Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 4:21 AM
Default funny things in the sims 1 that is not included in any other game
One thing i think is really funny is when sims in the sims 1 walk in to a bathroom in who aren't in love start swearing in simlish, and get off the toilet. I used to love it when the sims would drop plates on the ground and walk over them then eat them, however their were a lot of annoying NPC's I didn't think should (EVER) been added to the game. like the jazz player off unleashed at the old town. as well as the puppet master who in order to avoid my sims being stuck on a lot, listen or pay them in order to send my sims home, I used to hate having to build double doors just to avoid this bug or whatever it was. TOP it off! sometimes even when your sims listen to him he still blocks the path i could tolerate the puppet master but not the jazz player, not because I don't like jazz because he is guaranteed to make you quit to neighborhood or be stuck at the community lot forever. AND if you still play sims 1 don't ever go somewhere then click the neighborhood button always take you sims home first in the cab otherwise you can corrupt lots like I did and had to re install the game not so funny but I lived. unless it is vacation island and you can save your community progress.

I am leaving room for posts so post away

being nice to people has it's benefits and being mean or nasty has no benefit and your only hurting yourself in the long run.
if anyone want to make an angel like mine here is the wings link (blue eyes not included) sorry
http://modthesims.info/browse.php?tag=wings&f=38
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 5:23 AM
Actually the saxophonist was avoidable if you modified the lot properly. Also, you could get rid of him entirely by deleting the espresso cart.

Puppet master? I don't remember a puppet master.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 5:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Actually the saxophonist was avoidable if you modified the lot properly. Also, you could get rid of him entirely by deleting the espresso cart.

Puppet master? I don't remember a puppet master.

yea now I remember, but I loved to make my sims buy espresso, also Peni i was referring the man with the monkey that dances and gets in the way unless you listen or watch him and tip him sometimes he would appear on almost every lot.

being nice to people has it's benefits and being mean or nasty has no benefit and your only hurting yourself in the long run.
if anyone want to make an angel like mine here is the wings link (blue eyes not included) sorry
http://modthesims.info/browse.php?tag=wings&f=38
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 9:01 AM
Guido! I loved Guido! He had that cute song. Oh the memories, thanks for that!

It was hysterical when Sims would stack plates in their hands. If you had enough guests, the plate pile would get really high and if a sink wasn't handy (someone else was there), they would run all over the lot with these tall stacks of plates in one hand.

They also will dive and swim with plates in their hands. Mrs. Crumplebottom swims in her pill hat, clutching her handbag with two hands. Ha! Love it when you force them to swim someplace.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#5 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 3:01 PM
ok, I OBVIOUSLY LOVED how miss crumplebottom washed her hand with her purse still on her hand, and the hilarious thing when she gets a piece of fabric and start sewing ,I Guess that sims 1 animations were better, cause in sims 3 maybe there's nothing like that .
Mad Poster
#6 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 5:50 AM
Did any of you ever get the tragic clown? He was funny. I loved when he pulled out a little hole for himself to disappear into. I think the Social Bunny in Sims 2 may have been modeled loosely on the same idea.

Oh, and the tragic clown catchers - they were like a cross between Men in Black and Ghost Busters. Hysterical.

Field Researcher
#7 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 8:54 AM
Not sure if this counts or not, but the interesting toilet. It was my favorite hacked object. Whenever my sims went you could see and hear them pooping. There were several types of sound effects ranging from explosive diarhea to plop plop fizz fizz. When I first moved to sims 2, immediately my game was lacking from not having that object. One like it has never been made for sims 2 and beyond.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 1:31 PM
Oh, the hurdy gurdy man! There weren't any puppets - that was a "real" monkey. I don't remember what spawned him. But with the spawning NPCs, the trick was to figure out where they appeared in relation to the spawning object, and to make sure that there was enough open space within a certain radius of that object. I don't remember how many squares the saxophonist went from the espresso machine, but he didn't roam the whole lot, and it was easy to provide him the space he needed without creating routing failure once I got a sense of the ground he covered. The problem arose when he hit a routing bottleneck - sims throwing routing fits would trap him there, or he'd have to go through a routine of a certain length before he was coded to move.

Magic duels. I got good at magic duels, and AL witches don't have them. But singing in the shower and to the baby, those are the things I wish had made it into Sims2.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#9 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 4:17 PM
. I don't remember how many squares the saxophonist went from the espresso machine, but he didn't roam the whole lot, and it was easy to provide him the space he needed without creating routing failure once I got a sense of the ground he covered. The problem arose when he hit a routing bottleneck - sims throwing routing fits would trap him there, or he'd have to go through a routine of a certain length before he was coded to move.
There was one Old Town lot where he regularly trapped people in the restroom.

