Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Theme Catchup2018 - posted on 1st May 2018 at 1:50 PM
Replies: 6343 (Who?), Viewed: 205177 times.
Page 254 of 254
Field Researcher
#6326 Old 15th May 2018 at 11:29 PM Last edited by Primavera : 16th May 2018 at 2:09 AM.
I've FINALLY got the main page to how I like it... Now to work on the tags page . Also guys if you have any trouble viewing the blog let me know, I'm think I got the colors view-able enough without straining the eyes .

UPDATE: got my tags page set up! Everything looks pretty good so far, all the links are working and I'm happy with it. Now to reblog some CC .

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

Forum Resident
#6327 Old 16th May 2018 at 9:23 AM Last edited by Sims2Christain : 16th May 2018 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Probable if imagined cause
Checked sim relationships via the tombstone of life and death. Somehow one sim has three parents his biological mother, biological father and the grim reaper custom sim not universal npc.

I imagine that its due to a bone marrow transplant and so the Sim's white blood cells are the reaper's in origin. He is biologically the son of his two parents with different donated white blood cell DNA.
Mad Poster
#6328 Old 16th May 2018 at 7:41 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 16th May 2018 at 11:38 PM.
I was telling my daughter how bad I am at recoloring maxis stuff...how the highchair recolors I've just made were ugly and disgusting...lol
Then she came up with a bunch of great ideas, such as...*Why don't you import the mesh into MS3D, and look at how the mapping is done? Then just fit your own wood pattern accordingly??*
I told her that instead, I'll just make a new highchair mesh...keeping the same shape, but remap it to fit MY own wood texture.
Her : You like to complicate things for yourself huh?
Me : But it is easier that way!
I love her so much...

And It was worth it! I made a new HighChair.
Slave to a set I made.
Screenshots

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS ;)
Lab Assistant
#6329 Old 16th May 2018 at 11:38 PM
It's crazy how I can have spurs of being obsessed with this game. Just a few weeks ago, I didn't want anything to do with the sims. Now, I spend hours upon hours reading this forum, Simblrs, looking at screenshots of my last gameplay session. I bet in the next two weeks, I'm going to go back to ignoring it again.

Visit my Simblr: LIttleBitSims
The Great AntiJen
staff: moderator
#6330 Old 17th May 2018 at 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebine
Slave to a set I made.

I like the little coloured trays - is that a recolourable sub-set?

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Theorist
#6331 Old 17th May 2018 at 1:35 AM
What if the Tricou teens were actually adopted by Jon Smith Tricou and then orphaned somehow while still babies?
Field Researcher
#6332 Old 17th May 2018 at 1:58 AM
Quote:
Slave to a set I made.

Those are so pretty! Very vintage, 70s-ish even :D

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

Mad Poster
#6333 Old 17th May 2018 at 2:32 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 17th May 2018 at 3:05 AM.
@maxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxon
I like the little coloured trays - is that a recolourable sub-set?

No unfortunately. It is slaved to the master crib in my set, that holds the texture for everything. The wood part, the bedding part...and the chair cushion part.
There is 2 subsets, frame and bedding, but both have the same big texture...So the wood you see was mapped on the wood part of the texture, and the rest, was mapped on the bedding part of that same frame texture.
Another old set me has made, don't judge
So... if you want that wood color, you are stuck with this bedding pattern etc.
ETA : I checked my original set, and it would be possible to add a bedding subset to that high chair, without remapping anything. Just by adding a bedding group to the mesh.
But since I cannot share it on here (texture from non share-friendly site) I'll just leave it as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primavera
Those are so pretty! Very vintage, 70s-ish even :D

@Primavera
Ahah! thankz. But daughter of mine was not happy. She wanted me to at least change the mesh...and thought that was a cheap creation, or maybe it was her being too perfectionist. lol
So, after telling her how much I hated her and wish she was never born, I edited the mesh with HER idea. Which was...use the back of one of the twin bed that's in my set that has a heart shape hole in it, and the legs from the dining chair.
I wonder what my neighbors thought of me, when I yelled : * Juliette! Come see my new high chair, see if you're satisfied!!!*
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#6334 Old 17th May 2018 at 10:45 AM
Somebody (not me) should make a neighborhood with a subhood that's populated by a tribe of Amazons, living the mythological Amazon lifestyle. When one of them wants a baby, they head to the main hood or downtown, pick up guys till they get pregnant, then return home. If the child is a girl, she's an Amazon; if it's a boy, it gets shipped back to the father. Their real romantic relationships are with other Amazons.

