Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#7101 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 6:57 AM Last edited by Babahara : 28th Sep 2017 at 10:33 AM.
When I attempted to take my sims to a hotel for a date, only a playable sim could enter the door. Her date couldn't. Is it possible for dates to enter?

What if all my sims were playable, could they all check into one room?

Additionally, I want to play a resort owner for the first time. Is it possible to own resorts in another hood with help of NRAAS Traveler mod? She already lives in Dragon Valley, but it would be so cool if she could own resorts at Isla Paradiso, set as vacation hood. I wonder if it's possible to go on vacation and manage resorts there and then come back and still receive the profits.
Advertisement
Theorist
#7102 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 9:12 PM
So, for the life of me, I cannot find Business as Usual Bistro in the lot bin. How is the venue called? I've looked through all community lots many times, am I looking in the wrong place? There's a button 'unhide all hidden installed content' but it isn't clickable.
Field Researcher
#7103 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 1:32 AM
In the Library/Bin, it's named "Business as Usual Bistro" (Visitors Allowed). The lot has a pink custom content asterisk/star/flower thing (all the store lots have that).

It's possible that it didn't install correctly, here's a help guide from Crinrict re: Store lots missing from the bin.
http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/0...ing-ingame.html
Theorist
#7104 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 7:23 AM
Thanks! It was not installed, indeed. Along with a few other lots which I could never find in the lot bin, haha. Why didn't EA fix the launcher with patches? It's a mystery.
Lab Assistant
#7105 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 1:43 PM
I have a weird glitch where my game freezes, whenever a sim tries to skate. Wether it's on a pond or skating rink. I was just wondering if anyone had experienced the same glitch? I do have a lot of mods, so that might have something to do with it, although I've never had the glitch before, until recently, and I've had roughly the same mods for quite a while.
Mad Poster
#7106 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Riesen
I have a weird glitch where my game freezes, whenever a sim tries to skate. Wether it's on a pond or skating rink. I was just wondering if anyone had experienced the same glitch? I do have a lot of mods, so that might have something to do with it, although I've never had the glitch before, until recently, and I've had roughly the same mods for quite a while.

What is currently the beta testing version of NRaas GoHere (v44) bugs out both roller and ice skating whenever any sim, active or inactive, attempts to skate. We think it's the Allow Boat Routing > False setting that does it, but this is the only version of the mod for which this setting actually works so until we get that fixed it's kind of a trade-off. I've removed the skating rinks from my festival lots and disallowed autonomous skating on ponds by way of Retuner temporarily as this version of GoHere is too valuable to me to revert to the prior one. Our developer is working on a solution.

We've also had reports of issues with Play Tag, but I haven't seen any negative effects from that yet.

Of course it could be something else entirely especially if you are not a v44 GoHere user, but this is the first thing I think of when players report freeze-ups related to skating.
Lab Assistant
#7107 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
What is currently the beta testing version of NRaas GoHere (v44) bugs out both roller and ice skating whenever any sim, active or inactive, attempts to skate. We think it's the Allow Boat Routing > False setting that does it, but this is the only version of the mod for which this setting actually works so until we get that fixed it's kind of a trade-off. I've removed the skating rinks from my festival lots and disallowed autonomous skating on ponds by way of Retuner temporarily as this version of GoHere is too valuable to me to revert to the prior one. Our developer is working on a solution.

We've also had reports of issues with Play Tag, but I haven't seen any negative effects from that yet.

Of course it could be something else entirely especially if you are not a v44 GoHere user, but this is the first thing I think of when players report freeze-ups related to skating.

Ah okay, that must be it then, as that is the version of GoHere that I have. I'll just have to live with a skating-free world for awhile, I don't think I can live without the no boat routing option. Thanks for your reply!!
Lab Assistant
#7108 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 12:17 AM
How bad is the 1.69 patch, really?
Top Secret Researcher
#7109 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 12:26 AM
The 1.69 patch:
1. Is buggy.
a) It forgets which EP/SPs you chose, so when you come back to your game, it may have missing items.
b) Even if you check it before you start, it may "forget" and dump you into the base game.
2. It breaks "Any Game Starter" and "Sim Game Select".
3. You have to have Origin.
4. Instead of starting directly from TS3W.exe, you HAVE to do the extra step of starting the launcher, even if you don't have any downloads to install.
5. You have to run a special version of CAW - not a big deal, but it's an extra step.

TL:DR 1.69 ruins your game and you have to keep a separate list of what EP/SPs you're playing with, breaks game starters that work, and the only reason for it is to force more ads down your throat for Sims 4.

TL:DR, DR-TL-DR: 1.69 is the work of the Devil.
Mad Poster
#7110 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 3:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LaylaRox
How bad is the 1.69 patch, really?

