Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 11:25 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default License Data
Hi I have the sims collection which was running fine. Since yesterday it wont run. It wont load and i get the message could not write license data! I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no luck. Any advice.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 1:33 PM
That's weird - is that everything the error message says? Could you take a screenshot?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 2:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
That's weird - is that everything the error message says? Could you take a screenshot?

Sorry I dont know how to post a screenshot. The only other thing it says is Please contact Customer Support for further instructions. Then there is two buttons at the bottom. Launch Analysis and OK. The Launch Analysis just creates a report to send. It creates a file called AlalysisLog.sr) wich I can open and says Please forward this file to [email protected]. I have sent them the file but have heard nothing yet.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 3:04 PM
Oh, okay. I had assumed that when you said collection, you mean you had Ultimate Collection through Origin, but it sounds like that's not the case? Which collection are you using?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 3:21 PM
Oh, okay. I had assumed that when you said collection, you mean you had Ultimate Collection through Origin, but it sounds like that's not the case? Which collection are you using?

It is through origin. I redownloaded it from them yesterday but no luck
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 4:03 PM
Hmm, as far as I know, UC doesn't come with SecuROM. Did you have a disk version of TS2 installed before you got UC? If so, did you uninstall that before downloading UC?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 6:10 PM
Hmm, as far as I know, UC doesn't come with SecuROM. Did you have a disk version of TS2 installed before you got UC? If so, did you uninstall that before downloading UC?

I have got the disks but my laptop has a new drive which has never had the discs installed on
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#8 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 6:34 PM
The UC does come with SecuRom and it's a different version: http://simsvip.com/2014/07/31/remov...ate-collection/
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#9 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 1:51 PM
@hejhog
Double posting to see if you've been able to get past the SecuRom issue. The link I posted above actually leads you to Reclaim Your Game (which is the link I originally wanted, lol @ myself) and there are removal instructions there. She (Lisa, the owner) mentions a SecuRom license key that stuck around in the registry after she uninstalled the UC and Origin and removed SecuRom from her computer. I'm thinking that might have a lot to do with the problem you're having now. Not that it stuck around but that it's there in the first place.

Reclaim Your Game is supposed to be closing - it hasn't yet and the stuff that was supposed to be moved to another site hasn't been moved yet. Here's the link to the post about the UC and SecuRom - there is a link to the removal instructions at the bottom of the post: http://www.reclaimyourgame.com/cont...ion-and-SecuROM
If you decide to try removing SecuRom from your computer, you would probably want to uninstall the UC then try to remove anything that's left of SecuRom before doing anything else. Then reinstall the UC and BEFORE you do anything else, remove SecuRom.

NOTE: I've never tried to remove SecuRom from any computer I've ever had. It's been on at least 1 but I never had any problems so I left it alone. I've looked over the removal instructions more than once over the years. I'm not an expert with computers by any means but I DO know my way around them. The instructions may look like something out of a nightmare but as long as you follow them step by step it shouldn't be too bad. They're well written with screenshots and links to any other program you might need.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 10:41 PM
SecuRom has never caused me this kind of problem. @mustluvcatz, is the 'different' version with UC the same one that comes with BV and up, or is it safer, or worse, or what? I've heard that recent versions of SecuRom (like in TS3) aren't as bad as the version that comes with later TS2 discs.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#11 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 9:14 AM
I certainly haven't heard of people having as many problems with UC's SecuROM as there were with the older versions, but clearly it's still not great. I dunno why EA are bothering to put DRM on a game that they're giving away for free.

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#12 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 10:52 AM
Have you tried running the game as administrator?

Tried removing the securom folder and then starting the game, allowing it to be rebuilt?
Code:
1) Open the command line by pressing "Start" and selecting the "Run..." option. 

2) Type "cmd" (without "s) and push the [Enter] button on the keyboard.

3) Please type in the following command: 
rd /s "%APPDATA%\SecuROM" 
and press [Enter] on the keyboard. 

4) Answer Y to the Y/N question and press [Enter] to complete the process. 
Forum Resident
#13 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 3:36 PM
Nysha, I think they were just too lazy to get rid of SuckyRom, given how the UC is essentially all the collection packs slapped together with the extra EPs sprinkled in.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Alchemist
#14 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 9:01 PM
about posting screenshots
in the advanced poster ("Go Advanced", "Reply", "Edit"), it is in the box named "Upload File" under "Image Upload"; scroll down the page.
or you could upload the screenshot to a different site then post the page's link in this thread.