Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 3:48 PM
Default Layered clothing seams
I'm making a sheer pareo with the full body underneath. I want to try something different than having the item separated from the skin at the waist seam but am not sure what to expect in-game. Where the pareo meets the waist, I've subdivided the body so each vert on the new item can be attached directly to the skin. Is this going to cause problems with the textures? By attaching it this way I can really reduce the poly count since I'll only need them in a few places. The waist backfaces and the seam between the front and back use a surprisingly large number of the things.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 8:57 PM
sure you can, i would move it away from the skinparts on the uvmap tho, to make it easier to texture.
but it looks like you already did that.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jan 2014 at 2:49 AM
I want to make this in 2 flavors. First will be the one I'm working on, and its a bottom to be used with accessory garments underneath. Once I get this one working, I want to make it as an accessory item. I'm keeping a copy of both versions of the waist so the accessory will have all the backfaces I'm getting rid of for this one. I had some issues with the open front shirt with sparkling edges. It seemed to me I had to move the layers apart a little to fix it, but it may have been an issue with the normals. Copying the normals from the face onto the edge worked beautifully on the plunge mini dress!
I'm also using Cmar's suggestion of making the clothes from duplicated body parts. Since the item has the same polys as the body I shouldn't have any clipping issues with the sliders (as long as I get the bone assignments correct).
Is there anything else I need to be aware of to make this into an accessory? For example, do I need to make the morph states for the accessory version? I've never done an accessory with a mesh, but I'm pretty sure they scale with the same bones as the body as opposed to the bgeo. I've had both good and bad meshed accessories in my game. Navel piercings are a good example. I have one that works perfectly, and another that disappears inside the body when sliders are used. I haven't been able to locate a tutorial on making meshed accessories yet, but there's gotta be something out there someplace.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 11th Jan 2014 at 7:33 AM
Yes, for a body accessory you have to make morphs exactly the same way as for clothing. In order for them to work you'll need to clone a morphable accessory - the WA necklaces are a good choice. Then to make it base game compatible you have to change the CASP Group ID to 0x00000000. I think both Bloom and I have accessories you can clone to make it easier, too.

Exactly what makes some accessories morphable and others not is one of the things I'd love to figure out.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Sockpuppet
#5 Old 11th Jan 2014 at 11:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Exactly what makes some accessories morphable and others not is one of the things I'd love to figure out.

pretty sure its the first line under the comments, the FVFItems.
Non morphable accesoires are set to 6 while morphable are set to 7.

Long time ago i took some basegame earrings(i think) and set them to 7 in order to create the pipplepiercings i made for ss2.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#6 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 3:09 AM
Thanks, Bloom. If it's that simple I'm going to be embarrassed.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4