Or the Amazons could be the main hood, and the subhood would be where all the males were sent.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
The Great AntiJen
staff: moderator
#6335 Old 17th May 2018 at 11:05 AM
Quote:
No unfortunately. It is slaved to the master crib in my set, that holds the texture for everything. The wood part, the bedding part...and the chair cushion part.
There is 2 subsets, frame and bedding, but both have the same big texture...So the wood you see was mapped on the wood part of the texture, and the rest, was mapped on the bedding part of that same frame texture.
Another old set me has made, don't judge
So... if you want that wood color, you are stuck with this bedding pattern etc.
ETA : I checked my original set, and it would be possible to add a bedding subset to that high chair, without remapping anything. Just by adding a bedding group to the mesh.
But since I cannot share it on here (texture from non share-friendly site) I'll just leave it as it is.

Ah you worked it out. As I read that, I was going to post about subsets using the same texture. I know what you mean about the textures (I have a pile of old ones too) and I said at the time of the decision it would cut down on uploads but everyone wanted the rules updated for proper credits and, thinking about it since, I think that was the right decision. I'm an academic in RL and referencing is a thing.

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Mad Poster
#6336 Old 17th May 2018 at 1:29 PM
I totally agree. It is just a shame it didn't occur to me, when I first started gathering images, textures and making things.
It takes a lot of will power for a lazy person such as me, to replace all textures of a set. lol

Field Researcher
#6337 Old 17th May 2018 at 10:13 PM
Now that I know how to extract/clone sims, I now have an idea to clone my favorite playable/townie sims to use again and again in CAS. I thought about making offspring versions of said cloned sims and uploading them here, but I don't know just yet.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

Scholar
#6338 Old 18th May 2018 at 4:09 AM
Dammit, I'm still in the mood for building (after the Wanderlust contest), but don't know what to build.
Mad Poster
#6339 Old 18th May 2018 at 4:25 AM
Take commissions?

Look at your neighborhood and ask yourself what it's missing?

Do an image search for floorplans and make the first one that's clear enough to read?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#6340 Old 18th May 2018 at 4:39 AM
Find a popular genre (like Medieval or Apocalypse or something) that you haven't made a creation for, and go for that.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6341 Old 18th May 2018 at 8:40 AM
Default "Prompt Style" Challenges
In the past I've seldom looked at the Challenges section of this forum. Most of the challenges seem to involve quite serious risk to life and limb, and I just love my Sims too much to subject them to that sort of thing. But this month they've introduced a new type of challenge that appeals to me, and I think may appeal to other players who have never been interested in challenges before. JustJones explains "Prompt Style" challenges here. She has also set the ball rolling by creating the first challenge of this type, her Outfit of the Day challenge.

I reckon these challenges can offer us Simmers almost unlimited opportunities for creativity and sheer fun. So somebody please post to JustJones's challenge and save me from a double post! And/or create a prompt style challenge of your own.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Lab Assistant
#6342 Old 18th May 2018 at 3:08 PM
Of course, I end up corrupting the first hood that I love playing. Stupid, stupid, stupid. So much time spent, down the drain. It's ok, though, the hood seems to be somewhat stable, after getting rid of the buggy sims. If another issue stirs up, I'm starting over.

Visit my Simblr: LIttleBitSims
Alchemist
#6343 Old 19th May 2018 at 5:30 AM
My "to-do-when-I-get-a-desktop-and-can-play-TS2-again" list is getting too long...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Field Researcher
#6344 Old 19th May 2018 at 6:05 AM
Now that my heart stopped racing and my hands have stopped shaking I've finally tackled the biggest thing on my to-do list: make a megahood. I used meetme's cleaned neighborhood templates and everything's good! I had a little trouble in the beginning but it's all figured out now . The only neighborhood I hadn't added was Veronaville, I never played that hood anyway and I already extracted a few sims I liked there to use in my megahood. Now to head to sleep.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

Page 254 of 254