I would offer a counter-argument here if 1.69 actually added anything of value to the running of the game from the player's perspective, at least for those fortunate enough to be faced with a choice in the matter. But after putting up with it for a year myself, I couldn't find any such thing of value to report on. Instead, I offer this: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/share/view/81714505

(disregard the part about EasyCASP Editor, that has since proven itself to be a problem on Steam installs)
Lab Assistant
#7111 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 5:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I would offer a counter-argument here if 1.69 actually added anything of value to the running of the game from the player's perspective, at least for those fortunate enough to be faced with a choice in the matter. But after putting up with it for a year myself, I couldn't find any such thing of value to report on. Instead, I offer this: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/share/view/81714505

(disregard the part about EasyCASP Editor, that has since proven itself to be a problem on Steam installs)

Thanks! I need to update to it if I want to download more EPs but I’ve heard bad things about it. Blah, might just order the disk versions from eBay.
Scholar
#7112 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 12:12 PM
Honestly, the thing with it forgetting the EP/SP thing isn't that often. I have gone weeks or months without it 'forgetting' what I have installed. And if it does launch base game, it's a simple matter of closing Sims 3, redo the launcher thing and it generally realizes its mistake.
Scholar
#7113 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 2:13 PM
Is it true that using a preset of any piece of clothing is easier on the game/loading than putting a different color/pattern on it?
If yes, what if I put a different color on, say, a shirt and then save that as a preset? Same as a regular EA preset?
Scholar
#7114 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 9:13 PM
If I want to build a venue for Magic Shows and similar from Showtime, what all does it need?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7115 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
If I want to build a venue for Magic Shows and similar from Showtime, what all does it need?
The show stage (a carpet like object in buydebug, I think), some stage props on that stage carpet (not necessary but it seems to help shows) and some audience rugs (also in buydebug). You can also add a dining table and two chairs to each audience rug for seated performances. The stage rug will spawn the proprietor NPC, which is necessary, but only in venues that are allowed for performances.
Top Secret Researcher
#7116 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 6:36 PM Last edited by SusannaG : 10th Oct 2017 at 10:47 PM.
Is there some way to switch the key bindings for Sims 3? All I want is for the spacebar to pause the game, not switch the selected sim. Is that really too much to ask?

ETA: Failing that, what *is* the keyboard shortcut for pause? If there is one, I don't know it.
Mad Poster
#7117 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
ETA: Failing that, what *is* the keyboard shortcut for pause? If there is one, I don't know it.

For most of us, that would be the "P" key.
Top Secret Researcher
#7118 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 1:20 AM
Thanks. Now, we'll see if I can *see* the P key while I'm simming.... (I'm light sensitive, have a black keyboard, and sim at night, LOL.)
Site Helper
#7119 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 4:57 AM
Most keyboards have a little ridge on the F and J keys. (For the convenience of anyone who has actually studied typing, I suppose.) If you put your right forefinger on the J key, and rest the other 3 fingers on the keys next to it, P will be right above your pinky.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
#7120 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 9:28 AM
There's also the 0 that functions as a Pause button. That should be easier to find on the numpad. (0-1-2-3-4 are: Pause, Speed 1, Speed 2, Speed 3, Speed 3 Until Action Finishes)
Mad Poster
#7121 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 9:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
The 1.69 patch:
1. Is buggy.
a) It forgets which EP/SPs you chose, so when you come back to your game, it may have missing items.
b) Even if you check it before you start, it may "forget" and dump you into the base game.
2. It breaks "Any Game Starter" and "Sim Game Select".
3. You have to have Origin.
4. Instead of starting directly from TS3W.exe, you HAVE to do the extra step of starting the launcher, even if you don't have any downloads to install.
5. You have to run a special version of CAW - not a big deal, but it's an extra step.

And sometimes it says you have version 1.67.2 even though you ACTUALLY have 1.69.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#7122 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
The show stage (a carpet like object in buydebug, I think), some stage props on that stage carpet (not necessary but it seems to help shows) and some audience rugs (also in buydebug). You can also add a dining table and two chairs to each audience rug for seated performances. The stage rug will spawn the proprietor NPC, which is necessary, but only in venues that are allowed for performances.

The allowed locations for performances are live and private venues, right?
Does the venue only serve as a location for performances or does it have a 'default' setting as a location (like a Park turning into a seasonal Festival with Seasons), so I should put more than just the carpet and audience rugs in?
I'm absolutely new to Showtime and couldn't find a lot of info on things.
Theorist
#7123 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
Thanks. Now, we'll see if I can *see* the P key while I'm simming.... (I'm light sensitive, have a black keyboard, and sim at night, LOL.)

Aaah, that's why I bought a glow-in-the-dark keyboard last year. I like to play Fallout New Vegas in the dark, but I need my hotkeys...

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
#7124 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
The allowed locations for performances are live and private venues, right?
Does the venue only serve as a location for performances or does it have a 'default' setting as a location (like a Park turning into a seasonal Festival with Seasons), so I should put more than just the carpet and audience rugs in?
I'm absolutely new to Showtime and couldn't find a lot of info on things.
The "proper" performance venues are:
Big Park
Coffeehouse
Live Show Venue
Private Venue
Big Show Venue
These are also in the order of performer level, i.e. you start with the park and at level 10 you can audition for the Big Show Venue.

As of patch 1.36 other community lots can take the same function if you build a stage there:
Big Park Level: graveyards, fishing spots and beaches
Coffeehouse level: pool, gym, library or a dive bar
Live Show Venue level: hangout or a dance club type lots
Private Venue level: art gallery, a lounge or a horse ranch
Big Show Venue: there are no equivalents, you need the proper lot type and the huge stage object, the audience rug und the gigantic fake audience object. You don't need the rabbithole shells, however. You can build a Big Show Venue just like any other lot.

This is all from sims.wikia.com

Your best bet is to look at how the venues in Starlight Shores are made, with buydebug on. Those lots are built properly. The stage object in the Park is not necessary however; what is important there is, again, the rug that has been placed on the elevated stage object.
Top Secret Researcher
#7125 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Aaah, that's why I bought a glow-in-the-dark keyboard last year. I like to play Fallout New Vegas in the dark, but I need my hotkeys...

Yeah, I think I'll try 0 on the numpad, that might be easier.
Page 285 of 385