Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#226 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 8:38 AM
So far this challenge has been really fun for me . I started out with a female teen (who's a fairy) and her baby sister (who's a vampire).

My story is that my teenager and toddler (now a child) is the children of a fairy and vampire. The fairy tribe tolerate them at first because they're only child was a fairy, a dark fairy but a fairy. When the teens little sister was born and the fairy counsel discovered that she was born more vampire then fairy the girls parents were killed and they were forced to flee or be killed like their parents.

Hope you don't mind my few changes. I'll try and post some pictures later .
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#227 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 7:26 AM
A long time ago, I posed about my runaway, Sage Joshua
I got way more attached than anticipated, and now, it's a legacy. Technically, I was following all of the legacy rules except the lot rule.
Recently, my runaway died, and I thought I'd drop by with a short summary of her life.

Her death actually tore me up quite a bit. I really did get attached.

Scarlett. 15. Sims obsessed. Mermaid at heart.
Test Subject
#228 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 1:21 AM
My girl went to the junkyard but the junk were BIG rocks HELP!!
Test Subject
#229 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 1:47 AM
TRYING THIS Now ...
Test Subject
#230 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 2:35 AM
Can their boyfriend move in with them??
Field Researcher
#231 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 1:41 AM
Theres a new mod that charges for taxi on this site
Lab Assistant
#232 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 3:47 AM
I actually chose to do my first Let's Play, and I did this challenge!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCD...eature=youtu.be

Scarlett. 15. Sims obsessed. Mermaid at heart.
Test Subject
#233 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 12:25 PM
This challenge was really fun. I created this little ghetto runaway Rainy who didn't want to get involved in the family business of drug dealing, and so she ran far and fast until coming to a stop in the Lucky Palms. She settled on the outskirts of the city and mostly went out at night, having the night owl trait and not all too keen on being seen by too many people. The only time she actually went to interact with people was during the town season festival, and she soon figured out that she can both get a free meal by participating in hot-dog eating festivals (those being her salvation before the plants grew), and collect lots and lots of wild flowers, some of which could fetch quiet a sum. The hygiene thing was pretty tough until she figured out that gym showers are free. With getting some money for the flowers, she had finally managed to build a small shack, and only after that had she finally bought herself some respectable clothes and went to enroll in the local school. She still couldn't afford to actually go there more than twice per week, but at least now she could hope to get some education, however patchy it might be. It almost became a disaster when in school she met this boy, Hanson Gilbert, and fell in love with him... and, well, that's how her little daughter Daisy happened. Luckily, Hanson's father happened to have Good and Family-oriented traits, so when she gave birth, he accepted his granddaughter and daughter-in-law. The next day she became a young adult, could now get a normal job, interact with people, had a daughter and a loving husband to raise her with, and overall life strated to look bright.

That was quite an enlightening experience. I actually loved my little Rainy, how, despite having literally nothing, no money, no support, she managed to become so happy. It was actually awful at the beginning, where, on top of having no money, she had the negative -50 mourning moodlet (I haven't managed to create a teen-only household in CAS, so in the end I settled on creating an old sim and having them age and die immediately... right before Rainy), so her mood had always been angry orange/red the first two days. But after that she had stayed so cheerful and optimistic, had found the strength to gain knowledge and allow herself to fall in love, and how in the end she finally managed to trust one adult - her sweetheart's father - and he hadn't let her down. That was awesome!

I wonder, though, how would I play the game if the love interest's parents didn't have the Good and Family traits. Would LI get disowned and move in to the shack? Or would he abandon his Runaway girl and their kid? That would be challenging - and heartbreaking. Would she have to give up her kid in the hopes that adoption would provide him/her with better home?

On the unrelated note, those 600$ flowers, though, do make everything SO much easier. And yes, free food at the festival lot. Also, it's actually pretty easy to start at the beginning of summer, because it's warm and vegetables are ripe for harvesting. I wonder, though, if I start at the beginning of winter, if my Sim would be able to even live though, never mind get a home and family. Yeah, probably, next time I am tweaking a season, see it's possible not to freeze to death.
Test Subject
#234 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 12:25 AM
Hello! I just started up my own runaway teen challenge with a twist. Well, not much of a big one.
My runaway teen is not much of a runaway, but more likely of a I-got-crashed-runaway. His name is Zeon Cosmoses, a blue alien sim living in the wilderness of Hidden Springs...
I'm currently on day 2, and the poor guys already starving and all. He caught a fish, and there was a random townie who talked to him. It was uncomfortable. For everyone.
Test Subject
#235 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 5:13 PM
i managed to get whoohooer to work, i am starting the challenge but with 2 sims (sisters). these are my sims: Tirza and Molly the wild. there mother was a slave. to feed her children she stole food out of the kitchen where she cooked for her mister and mistres. one nicht she was cought, the children where forsed to watch there mother burn to death and there was nothing they coude do about it. they wanted to burn the children too but Tirza managed to escape with Molly. now they are on the run for there mother's mister and mistres. tirza is frendly, good, a natual cook and a vertuso. Molly is frendly, good and neat.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#236 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 1:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Celeb
Actually if you go behind the school where the "Football" Field is you can easily plop something down there ,I have supernatural and I've put the Vault of Antiquity there, but as seeing that you ARE a runaway and to HOPEFULLY soon to be building yourself a little shack of your own I guess that'd draw attention. Sims all gossiping saying: HEY! There's some crazy chick(or guy) in the middle of the football field!

Question: Can we play without mods? My computer has file issues and I don't understand the process or what else you need to download before downloading a mod.
i thout i couldent play with mods, but dit it anyway, it just makes it a little bit harder.
Lab Assistant
#237 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 3:51 PM
This seems like a pretty fun challenge. Are you allowed to use the bathrooms in the dive bars in Bridgeport?
Test Subject
#238 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dedreav0531
Try downloading the MasterController mod as well, it has something you need to enable for teens to be made in CAS without adults.

Which one do i download? Bc i downloaded the base game one and tried it, but i said i need a YA, Adult, or Elder...
Test Subject
#239 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CeresIn
I started this challenge recently and was having so much fun... until the third sim day...

I will start again

Yeah i was playing in twinbrook and a meteor was going to fall, so im like "NOPE! not today EA" and had her keep running :P
Test Subject
#240 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 7:24 PM
What is the mod that have your teen home-schooled???
Instructor
#241 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackRose25
What is the mod that have your teen home-schooled???

Nraas Career Schools. You need to first download Careers, then the Schools version.
Test Subject
#242 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 2:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackRose25
Yeah i was playing in twinbrook and a meteor was going to fall, so im like "NOPE! not today EA" and had her keep running :P

Nothing like that ever happens in my game....I have NRaas story progression not the EA one, is that why?
Lab Assistant
#243 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 10:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by althea4u
Nothing like that ever happens in my game....I have NRaas story progression not the EA one, is that why?

SP doesn´t really stop meteors... I think, that is the normal options window, where you can put catastrophes on or not.
Test Subject
#244 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 10:33 PM
The only EP I have is Late Night
Test Subject
#245 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 6:20 PM
Default Ugh
Quote: Originally posted by Death Of Life
I really got to try this!
Now, to go get my mods.

I tried it but then my game crashed and I had a lot of food but I forgot to save darn it!!! lol
Test Subject
#246 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 10:04 PM Last edited by JustKeepSimmin' : 19th Aug 2014 at 10:16 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot :P
So i gave this a whack and made a sim called Holly Needham (randomly generated name is randomly generated). Her traits are: Loner, Brave, Bookworm and kleptomaniac. Just started the challenge so wish me luck
Test Subject
#247 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 10:09 AM
This is awesome. Though I feel a little late to the party. Hahah so anyway, my teens story.
Kori Martinez is not exactly legal. As a matter of fact she is in her current situation because during an imigrations investigation, her parents hid her away in the shed out back. She managed to evade capture, but they were not so lucky, and sent back to Mexico. Now Kori is on her own in roaring heights. She quickly firgured out she could grab a little fruit from the community garden and search for valuble collectables to eat and earn cash. She got her own little garden started tucked away in the outskirts of the city.
During a latenight fishing session, Kori happened upon a little lost foal, who was scared and alone. Kori couldnt just leave the poor thing, so she befriended it and took her home, naming her "Kaleesi". With her bug donations amd consignment sales Kori was able to bottle feed little Kaleesi once a day, and keep her warm at night by a stolen firepit.
Shamefully, she did sleep with an older gentleman for a little cash to get herself her own toilet, but after that her garden came in strong and hard, and she was able to build a small 3x5 shack and even a hay bale for when Kaleesi grows up! Which will be darn soon now.
All in all while Kori and Kaleesi dont exactly live a life of luxury, theyre surviving, after losing their parents. And theyre together. In the end that's what really matters.
Test Subject
#248 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 11:29 PM Last edited by Kiana1234 : 24th Aug 2014 at 3:18 AM.
This is my first time doing a sims challenge and I must say I love it! Sadly I haven't been documenting my poor sim's experiences up until this point, but better late than never right? Karie Hand has never had much to begin with growing up in her tiny trailer park home. When she was kicked out after being caught in bed with one of her mother's many boyfriends, this troubled teen was glad to be rid of her neglective mother and, with only the small chunk of change she managed to pocket in her mother's fury, turned her back forever on her own life. Living on her own proved to be more difficult than Karie first anticipated, her poor upbringings seemed to follow her closely. With very little education and a face well known by the police from all her "escapades", she had no choice but take up residence in a very small plot of land well shrouded by trees and venture out only in the cover of night. After pushing the envelope of stealing food from the local fire station (seconds away from capture prompts Karie to never return), she begins a tiny garden containing nothing more than a few tomatoes and a grape vine. Surviving only on the meager harvest and the occasional fish she can reel in, Karie forms a stable, yet humble, lifestyle. This simple life leads to Karie with time to reflect on her past and what the future has in store for her. She vows to build an honest living for herself, never again would stealing or giving herself away be her means to extra spending money as in the past. A tiny garden backing her endeavors, Karie sets out to build a better life than her mother could have ever given her.

EDIT Don't know why the caption isn't showing. After luckily stumbling upon a rather large moonstone, Karie finds herself with enough funds to construct a small living space. She decorates it with discarded furniture and various objects she manages to find around town.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#249 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 1:48 AM
I'm really excited to do this challenge! I haven't played the Sims 3 in over two years, but this has inspired me to reacquire the series---including the newer expansions! It will take me a few days to get everything situated on my boyfriend's laptop, but I can't wait to get started.
Test Subject
#250 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 4:30 AM
i don't under stand how to download/install any of the mods for this challenge. i have read through the "instructions" for downloading the curfew one but i just didn't under stand it at all. Can someone help me?!?
Page 10 of 17