Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 5:18 PM
Default Cloning and modifying pediments?
Sorry if the title was not clear or well articulated, basically what I would like to do, is grab one of the pediments from the game and make it a tiny bit higher or change the textures (textures for the "stream of consciousness" pediment and the mesh for the fee fie foe fence).

Unfortunately, I cannot find either of these items in the S3OC list. Where can I locate and extract the contents of this package?

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 9:35 PM
*bump* I've found the "stream of consciousness" pediment in S3PE it seems to be listed under "fence mortar...", I have tried extracting img files, editing them in adobe and re-importing them into the fullbuild2 package, but everytime I go to save the thing it crashes, so I am assuming this is not the correct way to go about this.

Still need some insight...
Alchemist
#3 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 12:42 AM
You shouldn't be changing the original game archive files, particularly FullBuild2 (it's uncompressed size exceeds the file offset 32-bit size). To do so is unnecessary to get what you want done.

Put the original FullBuild2.package file back. Put your modified images in a new .package file, using their original TGI values. If you haven't already, follow the modding instructions on how to get the game to recognize mods. Put your new .package file in one of the new directories, mod/packages or mods/test, and then run the game and look for your changes.

By retaining the original TGI values, your new images will replace the ones in FullBuild2 without changing the original (which will make your game unpatchable). When your new package is removed, the game will revert to the originals.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 2:29 PM
wow, that's it, just create a new package with only the img files, or do I have to go after the other files as well (I just edited the color on the pediment)

By the way, do you have any idea how I could find the "fee fie foe" fence? I looked through all full build packages (except 1) a couple times and looked in S3OC but |I still can't find it...:/
Alchemist
#5 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 7:29 PM
See the mini-tutorial Srikandi prepared here. It is pertinent to what you want to do.

And yes, it's that simple. When a second file with the same entity (as in the same TGI values) and a higher priority is loaded, it will replace the original in game.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.