Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th May 2019 at 7:32 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life
Default Revert .package files
While trying to open a certain file, I selected to open it with sims 3 package editor and that changed all the package files to open wih sims 3 package editor. This doesn't actually effects my game abut I would like to see my files in default type. This actually happens to me in sims 2 but I don't remember how I fixed that.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th May 2019 at 9:59 PM
The same .package file format is used by different games. As you noted, it doesn't matter to the games what the default opener (on double-click) application is or of it's generic, that's just a matter of convenience to the user and the icon is nothing more than eye candy. One way to "fix"this is to uninstall your package editor program since there can't be a file association managed by Windows to a program that is no longer there. But it's usually much easier to just ignore the icons' appearances.

At work, our former accounting program many years ago used the same three letter file extension as Real Player did for certain kinds of music playlist files. So all of our accountants' reports showed up with musical notes as the file icons. We always wanted to hear what our financial reports would sound like when set to music (Happy Days Are Here Again, or some kind of death march perhaps?), but unfortunately all we really got was static and we got used to seeing them that way after a while.
Site Helper
#3 Old 16th May 2019 at 11:47 PM
You can also right-click the icon, scroll down to Properties, and change it there. (remember to "apply" the change. Do it a few times if it doesn't stick the first time, and it eventually gets the idea.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook