Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 4:44 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life
Default Game Freezes when Sims Trying to Write
So my game is acting weird & I can't find the culprit. Every time my sims tried to write, the game would freeze. The audio was still on, I could hear birds & music, but sims & the monitor were stuck. The only way out was ctrl+alt+del. I have mods & lots of CCs, but this problem just happened recently. I've tried to repeat the problem using another save game (with mods & CCs), but it didn't happen and the sim could write well. I've tried to write in a different lot, it didn't happen. I've tried to write in the morning, didn't happen. The problem only occured after 1 PM, after one sim got home from her work (lv. 5 Journalist). Every time I commanded her to write an article, game would freeze. On the second try, I commanded her mother to write a mystery novel (at the same time). I saw her sat and then she jumped back-forward in front of computer before the game froze. The last mods I've installed are Custom Generic Role (Arsil) & Lock Community Door (NonaMena). I've also removed Nraas Master Controller Integration, since it blocks the ability to throw a party in additional home. I tried to use ErrorTrap, and script error gave me:
Corrupt Inventory Object Deleted: Omni Plant
[Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Misc.AttractionGift]
LunarPhase Repaired

And since ErrorTrap forced my sims to leave their workplaces, I sent this journalist home earlier to write, aaand she could write without a problem.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 4:45 PM
Default Solved!
I found the culprit! I've tried to play without mods and it went well, but it just doesn't make sense. So I tried to delete only my recent mods, it still happened. I deleted (total annihilation) every homeless sim in the city, it still happened. Moved the family out and in again, reset lot, reset town, bulldozed some lots, nothing worked. Turned out I've made a wrong conclusion. The game didn't freeze when my sims wrote. The game froze at the certain time in that afternoon because it still froze even when my sims just stood idly. So I clicked every townies (thanks to Nraas Tagger) and found that I couldn't click on Agnes Crumplebottom. I moved her out and in again, and then the "take to hospital" interaction appeared. She was giving birth! After the baby was born (it's a boy, they named him Billy Darling), my sims could finally write again. I'm glad it's not because of mods, though I still want to cry & laugh at the same time because this glitch was a pain in the ar$e.