Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#7126 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 5:03 PM
Is there a way to accomplish the Fashion Phenomenon lifetime wish without having to either put up with the entire town eventually getting their respective life stages reset, or having to closely monitor their ages and putting them back to the correct number of days in Master Controller? I use the MC Stylist if all I want to do is change someone's look, but that doesn't help with the LTW. Is there a salon that doesn't reset the life stage? Or am I doomed to having to meticulously note each sims age before styling them?

My latest snarkfest, think of it as the Cards Against Humanity of Sims stories, mostly enjoyable for horrible people. - Killer Legacy, Man!
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7127 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 8:22 PM
I think that the MasterController Integration module applies the MC fixes to CAS to the stylist station, too.
Mad Poster
#7128 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 8:31 PM
That is correct, the MC Integration add-on module applies the MC version of CAS and its subsets, so therefore no more age-randomization, across the entire game.
Test Subject
#7129 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 9:01 PM
Thank you, both, so much! I was hoping that there was an NRAAS fix that I wasn't aware of.

My latest snarkfest, think of it as the Cards Against Humanity of Sims stories, mostly enjoyable for horrible people. - Killer Legacy, Man!
Field Researcher
#7130 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 1:19 AM
Is there a way (with or without mods) to actually choose the duration of the seasonal festivals? I would really like to have them active for like 1-2 days for each season instead of the whole week.
Lab Assistant
#7131 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 9:18 PM
What can my sims do with the 'preserves' from Granma's Canning Station? I understand how the 'jams' work; they can be sold or spread on toast/scones but I have no idea what can be done with the preserves.

I love my pc because my sims live in it
Top Secret Researcher
#7132 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 12:20 AM
Is anyone else having script errors about Facebook? (Game is working fine, from all I can tell.)
Mad Poster
#7133 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 12:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
Is anyone else having script errors about Facebook? (Game is working fine, from all I can tell.)

I've seen a couple of complaints about those today, yes. It's a server-side script error that appears on the Launcher, but the source is all on EA's end. It's harmless, unless not being able to jump from the Launcher to Facebook or a Facebook account login is distressing (in which case...well, I don't really know what to say!)
Top Secret Researcher
#7134 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 1:12 AM
Yeah, game seems to be working fine. And I don't use Facebook, so all is well!
Field Researcher
#7135 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 6:35 AM
I don't recall if I've ever noticed in my games, but do non-active Sims in regular careers require a minimum number of co-workers?

Example: Two non-actives are in Law Enforcement. If they're supposed to have 3 co-workers, will the game spawn homeless Sims to fill that third spot, or wrangle a resident to fill it?
Scholar
#7136 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 9:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by velvetmagras
What can my sims do with the 'preserves' from Granma's Canning Station? I understand how the 'jams' work; they can be sold or spread on toast/scones but I have no idea what can be done with the preserves.

It's another storage method, if I remember rightly. Clicking on them (in inventory? been ages since I used it) gives an option to open, and then it adds a number of the produce to your inventory.
#7137 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 10:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LeeAlee
I don't recall if I've ever noticed in my games, but do non-active Sims in regular careers require a minimum number of co-workers?

Example: Two non-actives are in Law Enforcement. If they're supposed to have 3 co-workers, will the game spawn homeless Sims to fill that third spot, or wrangle a resident to fill it?
Yes and no. There seems to be a maximum number of possible co-workers but the game does not necessarily force the filling of all slots, especially for inactives. And there are also careers that are not as dependant on having coworkers as others.

To take your example of law enforcement: this career requires one co-worker, the "partner". If there are more Sims in that career the only other position to fill is that of the boss, but the game won't add a second partner.

But each career is different. A good first indicator are the different work tones for each career: if it allows you to interact with both coworkers and the boss chances are that the game will force both positions to be filled. The second indicator are the requirements for advancement. Some careers, like business, require a good relationship to both groups, coworkers and boss, some only to the boss, some none at all.

