea for Snobs, while the grossest Sims would be able to stomach rotten food.

Lab Assistant
#684 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 9:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HCAC
I'm sick of how they can just call up for a job and "join" a career and get a job.
More realistically, have Sims try to get a job and FAIL sometimes. Make them go on job interviews and if they fail to have what it takes, let that make their mood plunge.
"Poor Bill won't get out of bed because he got a rejection letter/email from his dream job at The Salon..."

"Marie can't pay the bills today because she's been rejected from the last three interviews she went on at the Police Station."

Then Marie or Bill have to improve their skills to get a foot in the door.

You get it.

My apologizes if someone already posted this.

I'd love this, skill up a tad to get the job in the first place!
Test Subject
#685 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 12:55 PM
better pathfinding between Sim interactions.

Granted I haven't seen much else then the Twitch streams, and there is no Pets exp (yet?) but a Sim taking all that time to position themselves directly in front of their dog/cat just drove me nuts in S2, slightly better in S3 but not much.
Mad Poster
#686 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 11:41 AM
Top Secret Researcher
#687 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 9:08 AM
An actual game, not a bag of bugs.
Test Subject
#688 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 11:54 AM
- Cars
- A stable game that does not crash or lag
- Less stupid sims
- Normal careers
- Improved high free will (no more addiction to sprinklers or ice creams please)
Scholar
#689 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 12:11 PM
Sims who react when other sims in the room die :0

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Falco - The original Prombat
Scholar
#690 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 12:46 PM
Card games. Fun, great for the family & relationships and building the logic or games skill. (Or...whatever skill) You can also cheat, too. As well as that, you can play for money too.
Scholar
#691 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 1:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IrishA03
Card games. Fun, great for the family & relationships and building the logic or games skill. (Or...whatever skill) You can also cheat, too. As well as that, you can play for money too.
Oh man I second this.

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Falco - The original Prombat
Test Subject
#692 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IrishA03
Card games. Fun, great for the family & relationships and building the logic or games
skill. (Or...whatever skill) You can also cheat, too. As well as that, you can play for money too.

I don't think they can put gambling in there and retain T rating.
I may be wrong (but it's very unlikely) cause here we have PEGI.
Still, playing cards is a nice idea .
Forum Resident
#693 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tuney
An actual game, not a bag of bugs.

So the opposite of Sims 3? I agree!

Sadly my wish of Sims serving a meal and setting the table like in Sims 2 was not fulfilled
Oh well, lots of other wishes were

....so says the Phoenix! ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Forum Resident
#694 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 2:23 PM
Daycare and a bus transit system!! OMG yes please!! I know these probably won't happen (unless we get Daycare as an EP which gloms in toddlers... there's an idea... lol) and Apartments as well that let you switch between families without having to go back to the main screen. I think with those in, I'd be pretty happy, although in the other thread they're talking about an OFB ep and I"d really like to see that- I love OFB in TS2 and since I only play TS2, I want a lot of those things added in...
Scholar
#695 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 3:35 PM
If sims could buy bottles of water, fizzy drinks, even "juice". Then they would get it from their inventory (are there inventories?), and drink it. Small, but a nice touch.
Instructor
#696 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 3:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheZimino
I don't think they can put gambling in there and retain T rating.
I may be wrong (but it's very unlikely) cause here we have PEGI.
Still, playing cards is a nice idea .

Why not? It's in Sims 2. I don't remember which expansion it came with, maybe LN or BV. I was playing just the other day, and I put a gambling table in my Sims' house and other Sims played it, betting against one another, and my household made money from it, so I'm thinking of letting that family open a gambling establishment with the Open for Business feature of that game. See? Sims 2 has so many cool things. Other things added to the game after Open for Business were allowed to be a business for the Sims, so I would agree with most people here that that expansion was the best.

Is it not better to be counted among the strange rather than the incurably stupid? ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Theorist
#697 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 7:04 PM
*I wanted teleporters that can be autonomously used so that sims can autonomously access teleport-only places, such as a floating building. In TS3, it had to be done manually.
*Opting out of bringing friends home from work. My house is not disneyland, so why are you trying to hang out there?
*Request dog to cover up hole that he dug. Dog can perform citizen's arrest on burglars, and dogs can meet up to perform patrols on neighborhood.
*Grim Reaper does not use iPad to register dead sim into eternal archives that are, apparenty, run on supernatural servers.
Top Secret Researcher
#698 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 7:57 PM Last edited by 310175 : 30th Aug 2014 at 11:58 PM.
These might not count as "simple" since everything seems "too hard" for this game but what I would have liked.

Story Progression that works (EA developers, why don't you get some tips from Pescado and Twallan on how things can be done!) and can be turned off completely for those who like that sort of thing,
cached CaSt that doesn't have to load new everything every time you open it,
Open Worlds that went through quality control BEFORE they are released. If ellacharmed can fix it, so should quality control. So, no more routing snafus, a world editor that doesn't mess things up, etc.,
Multitasking that deserves the name,
directional and situational awareness,
a choice between rabbitholes or open lots for work and/or other community lots,
fun values on objects that aren't completely overdone like they were on sprinklers, computers, etc. ,
decent path finding without clipping,
all life stages and maybe an extra one, because this is a NEW iteration, so maybe it would be appropriate to IMPROVE on previous installments.
Scholar
#699 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 10:07 PM
For sims to build charisma skill while talking.
Mad Poster
#700 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 11:28 PM
Simple thing I want from the Sim's community: To put down our swords and remember that we are all Simmers. As for the game itself? Not sure yet and I probably won't really know how important any feature is to me until I start playing it. I'm a little worried about dying from hysteria.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Page 28 of 29