Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 5:47 PM
Default Custom Career Creation
I have an idea for a career but I am having difficulty finding the tools mentioned in their posts and the only tutorial I could find on this site links to a page where somebody is now posting their political views. I see people posting new careers all the time so I know it's possible, I would like to create a career too but unless I steal somebodies' work and reverse engineer it, I don't see how this is possible. Perhaps somebody could tell me just where there are some "up to date" tools for legal download that I could use and perhaps "up to date" instructions for those tools? Thank you in advance for all your help

Once the can is open - The worms are free!
Advertisement
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 9:32 PM Last edited by AdonisPluto : 29th Mar 2018 at 10:03 PM.
Saw these and thought it may be helpful. Click here The way the tutorial shoes up is in an upside manner. So the beginning is from the end page and continues upwards till you get to the final part. You can also read here to have an understanding of data file edit. I hope it helps
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 2:39 AM
Thank you. It's a start, and gives me some idea of what to do. I use Sims 4 Studio and Notepad ++ all the time to do stuff with so maybe I can use the additional information to try and figure it all out. Seems like a good project to tackle this weekend. It's funny that when I looked at that tutorial, at the top it showed how to change the images and icons, probably the only thing I do know how to do without much thought. I have two versions of python, not sure which ones I have, I'll have to check and get back into that. I was doing some simple basic stuff with python in the past and it seems simple enough but it's been a while. Regardless, it will provide something to do while I figure out what to do to my poor sims next.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 4:27 PM
That second link proved to be more useful than the first although the first may fill in some gaps if I run into any.

Echezzman Nwokeoma
#5 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 10:03 PM
Glad to know that.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 2:36 AM
I went through the Sims 4 Studio tuning tutorial as well as read through the other older tutorial to compare and I made a new career, it's just a small simple part time five level one but it's still in raw form and it's mostly made up from the original career. I understand how the tuning and data files are changed but now I have to figure out just what I want to change as well as change the actual description of each level. I'm toying with the idea of just rewriting each tuning and data file to suit my career and then using those to replace the originals. To be honest, the instructions made it sound much harder than it actually seems to be but I will find out once I roll up my sleeves and start hammering away at things. When I finish, I hope to not only create a nice new polished career but also rewrite the old tutorial as it's a wee bit confusing.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 2:39 AM
For the benefit of everyone here and at Sims 4 Studio, I'll post the new tutorial in both places once I work out the kinks.

Echezzman Nwokeoma
#8 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 5:02 AM
I was about to ask for that too. It's good to know that you are making a head way on this. As a point if note, if you are going to write the tutorial, could you like make it detailed enough with pictures so that even s newbies that wants to give it a try can actually do that without any problem. Will be keeping an eye here to see how it goes. And thanks for taking the zeal to doing it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 8:16 PM
OK, I've been at this for sometime now, and I will have to find a better way to do it as it's going to take FOREVER. It is possible to do with the tools I have but like I said, it will take a long, long, long time. I'm talking about several days (At Least) to edit each tuning file, then go through each data file to make the same changes and there are a LOT of files to edit. If the current method is similar to what I am doing it's not going to happen. I would like to thank you AdonisPluto for your encouragement but this is way beyond what I can do with what I have to work with. (That includes my brain which has already gone on strike). Happy simming everyone!

Field Researcher
#10 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 5:43 PM
If you're interested, I've made a tool to make careers creation easier, because just like you I thought it would take far too long to manually edit all those files
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 4:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Neia
If you're interested, I've made a tool to make careers creation easier, because just like you I thought it would take far too long to manually edit all those files

Sounds good. Where would I find this tool, please and thank you!

Echezzman Nwokeoma
#12 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Neia

It would be nice for others to have this. Looking forward to you posting it
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#13 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 1:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ethyrdude
Sounds good. Where would I find this tool, please and thank you!

The place to request access to Neia's Create a Career tool is here. It's quite amazing!

You get the bones of your career, which is quite a lot, and then you have to go in and update the text that will show in game using another program.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 12:18 PM
Thank you, Neia. I will give this a try a little later. Happy Simming!

Lab Assistant
#15 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 11:40 AM
I have a new tutorial on how to use Neia's Tool right HERE if anyone's interested
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 7:58 PM
Hi there. I tried to move the .pyo file, but I've two subfolders with a LOT of files. Someone knows which one is the correct one? :D
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#17 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 10:42 PM
I'm also making a tutorial to be hosted here on MTS. It will hopefully be up very soon!