Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#326 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TofuSnorlax
Made my own ruffle trim for the sofa and chair by scrunching the heck out of the original texture.

Those folded fabric ruffles look awesome.

We have been stuck too long with "New Mesh" as the apex of creation.
_ WesHowe
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#327 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 12:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by d4RE
Those folded fabric ruffles look awesome.

Thanks, I'm in love with them Might even delete the first few recolors I did without ruffles because they just don't live up to the cuteness now!

Quote: Originally posted by LFact
Testing with fabric overlay from patterncooler.com. Due to stretching, I don't think patterns work well, unless they are plaids. Oh, maybe it's the beginning of my coloring madness... :D

It looks fine to me. Does the mapping of the mesh actually stretch the pattern, or maybe you just need to give it a bigger image to work with? Maybe you can tile the pattern first (thankfully it's seamless) to get it to a bigger image size before you place it over your object.

I'm so impressed with how well patterncooler.com's textures look on my couches (most of the credit probably goes to that sweet fabric twill overlay), I think they have so much potential for other objects! Don't give up! Play around with the opacity and size of the "fabric twill" before you download the texture. Try a different pattern. Maybe you can find the perfect fit for your recolors.

On the 3-seater couch I'm working with, the third cushion's texture gets flipped horizontally, so unfortunately some prints are impossible to work with if they look different mirrored. That's how my gold and black checkered couch turned into a diagonally checkered couch, but it looks even cuter this way.
Instructor
#328 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TofuSnorlax

It looks fine to me. Does the mapping of the mesh actually stretch the pattern, or maybe you just need to give it a bigger image to work with? Maybe you can tile the pattern first (thankfully it's seamless) to get it to a bigger image size before you place it over your object.

I'm so impressed with how well patterncooler.com's textures look on my couches (most of the credit probably goes to that sweet fabric twill overlay), I think they have so much potential for other objects! Don't give up! Play around with the opacity and size of the "fabric twill" before you download the texture. Try a different pattern. Maybe you can find the perfect fit for your recolors.

On the 3-seater couch I'm working with, the third cushion's texture gets flipped horizontally, so unfortunately some prints are impossible to work with if they look different mirrored. That's how my gold and black checkered couch turned into a diagonally checkered couch, but it looks even cuter this way.

The mapping actually stretch the pattern. mustluvcatz provides PSD file for cushion recolor, so you can see how (not) the pattern may work if you are going to apply any. For 'canvas' texture, I had to 'squash' it(i.e.: make a 512*1024 texture, resize it to 432*432) to make it look less stretched.
Mad Poster
#329 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 1:49 AM
Making some random poses

It's windy today...

(I forgot to do NoAnim on the hair bones, but that's fixed now)

And the start of a baby posing project I've had in the back of my mind since long before I knew how to pose babies...
Top Secret Researcher
#330 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 3:09 AM Last edited by fway : 4th Aug 2018 at 3:43 AM. Reason: Added pictures
I converted the "Bustable Windows" from TS3. So far I'm only halfway done with the set. I've finished making the two tile windows (pictured are "one tile" windows centered on two tiles along with other two tile modifications of the original). They all have a master mesh, and comes with optional window decals for businesses (some not pictured). The decals feature images from http://openclipart.org/ with exception to a couple.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#331 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 3:42 AM
Forum Resident
#332 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 12:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
A few more poses

They are. THE CUTEST. poses ever. I neeeeeed <3
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#333 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 12:40 PM
I thought you said baby poses Simmer22? They look like toddlers - is that right? Very nice poses btw.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#334 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 5:53 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 5th Aug 2018 at 6:19 PM.
I've always wanted carseat poses, because getting the rotation and placement for the baby perfect when using the bouncy baby toy as a base is a nightmare (I've tried doing this on multiple items - some worked, others just didn't want to look right).

The poses I've made so far are a mix between toddler and baby poses. Some work for both, some work best for toddlers, while some are specifically made for babies. Babies don't have a poseable skeleton, so they'll have to make do with the toddler skeleton (not by any means a perfect fit, and their hands get a little screwed up because there's something weird with the thumb joint, but so far it's the best solution I've found).