Now as to numbers, each career is very much different from the others. Music, for example, seems to have a cap at three coworkers, while some of the "neediest" careers are business, military and professional sports. And among these each is different, too, because while you can have a lot of coworkers in military the only position that is really important is the boss. Sports on the other hand will probably add a boss, but you cannot even interact with them through the work tones and boss relationship is also not a requirement for advancement. Same with law enforcement: the boss there is completely redundant, even though the game has filled that position quite often in my games.

A helping tool for determining how many coworkers you need for each career is MasterController. With MC you can manually add coworkers and select from the list of Sims that are already in the respective careers. If there are, for example seven Sims in music and you want to choose the coworkers manually, MC will not allow you to add more than three. The fourth to seventh musician are not selectable anymore.

I am also using AwesomeMod which specifically changes the game behaviour to not be as rigorous anymore to fill empty positions automatically.

ETA: Forgot to add, that there is also a difference between inactives and actives. If you never switch to inactive households the pre-mades will happily spend the rest of their careers without any coworkers, unless they were added by the creator of the world manually.
Mad Poster
#7138 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 3:17 PM Last edited by igazor : 14th Oct 2017 at 4:48 PM.
For those using NRaas StoryProgression and its SP Career add-on module, some of this for the inactives becomes optional.

NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Careers > Manage Bosses > T/F
NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Careers > Manage Co-Workers > T/F

Both are set to True by default. On False, the Co-Workers one will dragoon existing residents or spawn new homeless sims far fewer times to keep inactives company in their jobs unless their career progression absolutely requires some. Manage Bosses on False will cause the mod to spawn fewer homeless sims to act as bosses for inactives in the event that their existing co-workers are at lower job levels than the sim requiring a boss and, like EA standard, will sometimes allow lower job level sims to be bosses of higher ranking employees.

With or without the SP Career module, it seems that sometimes the game becomes confused and calls for what could be let's say nine homeless co-workers to accommodate three inactives in the same career rather than allowing them to share co-workers. MC's command to Add Co-Workers can help cut through some of that unnecessary spawnage if you catch it happening.
Field Researcher
#7139 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 5:48 AM
@Don Babilon @igazor - Thank you both very much for the excellent information. The coworkers thing is more complex than I initially thought. I'm working on populating a small world and I want to assign everyone's careers (and not have the game undo my assignments), the information you both provided is very helpful.
#7140 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 12:23 PM
Depending on whether you have story mode enabled and what story progression mod you use or do not use, your personal settings might become overriden by story progression anyway.

Coworker assignment happens regardless of whether story mode is enabled or not, but story progression can change all of that in an instant. Without story mode your settings will stick and your once assigned workers will not change jobs to fill empty coworker slots in a different career.

There is another thing though. Without story progression, inactives will keep their job position indefinitely (in a vanilla game). This can lead to your Sim suddenly have a higher position than their boss. The game will then drop the boss and try to find a new one, and the former boss will not fall back into the position of coworker then, meaning that you might also need another coworker, too.
Field Researcher
#7141 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 5:28 PM Last edited by LeeAlee : 15th Oct 2017 at 6:18 PM.
What I planned on doing was to populate the world, assigning Lifetime Wishes in CAS and careers using NRaas MC (including writers and painters if possible).

The town is small and will have only these RH full and part-time careers (no stylists, consignment, fire house, etc.):
Law Enforcement, Education, Culinary (diner), Theater, Medicine, Bookstore, Grocery. If I concentrate on fulfilling the requirements for those first, I could possibly get the game to leave the writers and painters alone (fingers crossed). My active Sim will not be working in a rabbit hole career.

I currently have Shimrod's XML StoryProgression (no immigration/no emigration) mod installed, it works with EA SP. I can move that out and put NRaas SP back in for more control (if needed).
Field Researcher
#7142 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 4:02 PM
Okay, so I built my own festival grounds and added a concessions stand. I have Register set up to automatically fill those kinds of roles. The problem is, my townies seem to be stuck in an uninhabited house! ResetSim doesn't seem to work; they just stay stuck in the building. Does anyone have any ideas of what to do here?