Magic duels. I got good at magic duels, and AL witches don't have them. But singing in the shower and to the baby, those are the things I wish had made it into Sims2.
OMG - The singing in the shower, I forgot about that! It was also hysterical in The Sims Online!

Field Researcher
#10 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 11:36 PM
Maybe it's not IN the game, but this cracked me up to no end when I was 9.

you mean you don't lust after death? you don't wanna go on a romantic cruise to hell with death? you don't wanna give death an oil massage?
Instructor
#11 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 12:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nurny
Maybe it's not IN the game, but this cracked me up to no end when I was 9.

What..... I never knew that. (I don't bother to click it)
Instructor
#12 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 3:31 PM
Gabby the Mime!!
Test Subject
#13 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pizza
Gabby the Mime!!

I haven't played sims 1 for ages but I remember the mime, possibly because he stole my sims' TV at one point. I'm not sure if he's meant to do that.
Instructor
#14 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 12:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zebra12
I haven't played sims 1 for ages but I remember the mime, possibly because he stole my sims' TV at one point. I'm not sure if he's meant to do that.

Haha that's amazing!! I didn't know he could do that either!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 2:08 PM
Enchanted gnomes. I will never forget how they went berserk when I used the perfect garden amulet. The possibility of spells to backfire with hysterical consequences. The Paparazzo in Studio Town and the ability to pose for him, or fake a fight with another celeb in front of him.
Test Subject
#16 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 12:17 AM
I kinda liked all the dumb product placement objects for Sims 1. Didn't they have a McDonald's food cart or something? I had to cajole my mother into helping me download it from the official site on our dial-up 2001 era internet.
Instructor
#17 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Carved Crayon Rose
I kinda liked all the dumb product placement objects for Sims 1. Didn't they have a McDonald's food cart or something? I had to cajole my mother into helping me download it from the official site on our dial-up 2001 era internet.

And Pepsi vending machine. I still have them in my HDD...
Test Subject
#18 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 2:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LFact
And Pepsi vending machine. I still have them in my HDD...

I didn't know there was a Pepsi machine, to be honest. That just makes it all the sillier because I can't imagine that the effort of putting Pepsi in the game would be outweighed by whatever pittance Pepsi was willing to pay them at the time.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 2:18 AM
Man, I miss so much those songs in Superstar which the sim could record. This one particulary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy76cZnpS7M
Test Subject
#20 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NabucodonosorII
Man, I miss so much those songs in Superstar which the sim could record. This one particulary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy76cZnpS7M

I remember being incredibly jealous of everyone who had Superstar, and I now remember why. I'm pretty sure that real life celebrities were in it too. Just another odd quirk of Sims 1, I guess.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 2:12 PM
Marilyn Monroe was in it, and Avril Lavigne, and Elvis, and some male TV stars that I wasn't familiar enough with to retain. Except for Drew Carey, of course, but he was a different case.

The effort of putting Pepsi into the game was negligible, Ms. Rose - just a matter of skinning the existing vending machines to have the logo. The simoleons giant corporations are willing to splash around for product placement are hardly chickenfeed.

Test Subject
#22 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 8:43 PM
I miss Drew Carey and accurate Pepsi vending machine.
Inventor
#23 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 12:42 PM
Sitting around the campfire, singing. Not funny but as charming as charming can be. I waited for the action to reappear in TS2 and it did not - one of my pet complaints. I waited for it in TS3, ditto. Now I can start all over again.

With details like this and others that were mentioned above I consider TS to be the most charming Sims game of them all. Others made great advances but a lot has been lost on the way.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 2:40 PM
Not only was it charming, you could advance relationships among six sims at a time! Yes, the campfires in Sims2 don't compare. (On the other hand, they don't cause as many conflagrations, either...)

Mad Poster
#25 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pico22
Sitting around the campfire, singing. Not funny but as charming as charming can be. I waited for the action to reappear in TS2 and it did not - one of my pet complaints. I waited for it in TS3, ditto. Now I can start all over again.

With details like this and others that were mentioned above I consider TS to be the most charming Sims game of them all. Others made great advances but a lot has been lost on the way.
Personally, I thought the campfire thing was hysterical. The Sim children would always crack up when an adult took out a guitar and started a camp song.

Page 1 of 3