Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th May 2015 at 8:48 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 UC not launching
My game was fine last night but suddenly its not launching. I tried launching without any cc but still nothing. The sims2ep9.exe appears in the task manager for about a minute then disappears? I tried replacing the paul.dll but that only made it stay in task manager for a little while longer. Is there anything else I can do?
Advertisement
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th May 2015 at 8:59 PM
Have you deleted the cache files?

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th May 2015 at 9:16 PM
Yeah, it didn't make a difference unfortunately.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th May 2015 at 2:09 AM
Start up Origin and right click on UC icon and do a repair on it. Make sure to make a copy of your hoods, downloads and config file before you do it.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 18th May 2015 at 4:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by galaxyfields
My game was fine last night but suddenly its not launching. I tried launching without any cc but still nothing. The sims2ep9.exe appears in the task manager for about a minute then disappears? I tried replacing the paul.dll but that only made it stay in task manager for a little while longer. Is there anything else I can do?

I don't have the TS2: Ultimate Collection and I do not use Origin so I may not fully understand your situation. Do you have a screenshot?

Anyway, there is a known problem with The Sims 2 Launcher. When you start the game you might notice a box EA added below. EA uses it to put ads or to connect to their site. I can't remember when they added this "feature" because it was an afterthought.

If you cut off your internet connection then you do not have to deal with this (Yes, it is quite annoying).
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 18th May 2015 at 11:48 AM
Or you can just not use the Launcher to start your game: Game Help:Bypassing Launcherwiki

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 18th May 2015 at 2:47 PM
She has UC so repairing the game in Origin should do the trick after deleting the cache files.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th May 2015 at 12:09 PM
Sorry for not replying quicker! I don't have the launcher but repairing the game in origin worked. Thank you all for helping!