Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS speed build challenge results - posted on 11th Nov 2018 at 8:38 PM
Replies: 7178 (Who?), Viewed: 241329 times.
Page 288 of 288
Mad Poster
#7176 Old Yesterday at 9:54 PM
Perfectionism is the enemy of fun.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#7177 Old Yesterday at 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxEllen1965
Drop one or more sims into an empty neighborhood. If you can't think of a story, the sims will come up with one on their own.

I dropped a sim into an empty neighborhood that I downloaded. Originally I only intended to have her explore and make sure the lots worked okay, but the sims are making their own story anyway.

I had that, too! It was just an test hood for lots, an EMPTY test hood, and I dropped a clone of Rod Humble in there. I forgot to do anything to stop the newspaper girl from coming, so she spawned. Then I had Rod go to test a community lot, and the Charlatan spawned, so now there's a whole story about the three of them being the only ones left after the Apocalypse caused by a virus spread through Rod's computers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orilon
That's very possible Sunrader. I don't know how to make my own stories actually playable in Sims 2 or Sims 3 though. I've had an idea of wanting to kind of create a Sims 2 version of Sims "Marked by the Outsider" (Dishonored Game Reference) but I don't know how to make playing them actually different than usual. (Dishonored's Void magic is very different than the Magic that Sims 2 Witches use. I don't know how to implement Windblast, Possession, the Arcane Bond etc in a way that would make Sims 2 play different.)

I don't know what any of that is, but I know what I'd do. I already rewrote all the spells in plain English with better rhymes. I'd make them into that kind and just pretend the rest, looking for whatever mods and such that came to me as I played.
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
retired moderator
#7178 Old Yesterday at 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
Perfectionism is the enemy of fun.

"I'm fun and perfect!" -Sim Sample Esq., 2004

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will -RUSH
Yearbook
***Sims File Share- ask me for a code***
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
If you are looking for files from old websites, the Internet Archive is your best friend.
Mad Poster
#7179 Old Today at 3:25 AM
Even with the 4GB patch, I swear that SimPE has the worst memory leak I've ever seen.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Welcome to Oakbrook.
Page 288 of 288