Hey- if you said something to me in a post and I didn't write back, I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't feel good enough to post and by the time I'm able to the thread's old enough that I feel kind of weird about bumping it just to post one or two sentences. So please don't take it personally! :)
Mad Poster
#7143 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Macaroodle
Okay, so I built my own festival grounds and added a concessions stand. I have Register set up to automatically fill those kinds of roles. The problem is, my townies seem to be stuck in an uninhabited house! ResetSim doesn't seem to work; they just stay stuck in the building. Does anyone have any ideas of what to do here?

Do you get any better or different results with a MasterController Reset on the sims or the uninhabited lot?

Or how about if you bulldoze the lot entirely? That shouldn't hurt sims who are inside at the time, they should just be sent home (if they have a home) or off the map if they are homeless NPCs.
Field Researcher
#7144 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Do you get any better or different results with a MasterController Reset on the sims or the uninhabited lot?

Or how about if you bulldoze the lot entirely? That shouldn't hurt sims who are inside at the time, they should just be sent home (if they have a home) or off the map if they are homeless NPCs.

Doing a MasterController reset fixed the problem! Thank you!

Hey- if you said something to me in a post and I didn't write back, I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't feel good enough to post and by the time I'm able to the thread's old enough that I feel kind of weird about bumping it just to post one or two sentences. So please don't take it personally! :)
Scholar
#7145 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 10:01 PM
In Create a Household, I'm not able to select any of the premade Sims. The bin loads, and the selected Sim highlights, but the Sim that spawned in CAS never transforms into the one I selected. I also can't delete any of my old, ugly versions.
Scholar
#7146 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TigerAnne
In Create a Household, I'm not able to select any of the premade Sims. The bin loads, and the selected Sim highlights, but the Sim that spawned in CAS never transforms into the one I selected. I also can't delete any of my old, ugly versions.

Are you by any chance working with a full household when this happens? I've encountered a similar issue in the past when trying to build a household out of a group of previously created and saved sims. The first seven could be added fine, but I could never get the eighth sim to turn into the one I selected from the bin. The only workarounds I found were to load the ones that couldn't be recreated easily from the bin, and then to remake the last one, or to make them as two separate households and merge them after exiting CAS.

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Test Subject
#7147 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 2:42 AM
Ok I have somewhat a stupid question. I just bought world adventures and ambitions. when it comes to ambitions do you literally see the job that the sim is employed at and also is world adventures a realm that you have to add to your town page?
Site Helper
#7148 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 4:19 AM
World Adventures adds travel destinations which your sim can go to in your regular saved game. (And which your sims will start rolling wishes to go to...)
(A word of caution: when interacting with a local in a WA destination, you will get the opportunity to learn songs. DO NOT DO THIS!!! They sing them in the shower, which is cute. They sing them while fishing, which is cute. They sing them all the time, which is cute at first, and then gets very old very quickly. Especially when they are singing a song next to someone singing a different song, next to a stereo playing a third song, and then someone else comes in and starts singing yet another song. There are mods to prevent them from singing the songs unless you tell them to, but it's easier to just avoid teaching them any songs.)

Ambitions: there are two kinds of jobs now. There are the normal rabbithole jobs where the sim vanishes for a while. Then there are professions. Not only do you see the sim at work, you have to actually play the sim at work. They generally run around the neighborhood doing things, although the stylist keeps giving makeovers to the same sims over and over. (And it's probably not a good idea to have more than one profession in a household, or two if you're good at switching back and forth.)

ETA: World Adventures destinations are unique between saved games, so you can clear a tomb in China without it being touched if you start a brand new game and go to China in that new save. But within a save, you can only clear a tomb once. The condition of each destination in a save is kept within that save. And I hope I'm making myself clear. It's late, I'm tired, and I have too much of a migraine to get to sleep.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#7149 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 7:22 AM
(uploads tea, migraine meds, and hugs for much later when she could use them to poor Ghostie, all while trying not to sing my favorite song from my homeworld on Planet Igazor...)
Site Helper
#7150 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 2:34 PM
Hugs Igazor back, and thanks him

Hugs are always nice. I wonder how much of a coincidence it is that your post was made about the same time things had subsided enough for me to get to sleep?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Page 286 of 385