Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #4 - posted on Yesterday at 3:46 PM
Replies: 7811 (Who?), Viewed: 465586 times.
Page 313 of 313
Top Secret Researcher
#7801 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 1:50 AM
I recall from somewhere (not sure where) that each object that builds creativity also has its own hidden skill.
not sure of it being true or not; or if true, which pack/packs add them.
The Great AntiJen
staff: moderator
#7802 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 2:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebine
You think?..I'll have to re-pay attention then. I think I know Rock/Jazz/Country style songs by heart now. A lot of my sims end up being musician (it runs in my RL family so...) But I always was disappointed that the mic didn't follow.
But now, I'll have to revisit the whole thing. lol

Might be me, of course. I'm a classically trained musician and I don't think dissonance bothers me as much as it does a lot of people. I'm kind of used to it. Being interested in jazz and modern music also means the slippy slidey tempo thing doesn't worry me too much either.

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Mad Poster
DELETED POST
18th Feb 2018 at 3:13 PM
This message has been deleted by ihatemandatoryregister. Reason: I'm stupid and misunderstood
Turquoise Dragon
staff: moderator
#7803 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 9:22 PM
aw you aren't stupid @ihatemandatoryregister
Test Subject
#7804 Old Yesterday at 4:02 AM
On the Sims 2 Discord, the topic got derailed into a long conversation about sleepwalking which led to the idea of a sleepwalking mod. Sims could walk through the house, relieve themselves in random places, stuff their faces from the fridge, etc. all the while with Zs above their heads. Maybe toddlers would break out of their cribs. I don't know what would go into such a mod or if one exists, but it could have some fun results.
#7805 Old Yesterday at 5:30 AM
I actually suggested that a few pages ago. Just wander around the house doing random animations depending on what objects are available.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
#7806 Old Yesterday at 6:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I actually suggested that a few pages ago. Just wander around the house doing random animations depending on what objects are available.

Great minds think alike! I like the idea of them interacting with objects based on what they have; maybe there could be a link to their hobby or something. Like maybe Ripp Grunt would play the guitar in his sleep or start painting...
Instructor
#7807 Old Yesterday at 10:01 AM
I somehow remembered that Cornbread and Doughnuts thread that we had before and it led to me thinking that sometimes I want fitness to be more realistic, other than just for appearance. Preferably, I'd like to tie it in with illness - have less fit sims acquire illnesses more frequently and recover from them more slowly. It could also be related to the food the sims eat - those who eat unhealthily will be considered less fit as well.

Maybe there could be a difference between natural cures and standard medicine too, but I'm not sure how to simulate a difference between them. As far as I know, they both cut down on the resting time though I'm not sure of the exact values and if there are differences between them.

I'm not sure if this would even be possible, but hey, pipe dreams. Then again, maybe it's better that sims don't have to worry about these sort of things that we (sometimes) do.

My life is a series of incomprehensible sketches, illegible notes, and running away from angry reptiles. I don't enjoy that last one.
Top Secret Researcher
#7808 Old Yesterday at 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister

Or maybe even not random stuff. Could be based on their character and hobbies. Playful and Games-flued sims will tend play in their bathroom's tub or play computer games.
Alchemist
#7809 Old Yesterday at 5:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketching
I somehow remembered that Cornbread and Doughnuts thread that we had before and it led to me thinking that sometimes I want fitness to be more realistic, other than just for appearance. Preferably, I'd like to tie it in with illness - have less fit sims acquire illnesses more frequently and recover from them more slowly. It could also be related to the food the sims eat - those who eat unhealthily will be considered less fit as well.

My issue with fitness/body skill is that they're kind of backwards from what would make sense to me... fitness seems most likely to actually indicate a Sim's current strength level, while body skill seems fairer to look at as their form in performing an activity and firsthand knowledge of how the body works... I'd like to see the requirements for promotion that call for body skill also require a corresponding minimum fitness level, so you couldn't end up with a Sim who worked out constantly as a teen and got lots of body points, only to stop exercising when they aged up to an adult, and their fitness level fell down to the fat body morph, still somehow able to rack up athletic or military promotions...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#7810 Old Yesterday at 6:11 PM
And back to artistic skills: I would like SOME sims (maybe related to their personality points) that never could get more than one or 2 "creativity points", no matter how much they practiced! We all know someone who thought they were talented, but WEREN'T. And like everyone else, I think it makes no sense that talent on a piano translates to talent painting.
Which leads me to...there is a mod that lets you make someone SMART (which just does the same as smart milk or the thing they can put on their head to study), but what I would like is a "DUMMY" mod! Or a "clutz" mod - everything they touch breaks, even becoming a pile of trash (which also should happen if an adult jumps on the couch, or a teen swings on the frig door).

Namaste
Mad Poster
#7811 Old Yesterday at 7:00 PM
I'm TRYING to remember to specialize my creativity. If I have a sim who really likes to paint or play the piano, I try to have them always gain their skills doing that. But, I'm old and stupid, and sometimes I move them and forget or can't afford to buy the object.

I would like to see charisma more like in sims 3 (never thought I'd say that). They should be able to go up to a certain level in the mirror or at the podium, but should have to actually practice those skills in conversation to get them to really get high. I would just pretend, but our sims don't gain skills from conversation alone.

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Instructor
#7812 Old Yesterday at 8:23 PM
Zarathustra: I like your idea. I was trying to make sense of what could possibly work in-game, given that fitness is mostly for aesthetics and body skill doesn't decay, though now that I think about it, others' suggestions for skill deterioration and varied learning rates could come in handy as well for that sort of thing. I imagine it might be difficult for those with slower skill gain mods - it takes nearly a lifetime to max out even a single one.

@grammapat Maybe Twojeffs' Skill Limiter addition to the Sim Blender would be useful for you? It allows you to set caps on skills on an individual sim basis.

I agree with you and smorbie1. Times like these remind me of the variety of skills in the later games - I initially found it a bit overwhelming but then it's useful for specializations and while I understand the concept of transferable skills, this is too much.

On that note, we don't have money for an easel, child, not if I'm going to play realistically and add additional funds for paint, brushes, and canvases. I wonder if there's a plain sketchbook out there - toddlers and children aren't the only ones that have fun drawing, game!

My life is a series of incomprehensible sketches, illegible notes, and running away from angry reptiles. I don't enjoy that last one.
Page 313 of 313