Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 11:20 AM
Default Thread and forum subscriptions. How do they work?
I feel dumber than a pile of rocks for even asking this question, but since it doesn't seem to work, here I am.

In all the years I've been on forums that have offered the option to receive emails when a thread is replied to, it is a simple process. A person can choose from a garden variety of options to suit them. Anything from never being sent a e-mail to getting immediate e-mails, just like the options here. I have my options set to getting immediate e-mails and yet I never get them.

My e-mail address is working as I get PM notices. Am I missing something?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 12:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
I feel dumber than a pile of rocks for even asking this question, but since it doesn't seem to work, here I am.

In all the years I've been on forums that have offered the option to receive emails when a thread is replied to, it is a simple process. A person can choose from a garden variety of options to suit them. Anything from never being sent a e-mail to getting immediate e-mails, just like the options here. I have my options set to getting immediate e-mails and yet I never get them.

My e-mail address is working as I get PM notices. Am I missing something?

I think you have to subscribe to threads you want to get emails from. But I am not sure.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 12:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
I think you have to subscribe to threads you want to get emails from. But I am not sure.

I've done that. I don't know if I need to allow emails from admins to make it work? I honestly have no clue.
dodgy builder
#4 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 1:28 PM
I just click on the new posts under user tools, and that works if I subscribe to threads or hole forums.
Site Helper
#5 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 8:25 PM
The only e-mail notifications I get are for new PMs. I have to come to the site and check for new posts to see new replies to a thread I'm subscribed to. I know that several years ago the subscription e-mail was declared to be broken and not very high on the to-do list, so I've been living with it. It may still be broken?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
If it isn't broken, I can't figure it out. I spent all morning messing with it and I haven't gotten a e-mail all day. There is plenty of activity to be had on the TS4 boards as it is patch day. No biggie, but it would be a nice feature to have. It saves time....

I know a hotmailaddress doesn't work, but as you get pm notifications idk. Now you mention it, it has been a while since I got an email. But I received them in the last few months I am sure.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)