I've made poses before, but some of them ended up not working quite the way I'd liked because I most likely got some of the rotation and placement wrong while making them. The global VS local rotation plus the universal rotate/move joints are too easy to mix up, and a lot of the older baby poses ended up needing OMSPs for proper placement. I also had troubles with child poses - I suspect I kept mixing between the global and local rotation, but after reading all the 'fine print' on the tutorials I realized it's supposed to be local rotation only.
Top Secret Researcher
#335 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 5:15 AM Last edited by fway : 6th Aug 2018 at 6:03 AM. Reason: Forgot about the arches
Got a couple doors and the rest of the single tile windows done. I want to make a solid arch and windowed version of the door.

There's also a centered two tile version of the single arch.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#336 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 12:07 PM
Very neat - I'm wondering now what I could use them for.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Top Secret Researcher
#337 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 3:37 PM Last edited by fway : 6th Aug 2018 at 11:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Very neat - I'm wondering now what I could use them for.

Thank you. I want to make these as versatile as possible, I found a way about getting textures on glass (which was very exciting), which is why I extracted the wireframe texture from the TS3 window. Then, I figured this would be perfect for businesses with all the empty space on the bottom of the window, so I added decals, pertaining to businesses we have/can have with expansions. I have .psd templates made up for this, so if anyone wanted to make new decals, they could.

Edit: I got one glass door made to test.

Test Subject
#338 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 3:22 PM
the sims 2 beta vibes
Getting better!
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#339 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 4:36 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 7th Aug 2018 at 6:54 PM.
Getting a little closer to the finish line with the car seats (here modeled by Lily and Aidan)

Still have a lot of recoloring and posing left, though.
(The original car seats are by YoSimSima, a TS3 creator - 2FW converted one of them for TS2 a while ago, but I needed to do some changes and edits so I ended up making new versions).
Test Subject
#340 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spendel
Getting better!
That looks really nice! I also attempted to remade Brandi Hair but i dont have much experience with texturing lol.
Screenshots
Scholar
#341 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 5:43 PM
I made a mod that should stop the lightning from giving your sims a scorched face,hair and outfit http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...70&goto=newpost.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#342 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spendel
Getting better!

Ah! You asked for that dress on GOS, right? I was going to offer to do it, but I saw someone got there before I did
Mad Poster
#343 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 8:03 AM
Getting a little closer to the finish line with the car seats (here modeled by Lily and Aidan)

Still have a lot of recoloring and posing left, though.
(The original car seats are by YoSimSima, a TS3 creator - 2FW converted one of them for TS2 a while ago, but I needed to do some changes and edits so I ended up making new versions).

Are these going to be usable for babies to sleep in?
Inventor
#344 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 11:54 AM
In my quest of remodeling a lot to use as my orphanage, I finally found one suitable (I picked this one and used the LotAdjuster to make it bigger) and it turned out great.

I still have a lot of work to do on the inside, like adding furniture, then making my sims to live in this house, but I'm pretty happy with it .

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#345 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Are these going to be usable for babies to sleep in?

Not really - they're just for posing. Previously I wanted them to be used as the bouncy seat toy but getting the positioning right is hard.
Scholar
#346 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 2:14 PM
Not really - they're just for posing. Previously I wanted them to be used as the bouncy seat toy but getting the positioning right is hard.

How do you position them?
Mad Poster
#347 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 2:35 PM
For bouncy seat items I do it by changing settings in SimPE and with a lot of patience (because it takes quite a lot of trips in and out of the game to get it right).
For the poseable version, with a posebox.
Scholar
#348 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 4:25 PM
For bouncy seat items I do it by changing settings in SimPE and with a lot of patience (because it takes quite a lot of trips in and out of the game to get it right).
For the poseable version, with a posebox.

What kind of settings did you change. Did you mean the animations?
Mad Poster
#349 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 5:08 PM
The position/rotation controls in the CRES, for the slot the baby sticks to.
Scholar
#350 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 5:30 PM
The position/rotation controls in the CRES, for the slot the baby sticks to.

Why is it hard to get the positioning right?
Page 14 of 22