Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#7251 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheDraizeTrain
That when a toddler is in the high chair and someone is serving "regular" food, they give a serving to the toddler! And it counts as part of the 6 max servings. Literally never noticed that before!

Any kind of food can be given to toddler then, like lobster or chili?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#7252 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 6:07 PM
I discovered that you can untune the Piano in debug mode.

Prince Avalanche
Mad Poster
#7253 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 6:51 PM
That whenca toddler is in the high chair and someone is serving "regular" food, they give a serving to the toddler! And it counts as part of the 6 max servings. Literally never noticed that before!

This also applies to plantsims, babies, servos and ghosts, even though they're not applicable/required to those food to eat.

For those who are interesting in remedying mod: http://modthesims.info/d/344323/cal...ting-fixes.html

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Field Researcher
#7254 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amairani
Any kind of food can be given to toddler then, like lobster or chili?

I believe so! It just shows up as regular toddler food, though, when placed on the high chair.
Mad Poster
#7255 Old 8th Jun 2019 at 1:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
I'm going to get severely laughed at here, but I have only - ONLY - just realised that TS2 has elevators....
....that came with OFB, and again with Apartment Life...
....and I have both expansions.

I'll see myself out...

I declare you haven't watched the trailer of OFB?

Mad Poster
#7256 Old 8th Jun 2019 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Don't feel too bad, Enjoji, we all miss things sometimes. I didn't realize until last year that AL gave us mailbox recolors, and I've had that EP since it came out years ago!

I think I only realised this last year or so too
I popped down a maxis-made lot, and thought "hey, why is that mailbox a different colour?". I felt so stupid. I've had it since it came out too.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#7257 Old 8th Jun 2019 at 5:42 PM
Discover (or maybe I knew it before, but forget), ponds can be built under the installed foundation and decks. Those things are deep enough down to the very world's core of a lot.

Scholar
#7258 Old 8th Jun 2019 at 6:14 PM
I believe so! It just shows up as regular toddler food, though, when placed on the high chair.

Ah I see. I hoped to give my toddlers some salad or cereal for a chance. Or lobster
Mad Poster
#7259 Old 8th Jun 2019 at 8:56 PM
Ah I see. I hoped to give my toddlers some salad or cereal for a chance. Or lobster
I think it's liquidised lobster mush.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Scholar
#7260 Old 8th Jun 2019 at 10:11 PM
I discovered that if I move a cheerleader NPC into an apartment by (ask/move in) I got the cow mascot as a walk by. This evil mascot can not do any damage on the lot but she will steal the newspaper (my sim don't read it anyway so it's OK ).

Field Researcher
#7261 Old 8th Jun 2019 at 11:46 PM
It seems as though Sims don't like walking on the flooring under the Miscellaneous category. I've made walkways out of the tiny pebbles/gravel and the asphalt floorings and my Sims prefer to walk in the flower beds lining the path or in the grass.
Mad Poster
#7262 Old 9th Jun 2019 at 1:24 PM

If you want more toddler food variety then try these. http://affinitysims.com/index.php?/...-toddler-foods/
Test Subject
#7263 Old 10th Jun 2019 at 12:42 PM
Today Carlos Contender rolled "Have a good reputation" want. I've never seen this one before
Forum Resident
#7264 Old 10th Jun 2019 at 10:42 PM
I was playing the Picasos, whom I have never played before so that is probably why I didn't notice this until now. Their children have elf ears, even though neither parent does. I was quite surprised until I looked it up online and found that Jessica has a broken Maxis face template.
Forum Resident
#7265 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by venusking
I was playing the Picasos, whom I have never played before so that is probably why I didn't notice this until now. Their children have elf ears, even though neither parent does. I was quite surprised until I looked it up online and found that Jessica has a broken Maxis face template.

I used that same broken template on one of my CAS matriarch's, and 5 generations later, those elf ears still pop up in random female descendants when they become children. They go away as teens.
Mad Poster
#7266 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 5:20 AM
A college student rolled a fear - "get covered in ants" !!! Never saw this, and never saw a sim get covered in ants! WTH

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Top Secret Researcher
#7267 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 9:53 AM
If the time runs out while the headmaster is eating, you don't get any points for the food. Asshole >:@

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#7268 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 10:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
A college student rolled a fear - "get covered in ants" !!! Never saw this, and never saw a sim get covered in ants! WTH

A possible mishap if you buy the ant farm.
Mad Poster
#7269 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 11:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat

I think that fear is related to the ant farm in free time. Your sim can shake the ant farm and the ants might escape.
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Ant_farm
Mad Poster
#7270 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 12:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SayLegendary
Today Carlos Contender rolled "Have a good reputation" want. I've never seen this one before

There's also the other want that I've seen before: "Have a bad reputation". You have to wonder why they'd roll this want. Maybe they really want to be evil.
"I'm not your same old goody-two shoes pixel!"

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Forum Resident
#7271 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 7:47 PM
Funnily enough, my sims roll those two a lot, to the point that I kind of roll my eyes now at the redundancy. "Oh, you mean you want to just show off how nice/mean you are again? Okayyyy." And I mainly treat it as a want to just go to a community lot.

I assume it has to do with their Niceness, whether they roll the good/bad rep one. My Jessica Peterson, for example, rolled Have a Bad Reputation a lot until I stopped fulfilling it and pushed her to get a better one (for the sake of doing better in business, since her LTW was the $100K one); now she's often close to having a maximally good rep but certainly never thinks of rolling Have a Good Reputation.

The thing that's a bit cheesy (and why the want pair often makes me roll my eyes) is that both of them are rolled with no check as to whether the sim already has whichever one they supposedly want. (I've often also said to the screen, "But you already *have* that reputation, dear.") In other words, even if the sim already has that rep level, the want is not fulfilled until the very next time they interact in the appropriate way on a community lot (a "nice" way for good reputation, a "mean" way for bad reputation).

(Though come to think of it...now I wonder whether the game actually has any check at all for the character of the action that caused the belated rep-level validation. That is, if the sim already has max good reputation, is the Have a Good Reputation want still fulfilled even if the next reputation-affecting action is actually a mean one, like gossip? Because they'd still technically Have a Good Reputation if they were maxed out before and just gossiped once, right? Hm!)

Edited for clarity...and to add that my experience has been that reputation does not have to be either maxed or, um, minimumed (?) out for the appropriate want to be fulfilled. The reputation level just needs to be strongly in the positive or negative direction.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Lab Assistant
#7272 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 9:15 PM
Two of my knowledge sims rolled the same wish to turn their now dead neighbor into a zombie. As far as I know she had a good relationship with both of them so I am led to believe that the science behind it is the reason for the wish.
Forum Resident
#7273 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 10:02 PM
I discovered that putting a big domed roof on a large building causes severe lag and crashes the game. Nope, won't do that again
Instructor
#7274 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 10:27 PM
I don't play Sims 2 these days, but yesterday I ran the game, made a small test lot, put PCSims washing machines, move a sim in, clicked on those machines one by one, found out they have 'running' animations.
Mad Poster
#7275 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I think that fear is related to the ant farm in free time. Your sim can shake the ant farm and the ants might escape.
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Ant_farm
' The ants can escape!? And can they cover a sim, like roaches do, and the sim dies? I have seen sims shake the ant farm REALLY HARD (without me telling them to do anything): once I had the sound on, and was startled to hear tiny little ant screams...

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Page 291 of 445